Home

Sliders, how do they work...

This is a discussion on Sliders, how do they work... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sliders, how do they work...

Great minds think alike? Or we just want a solid game of football.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkedklwnz
For my idea to work the sliders would actually have to only work on the area they are supposed to. For instance Pass rush would only affect pass rush, not interceptions, qb accuracy, and wide receiver catching for example. The Devs can revamp the sliders to work correctly. Shouldnt be that difficult for them to do so.

Still adds the mystery of difficult and whatever that would impact.

And it would be an unmodifiable impact most likely

I like the idea that sliders ARE the difficulty, but yeah, they need to impact one specific aspect per slider.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:59 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I thought of an interesting theory and would like to hear your thoughts on it. Maybe each slider's value raises the particular rating (i.e QB accuracy, pass rushing etc.) of everyone to that rating or higher. What I mean is that if I have CPU QB accuracy at 85, then all CPU QBs I play with an accuracy lower than 85 will have their accuracy raised to 85.

I'm not sure if this is correct. It's just a theory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has anyone ever tried asking Ian directly to explain the sliders and express how frustrating they are?

I agree with many that feel the slider system is broken and perhaps that the EA crew doesnt have an idea what they do.

Its frustrating that the simple things dont work on this game.....
and yet so many are happy to play it.

I love football and enjoyed Madden since the sega genesis days...but at a time where we should be enjoying the best ever video game football this game seems to have de-evolved or regressed as oppossed to progressing and that is a BIG disappointment.

I have read many ideas on sliders and they all seem very plausable then we experiment and discover the theory is that much better than the last idea.

Reminds me of when I would play WWE Smackdown vs Raw titles I'd spend more time creating a wrestler than playing because playing the game wasnt all that fun after awhile, time spent trying to fix this game is getting boring
Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #13
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't know but since sports games are played with all the attributes are assigned to each player, the game should be played out with the assigned attributes. Get rid of the sliders.

Now I need to get my 2nd cup of coffee.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 10-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
I don't know but since sports games are played with all the attributes are assigned to each player, the game should be played out with the assigned attributes. Get rid of the sliders.
Those attributes better be very, very accurate then

I think the other problem is that the user influences stuff (stick skills and all that).

Now if this was just a sim game and you're just watching or coaching - I agree, you could get rid of sliders and just get the attributes spot on.

But since users can influence gameplay and not all users are as good at influencing gameplay, but they want realistic results still - sliders are needed.

Otherwise, someone good at the sticks can get unrealistic results or the same someone who is bad.

They don't need to drop sliders, they just need to make each one impact one specific aspect of the game. No more of the "side effects" or "integration".
Old 10-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
I thought of an interesting theory and would like to hear your thoughts on it. Maybe each slider's value raises the particular rating (i.e QB accuracy, pass rushing etc.) of everyone to that rating or higher. What I mean is that if I have CPU QB accuracy at 85, then all CPU QBs I play with an accuracy lower than 85 will have their accuracy raised to 85.

I'm not sure if this is correct. It's just a theory.

Could be.

It would make 0 or something the one that's most ratings based. Didn't someone here have sliders where they set all the human to 0 and the AI to 5 and said they got good games? I might have to look for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #16
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

try setting qb acc and wr catching to 0 and see how many passes you complete lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »