Home

RnR's NEW SLIDERS!!! READY FOR TESTING!!!

This is a discussion on RnR's NEW SLIDERS!!! READY FOR TESTING!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: RnR's NEW SLIDERS!!! READY FOR TESTING!!!

Just played two games with your sliders as the 49ers in my franchise. First of all i really liked how the game felt. It never felt like the computer was cheating. But jesus did i get my *** kicked in these two games.

First was against Chicago score... 45-17. This was a close game until the second half where my defense just fell apart. I was able to move the ball well but just couldn't get it in the end zone.

Second was against Green Bay score... 47-7. Their defense just absolutely dominated my offense.

I was getting very frustrated with the passing games. My recievers had 15+ combined drops. My qb was 5/32 with 40 yards or so.

The running game felt perfect. The packers were able to keep me from getting more than 5 yards a carry until i broke a big 72 yard run with coffee for a TD.

I think i'll bump up the WR catch and try another game. But overall great set of sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #26
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbreak82
Just played two games with your sliders as the 49ers in my franchise. First of all i really liked how the game felt. It never felt like the computer was cheating. But jesus did i get my *** kicked in these two games.

First was against Chicago score... 45-17. This was a close game until the second half where my defense just fell apart. I was able to move the ball well but just couldn't get it in the end zone.

Second was against Green Bay score... 47-7. Their defense just absolutely dominated my offense.

I was getting very frustrated with the passing games. My recievers had 15+ combined drops. My qb was 5/32 with 40 yards or so.

The running game felt perfect. The packers were able to keep me from getting more than 5 yards a carry until i broke a big 72 yard run with coffee for a TD.

I think i'll bump up the WR catch and try another game. But overall great set of sliders.
Well thanks for trying my sliders, and yeah they are very hard sliders to play with, but I enjoy them.

You had alot of dropped passes...what are your WR's catching abilities, reason I ask is because I worked hard trying to get WR catching slider to justify WR catching, if your WR's are bad with CIT or SPC attributes they will drop the ball in those area's!!! I would instead take down CPU awareness, as they will find it harder to stay with the WR's route, and give you more space to catch or receive the ball, and then just up the CPU slider the more you feel comfortable...If your WR's keep dropping the ball in more space, well then they're just bad...lol!!!

Anyways keep playing as I say the harder the game, the more you learn, the better you'll get!!!

Enjoy guys!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #27
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycast27
Season 2 Wk 4

Det 82 @ GB 89 overall

Det - Pack

Score 26-32
Rushing Yards 110-191
Passing Yards 199-279
1st dwns 8-16
turnovers 0(+5) - 5(-5)

Player STATs

Qbs

Rodgers 17-31, 67.2 rating, 279 yards, 2tds, 4 picks
stafford 14-31, 80.8 226 yards 1 td

Rushing

Grant 15 carries 102 yards, 6.8 av, 1 td
Jackson 15 carries 90 yards 6.0 av 1td
Det-Smith 15 carries 91 yards, 6 average,0 tds

Receiving

GB-BJackson(RB) - 5Rec - 84 yards- 16.8 av-1td
GB-T.Watson(FB)- 4 Rec - 45 yards, 11.3 av 0td
GB- Nelson (WR)-3Rec - 100 yards 33av 1 td
Det- Johnson Jnr- 2rec 121 yards- 60 av 0td

Defence

I didnt get sack *thank you god!!!!!!*
I got 5 sacks 1 with a LB which feels soo sweet!

All in all this was a MUCH better game!

I was ALL over them 10-0 up then gave up a pick TD!!!

RUSHING was brilliant as id get stuffed one play then get a massive 10 yard play the next.

Passing is my Achilles heel, its no shock to see my RB and FB got almost all my receptions because they are the only ones open.

I still throw picks and they are always to a MAIN WR- Jennings/Driver, one was a panic throw as i was about to get sacked on 3rd down and deserved it. One was was a cross route where i had 2 WR on the safety and they pretyy much bumped into each other and the safety GAY i think it was stepped up and took the pick.

I think i need to LAB the passing game, after i threw some picks i decided to have 1 WR go long if he wasnt open id go to the RB in the flats which works pretty much every time. need to learn some more plays with my passing i think as i always get picked if i pass over 10 yards.

D-Fence was brilliant, had lots more fun this game, mainly because the CPU actually dropped passes, even easy ones so i didnt give up huge plays like i did in the last post i made.

Pressure was easier! is it because its Detroit? i dont know probably but my aggressive blitzes actually made an impact for the 1st time in 3 games stafford got hit as he threw sooo many times it was great and unlike in previous games the rushed passed wasnt a easy 5-10 yard gain!

THe CPU rushing is a lot harder to stop ive given up 100 yards rushing to everyone so far, not sure what im doing wrong the CPU is just good what can i say im only a 480 odd madden IQ player

i reeeeealy enjoyed this game, so im going to stick with the sliders. before my next game i will lab up some passing plays and learn to throw deep.

will post more stats as they come.
I'm glad you did well and had fun this time round.
Thanks again for your stats.

LOL DUDE...I was getting worried, I thought u we're gonna lose it!!!

Playing offence is very hard with these sliders and u have to be careful with what play u call...I play the run and then work in some play action, which makes the CPU blitz me more, and they bring in their safety's and CB's to press me more and give me less space and time, which stops me from throwing short passes and to stops me running the ball.
That gives me the opportunity to throw overt the top and beat the coverage!!
Example...I will call a play, run or PA, I will see how the CPU has lined up against me!!! I will send my best and fastest WR on a hot route, start the play and if he is in space and beaten his man and I know he can make a catch I will throw to him, if he is not open I will throw to guy on a cross route or dump it off short!!!

For stopping the run, if your playing 3-4 they will destroy u through the middle.
You want to make the HB run around the outside!!!

These 2 options may help you, u can try either way

Step 1...Pinch your D line...
Step 2...Spread your LB's...

Step 1...spread your D line...
Step 2...Pinch your LB's...

This may not work all the time, as you will get beat occasionally and you can never really tell what the AI is gonna do!!!

Last edited by z ROCKnROLLA z; 10-20-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #28
Rookie

Well i played a third game in my franchise as the 49ers vs Jacksonville. All i did was bump the wr catch to 40 and left the rest of the sliders as the same. This game was much different than the other two and was a lot of fun. I ended up wining 33-30. I really enjoyed the challenge but seeing my wrs drop way too many passes was a little unrealistic to me. I know the 49ers receivers aren't anything to brag about but they shouldn't be dropping that many passes. Anyways thanks for the great slider set and I'll try and post some stats from my games.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #29
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbreak82
Well i played a third game in my franchise as the 49ers vs Jacksonville. All i did was bump the wr catch to 40 and left the rest of the sliders as the same. This game was much different than the other two and was a lot of fun. I ended up wining 33-30. I really enjoyed the challenge but seeing my wrs drop way too many passes was a little unrealistic to me. I know the 49ers receivers aren't anything to brag about but they shouldn't be dropping that many passes. Anyways thanks for the great slider set and I'll try and post some stats from my games.
Sweet!!! very close game again!!!
Do u mind posting some key stats so I can see and judge them, also can you let me know what ur WR catching stats are, that would be champion!!!!

Cheers dude!!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

week 6 sEASON 2

Got Detroit again??

Different game this time despite me being the "big fav"

Packers - Lions
Score 24-38
Rushing Yards 97-71
Passing Yards 142-237
1st dwns 14-15
TURNOVERS 4(-4) - 0(+4) everyone a pick!!!!!

Pens:
5-57 6-93

*note* Why do i ALWAYS get a holding pen against me if i ever rush more than 5 yards, i swear its an auto pen when i have a decent carry!

Player Stats

QBs

Stafford 107 rating, 21-28, 246 yards 1td
rodgers 11.2 YES 11.2! 11-39 - 142 yards 1td 4 picks
Culpepper 66.7 rating 1/2 11 yards 0 tds

Rushing

Det-Smith 22-73 yards, 3.3 av 2 tds
jackson 13-51 3.9 av 1 td
grant 12-42 yards 3.5 av 0 tds

Receiving

Det Ellenz 5-76 yards 1 td
Det-c johnson jrn 4-82 yards 0td
GB Finley (TE) - 3-46 yards 1 td
GB Grant (RB) 3-36 yards 0 td
GB Jackson (RB) 2-20 yards 0 td
Jenning and Driver 1 catch each

d-fence:

4 sacks! 2 by my DE and 2 by me (ROLB-Matthews)
Det had 0 sacks

me 0 picks
det 4 picks

Dropped catches
me 4
nelson x2
jennings x1
jackson x1

Summary

I kick to start the game and DET just make 1st down after 1st passing all over me despite my zone all over the field. they just were PATS like in the 1st qtr going 14-0 up

I couldnt do anything until the 3rd qtr. I started forcing 3 and outs but the problem was id rush for 3-4 yards..pass inc..****sh for 3/4 PUNT or...Pass Inc.****sh 3-4 yards...pass inc.

Basically PASS INC, PASS Inc!!!

i WAS able to avoid getting sacked plenty of times but i lost count on the amount of passes that dribbled out my hand into the ground as i was hit despite me pressing pass a second before! Anyways, a constant and HIGHLY annoying trend was id send my WR deep my ace jennings on most plays to stretch them. Often he was AHEAD of the CB when 1on1 i did a LOB pass the ball is short and padded down.

I went for a hard pass the ball was short and padded down, Rodgers NEVER got the ball PAST the defender it was annoying like hell! My WR is 3-4 yards in FRONT his route is a straight line for like 50 yards i could throw lob or hard pass and at worst is i OVER throw it not always under. I hit jennings ONCE all game doing this and how?

I was blitzed like crazy and in a tilt moment tapped circle i think it was whilst on the BACK foot and bang straight in his hands before i was tackled. Yet when i had time and he was clear of the defender the pass was swatted away go figure??

Their CB was player of the game as he picked me off 3 times with a MLB the other. I just cant pass with these sliders the D never freezes to Pump fake and my PA roll outs attract soo much heat that i get soo many tipped passes.

I could almost juts NOT pass and probably just get by i imagine although im finding my RB's are getting "RED" very quickly that ive had to use my 3rd one on a few plays!

Had i not given up 2 PICK TDs id of won, plus i missed 3 fgs around 45-50 yards where as usual i have the distance but all mine slowly slice right and miss wide!

I love passing the football but ive not had a QB rating anywhere near 80 let alone a 100 with these sliders.

As per my receiving stats its always the RB and TE who can be hit which im not a fan of as i want to be hiting my prime time recievers.

Not adjusting your OVERALL sliders because i think they play well! i think i contained DET quite well yard wise considering its just my passing game is terrible. What can i change to basically get my WR free!!! sounds a silly thing to say but even if i have ALL day in the pocket the RB and TE are the only ones free EVER! or as per my comment above the WR deep is free PRE THROW..POST throw ts a pad down by their D.

The CPU makes passes OVER my 2 MLB on ZONE to their WR who has a CB on them yet i cant make a deep pass to a 93 receiver one on one ahead of his CB down field.

I like how the CPU mixes its blitzes and i feel the amount of time in the pocket you get is fair and challenging but then seeing pass after pass after pass miss their target becomes annoying. Is it the D's awareness that i can change or the QB accuracy?

You could argue that ive scored near 30 points in every game with your sliders so i just need to work at the passing game. But for me i want to have high completion counts for a change im fed up of 20 pass attempts and 5 completions, 4 to my RB and 1 to my TE. I want 10 or 11 out of 20 with my WRS getting catches.

to summarise:

i love the rushing challenge and the D-challenge

but the passing challenge is waaay too hard for a gamer like me.

Ive throw something like 20 picks and 8 tds in 5 games as rodgers this year LOL i want it the other way
Old 10-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #31
Rookie

Ok, I just played game three with your sliders... And **** was it one hell of a game. Only change i've made is change WR catch for user to 40.

SF vs SEA
47-41 SEA wins it in OT.

Player Stats

Passing:
SF:
S. Hill, 74.9, 9/18, 144 yards, 2 TD, 2 int
C. Koop, 32.5, 10/19 119 yards, 0 TD, 2 int

SEA:
M. Hasselback, 139 rtg, 22/37 424 yards, 5 TD, 0 int

Rushing:
SF:
G. Coffee 21 att, 69 yards, 3.2 avg

SEA:
J. Jones 20 att, 97 yards, 4.8 avg
E. James 8 att, 33 yards, 4.1 avg

Receiving:
SF:
V. Davis 7 Rec, 147 yds, 1 TD
J. Morgan 3 Rec, 39 yds, 1 TD
M. Morris 2 Rec, 11 yds
G. Coffee 2 Rec, 10 yds

Sea:
N. Burleson 3 Rec, 137 yds, 2 TD
D. Butler 2 Rec, 101 yds, 1 TD
J. Jones 3 Rec, 41 yds
O Schmitt 4 Rec, 39 yds, 1 TD
D. Branch 4 Rec, 29 yds

My QB's were sacked once while i sacked them 3 times.

Overall great game. I was playing catchup the whole game. With 3 mins left in the 4th i was able to drive down the field and on the 20 yardline i throw a INT and SEA takes over. J. Jones ends up fumbling the ball and i run it down to the 25 or so and with 20 secs left kick a field goal to tie the game. We go into OT and i win the toss and go 3 and out. Sea on their first play BAM N. Burleson for 72 yards and win haha.

These sliders are great. Every possession feels like a game of chess almost. You have to be very careful on offense and defense. If you don't pick the right play these sliders will make you pay haha.

Last edited by Outbreak82; 10-20-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycast27
week 6 sEASON 2

Got Detroit again??

Different game this time despite me being the "big fav"

Packers - Lions
Score 24-38
Rushing Yards 97-71
Passing Yards 142-237
1st dwns 14-15
TURNOVERS 4(-4) - 0(+4) everyone a pick!!!!!

Pens:
5-57 6-93

*note* Why do i ALWAYS get a holding pen against me if i ever rush more than 5 yards, i swear its an auto pen when i have a decent carry!

Player Stats

QBs

Stafford 107 rating, 21-28, 246 yards 1td
rodgers 11.2 YES 11.2! 11-39 - 142 yards 1td 4 picks
Culpepper 66.7 rating 1/2 11 yards 0 tds

Rushing

Det-Smith 22-73 yards, 3.3 av 2 tds
jackson 13-51 3.9 av 1 td
grant 12-42 yards 3.5 av 0 tds

Receiving

Det Ellenz 5-76 yards 1 td
Det-c johnson jrn 4-82 yards 0td
GB Finley (TE) - 3-46 yards 1 td
GB Grant (RB) 3-36 yards 0 td
GB Jackson (RB) 2-20 yards 0 td
Jenning and Driver 1 catch each

d-fence:

4 sacks! 2 by my DE and 2 by me (ROLB-Matthews)
Det had 0 sacks

me 0 picks
det 4 picks

Dropped catches
me 4
nelson x2
jennings x1
jackson x1

Summary

I kick to start the game and DET just make 1st down after 1st passing all over me despite my zone all over the field. they just were PATS like in the 1st qtr going 14-0 up

I couldnt do anything until the 3rd qtr. I started forcing 3 and outs but the problem was id rush for 3-4 yards..pass inc..****sh for 3/4 PUNT or...Pass Inc.****sh 3-4 yards...pass inc.

Basically PASS INC, PASS Inc!!!

i WAS able to avoid getting sacked plenty of times but i lost count on the amount of passes that dribbled out my hand into the ground as i was hit despite me pressing pass a second before! Anyways, a constant and HIGHLY annoying trend was id send my WR deep my ace jennings on most plays to stretch them. Often he was AHEAD of the CB when 1on1 i did a LOB pass the ball is short and padded down.

I went for a hard pass the ball was short and padded down, Rodgers NEVER got the ball PAST the defender it was annoying like hell! My WR is 3-4 yards in FRONT his route is a straight line for like 50 yards i could throw lob or hard pass and at worst is i OVER throw it not always under. I hit jennings ONCE all game doing this and how?

I was blitzed like crazy and in a tilt moment tapped circle i think it was whilst on the BACK foot and bang straight in his hands before i was tackled. Yet when i had time and he was clear of the defender the pass was swatted away go figure??

Their CB was player of the game as he picked me off 3 times with a MLB the other. I just cant pass with these sliders the D never freezes to Pump fake and my PA roll outs attract soo much heat that i get soo many tipped passes.

I could almost juts NOT pass and probably just get by i imagine although im finding my RB's are getting "RED" very quickly that ive had to use my 3rd one on a few plays!

Had i not given up 2 PICK TDs id of won, plus i missed 3 fgs around 45-50 yards where as usual i have the distance but all mine slowly slice right and miss wide!

I love passing the football but ive not had a QB rating anywhere near 80 let alone a 100 with these sliders.

As per my receiving stats its always the RB and TE who can be hit which im not a fan of as i want to be hiting my prime time recievers.

Not adjusting your OVERALL sliders because i think they play well! i think i contained DET quite well yard wise considering its just my passing game is terrible. What can i change to basically get my WR free!!! sounds a silly thing to say but even if i have ALL day in the pocket the RB and TE are the only ones free EVER! or as per my comment above the WR deep is free PRE THROW..POST throw ts a pad down by their D.

The CPU makes passes OVER my 2 MLB on ZONE to their WR who has a CB on them yet i cant make a deep pass to a 93 receiver one on one ahead of his CB down field.

I like how the CPU mixes its blitzes and i feel the amount of time in the pocket you get is fair and challenging but then seeing pass after pass after pass miss their target becomes annoying. Is it the D's awareness that i can change or the QB accuracy?

You could argue that ive scored near 30 points in every game with your sliders so i just need to work at the passing game. But for me i want to have high completion counts for a change im fed up of 20 pass attempts and 5 completions, 4 to my RB and 1 to my TE. I want 10 or 11 out of 20 with my WRS getting catches.

to summarise:

i love the rushing challenge and the D-challenge

but the passing challenge is waaay too hard for a gamer like me.

Ive throw something like 20 picks and 8 tds in 5 games as rodgers this year LOL i want it the other way
My thoughts would be to check what your QB's ratings are for short, medium, long and PA throws, as well as his speed and throwing on the run!!!
Also check your WR's ratings, you need fast WR's or WR's with good acceleration in madden, slow ones never get open!!!

For the Chiefs all my WR's are fast and their acceleration is over 90, except for my best WR, Dwayne Bowe who is 93 ovr, with 86 speed 91 acceleration and 87 awareness, he may not be the fastest but his acceleration and awareness get him open!!!
The rest of my WR's are all in the high 70's overall but are over 90 speed!!
My QB rating is always around 90 plus!!

As for D, My Chiefs where playing 3-4 and even if I played zone D or blitzed, the QB always found someone open, I've been told countless times that 3-4 D is broken in this game, so in the off season I picked D players in the draft and traded for some decent DT's to switch to 4-3 and changed my D playbook to the Titans 4-3 play book, so I'll be playing 4-3 and 4-4 D from now on, you can change your playbooks in the main options menu, outside of the franchise mode.

Anyways dude, thanks for the stats, keep em coming and keep your head up!!!

Last edited by z ROCKnROLLA z; 10-20-2009 at 02:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »