Home

Sliders, how do they work...

This is a discussion on Sliders, how do they work... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Sliders, how do they work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
idk what to say, I've been playing around with 10 break tackle, 10 run block, 50 fumble for human... 50 reaction time, 10 shed block, 10 tackle for cpu... seems fine to me

the other one i played around with a few days ago was 13 break tackle, 0 run block, 50 fumble for human... 50 run reaction, 13 shed block, 14 tackle for cpu... I wasnt a fan of the tackling animations w/ that one though

all I can say is play multiple games w/ different teams (which i'm sure you already know)

outside runs are definately harder than inside runs, but if you use them at the right times they are effective

Yeah, I literally have to have run blocking around 52-54 (post patch) for either team to run well. Maybe it's my threshold (mine is 75, higher than your 60) and/or my fatigue (mine is 83).

My run defense sliders are just about 0 (my rush blocking is 19 out of 20 right now - only tackling is above 5).

Last edited by KBLover; 10-09-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #42
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

How do you guys see the CPU QB acc slider working? I would like to see a few less completions by the CPU QB, and more errant passes without them automatically being picked off. (from default 50)
Old 10-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
imo all the sliders do is increase the frequency penalty animations occur, they dont actual increase the odds the penalty is called though...
Ugh, just saw the "false start but the play still went on" animation again.

Penalties are going to 0. I don't even care about any other side effects at this point.

That's just stupid.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #44
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

Penalties are going to 0. I don't even care about any other side effects at this point.

That's just stupid.
Yes, penalties are also screwed in this game. Mine r at default and I had 1 penalty called the whole game.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Once again thanks for the info....Bill2451 I really starting to see your settings come together, I have tested the pass and am enjoying the results.

I am interested whats your hum pass D look like and how do you set the cpu offense, I am getting a lot of yards against which has me some what frustrated.

thanks again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #46
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

That's just stupid.
just be aware you literally cant be called for any penalty that has the slider at 0

hitstick the WR before he catches the ball, go for it... jump offsides when trying to time the snap for a blitz, fair game...
Old 10-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #47
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
Once again thanks for the info....Bill2451 I really starting to see your settings come together, I have tested the pass and am enjoying the results.

I am interested whats your hum pass D look like and how do you set the cpu offense, I am getting a lot of yards against which has me some what frustrated.

thanks again
pretty much the same... little more human pass rush, less hum int (I think i have mine at 5)... I think I've been running w/ hum pass reaction at 0 and have been getting solid stats, may bump it up a tiny bit though as my guys reaction times seem a bit worse than the cpu's when i'm on offense

against good teams stopping the pass can really be a difficult task sometimes. I played the strangest game last night, had it been the first game i played with these settings, i would have quit at halftime and thought they were completely off...

McNabb threw for 306 yards in the first half... yeah, 306 (luckily a timely redzone pick and a dropped TD on 3rd down by the eagles meant they only scored 20)

towards the end of the first half I had finally had a little success stopping them, and I continued that in the 2nd half and held McNabb to I think 54 yards passing

he still ended up with like 360 (on like 45 attempts), but had this been my first game w/ these sliders i would have quit at half and said they were completely off lol
Old 10-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bill2451 could you advise me on where to tweek these sliders
I had the best game to date using these, run game was a bit tough(maybe more than a bit-but later in the game I started getting more positive yardage either d tired or I adjusted)....the game play felt more tight and the score was 10-3 into late 3rd than I made some mistakes and lost 24-3 NE @ Den(me)

slow/60

H/C
-----------------
QbA:35-25
PB :0 - 0
WrC:35-45

BT :10-10
RB :10-20
Fum:50-50

PRT :40-0
Int : 8- 8
PR :70-65

RRT :20-50
Bt :10-10
Tack:10-10

Bill2451 I am trying to incorporate your ideas here what adjustments would you suggest?

Thanks again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »