Home

Auto-Sub settings question...

This is a discussion on Auto-Sub settings question... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Auto-Sub settings question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
I'm assuming that raising fatigue to 75 makes the players fatigue faster?
sure does... you need to figure out the right setting for yourself though, as it depends also on sub in/out and quarter length settings as to how much impact it has late in the 4th quarter of games like it should
Old 10-14-2009, 06:42 AM   #10
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
sure does... you need to figure out the right setting for yourself though, as it depends also on sub in/out and quarter length settings as to how much impact it has late in the 4th quarter of games like it should
yea..I think I am at default playing 15 min quarters and my ol is totally gassed if I put together a prolonged drive (say like 10 plays, 6 min)

Also I have noticed my MLB wears down over a long drive as well. I would think at a higher setting I would be in real trouble.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
Rookie

Here's a good example. I use the Vikings..Adrian Peterson got the the last 2 carries and now breaks one for say 10 plus yards, he's gonna be gassed for a play or two. But still there he is ready to go. Chester Taylor a very capable back up only gets in on the 3rd down plays which are usually passing downs. Thus there's where the fatigue slider should come into effect. But if you mess with the fatigue slider i've noticed it moves all players in and out even linemen. Also once you start a game you cant change the auto-sub sliders to try to get the right setting. I guess im just trying to be as accurate as I can be to how their real life counterparts would play. I still wanna know exactly what the Auto-sub numbers 1-100 mean, because i've seen sliders with them low 0-1 and with them as high as 84-85 and the fatigue settings are all the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsportsguy40
I still wanna know exactly what the Auto-sub numbers 1-100 mean, because i've seen sliders with them low 0-1 and with them as high as 84-85 and the fatigue settings are all the same.
I've always thought of it as a percentage of their "energy" I guess you could call it.

So 0/1 would mean the player plays until he has 0% energy and comes in when he has 1% energy.

84/85 would be in until 84% energy and out until he's at 85% energy.

Where it gets tricky is that each quarter there seems to be a max to which they can recover. That's where the "disappearing acts" come in. If you set the return slider too high, the player will never get there and never get back into the game.

I wish there was a screen to show the actual %, like on the depth chart screen - have a column for energy or something, maybe then we could come up with something that could work. The color coded circles aren't good enough for this, imo.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #13
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Formation subs and packages would fix pretty much all auto-sub issues. I cant believe this still isn't in Madden.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:27 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Formation subs and packages would fix pretty much all auto-sub issues. I cant believe this still isn't in Madden.
It is.... you just have to set them in game, then they stay set for future games in that franchise
Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
It is.... you just have to set them in game, then they stay set for future games in that franchise
can you make up your own packages? like i want to make a package called x with y players, but it's not part of the standard packages in an offensive set, can i do it?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »