Home

RnR’s “IN THE GAME” Post Patch MADDEN 10 SLIDERS!!

This is a discussion on RnR’s “IN THE GAME” Post Patch MADDEN 10 SLIDERS!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #25
RLC!!!!!!!!

Bezzey's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: RnR’s “IN THE GAME” Post Patch MADDEN 10 SLIDERS!!

Year 2, Week 6
Falcons
(3-2) 0 | 7 | 3 | 7 | 17
Bucs(me)(2-2) 7 | 6 | 27 | 0 | 40

Team Stats

ATL | TB
Total Offense: 324 | 465
Rushing Yards: 100 | 138
Passing Yards: 224 | 327
First Downs: 14 | 17
Turnovers: 2 | 2
3rd Down Con: 6-20 (30%) | 7-17 (41%)
Penalties: 10-73 | 4-50
TOP: 16:38 | 19:22

Individual Stats:

Passing
ATL
M. Ryan 27-46 (58%), 253 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 88.4 Rating
TB
J. Freeman 17-35 (48%), 332 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT, 98.7 Rating

Rushing
ATL
M. Turner 16 att, 71 yds, 0 TD, 4.4 avg, 15 long, 3 btk
I. Johnson 6 att, 32 yds, 0 TD, 5.3 avg, 14 long, 0 btk
TB
C. Williams 26 att, 103 yds, 2 TD, 3.9 avg, 14 long, 2 btk
D. Ward 4 att, 12 yds, 0 TD, 3.0 avg, 4 long, 1 btk

Receiving
ATL
R. White 6 rec, 68 yds, 1 TD, 11.3 avg, 18 long, 2 yac
I. Johnson 4 rec, 45 yds, 0 TD, 11.2 avg, 17 long, 17 yac
M. Clayton 4 rec, 34 yds, 1 TD, 8.5 avg, 20 long, 11 yac
TB
C. Schilens 5 rec, 169 yds, 1 TD, 33.8 avg, 74 long, 120 yac
D. Bess 3 rec, 33 yds, 0 TD, 11.0 avg, 22 long, 14 yac
K. Winslow 3 rec, 33 yds, 0 TD, 11.0 avg, 17 long, 13 yac

Notes
-It was a defensive battle in the first half, then in the second the flood gates opened for me.
-There were a good amount of fumbles in the 3rd and 4th qtr, will have to play a few more games to see if this is common with different teams.
-Easily notice the speed difference with Chaz Schilens (92 spd) on his TD catch (caught it in traffic then blazed by everyone)
-Like the fact that when pressured the CPU would over throw his WRs sometimes

all-in-all I would say these slider are top-notch and playing in with the zoomed camera was different in fun. I will definitely keep playing with these probably making a few changes from here and there to keep up with my stick play. Good Work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #26
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Thanks rock. That game I played 8 min. qtrs, with fatigue @ 75. I'll pick it back up tomorrow. Oh yea, I would like to see better rushing.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #27
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickity
Year 2, Week 6
Falcons
(3-2) 0 | 7 | 3 | 7 | 17
Bucs(me)(2-2) 7 | 6 | 27 | 0 | 40

Team Stats

ATL | TB
Total Offense: 324 | 465
Rushing Yards: 100 | 138
Passing Yards: 224 | 327
First Downs: 14 | 17
Turnovers: 2 | 2
3rd Down Con: 6-20 (30%) | 7-17 (41%)
Penalties: 10-73 | 4-50
TOP: 16:38 | 19:22

Individual Stats:

Passing
ATL
M. Ryan 27-46 (58%), 253 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 88.4 Rating
TB
J. Freeman 17-35 (48%), 332 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT, 98.7 Rating

Rushing
ATL
M. Turner 16 att, 71 yds, 0 TD, 4.4 avg, 15 long, 3 btk
I. Johnson 6 att, 32 yds, 0 TD, 5.3 avg, 14 long, 0 btk
TB
C. Williams 26 att, 103 yds, 2 TD, 3.9 avg, 14 long, 2 btk
D. Ward 4 att, 12 yds, 0 TD, 3.0 avg, 4 long, 1 btk

Receiving
ATL
R. White 6 rec, 68 yds, 1 TD, 11.3 avg, 18 long, 2 yac
I. Johnson 4 rec, 45 yds, 0 TD, 11.2 avg, 17 long, 17 yac
M. Clayton 4 rec, 34 yds, 1 TD, 8.5 avg, 20 long, 11 yac
TB
C. Schilens 5 rec, 169 yds, 1 TD, 33.8 avg, 74 long, 120 yac
D. Bess 3 rec, 33 yds, 0 TD, 11.0 avg, 22 long, 14 yac
K. Winslow 3 rec, 33 yds, 0 TD, 11.0 avg, 17 long, 13 yac

Notes
-It was a defensive battle in the first half, then in the second the flood gates opened for me.
-There were a good amount of fumbles in the 3rd and 4th qtr, will have to play a few more games to see if this is common with different teams.
-Easily notice the speed difference with Chaz Schilens (92 spd) on his TD catch (caught it in traffic then blazed by everyone)
-Like the fact that when pressured the CPU would over throw his WRs sometimes

all-in-all I would say these slider are top-notch and playing in with the zoomed camera was different in fun. I will definitely keep playing with these probably making a few changes from here and there to keep up with my stick play. Good Work
Thanks for the Stats and good comments Wickity, and again the stats look great, good passing attempts and good rushing attempts, looks like Ryan was really trying to pull it back for Falcons, hence all the attempts. Freeman's stats look spot on for a his ratings, and you had an excellent rush attack, so you had a very balanced attack. Schilens, to me looks to be the player who made the difference, between the 2 teams.

I have a few Q's for u, did u run the ball a lot in the 1st half, and where there many long pass attempts???
Reason why i ask about the run is because that could of opened the game and the pass up for you!!!

I'm really happy u liked the sliders and I hope u continue to have fun with them. Once again thanks for the nice comments.

Last edited by z ROCKnROLLA z; 10-21-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
Thanks rock. That game I played 8 min. qtrs, with fatigue @ 75. I'll pick it back up tomorrow. Oh yea, I would like to see better rushing.
Excellent, speak to u tomorrow, have a good one!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #29
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC fan for life
i played three games using playmakers sliders, same teams everything the same, and guess what three different results, this should not be, ...
HUH????????

I am dumb-founded, baffled, beyond words.

You expect the same results game after game just because you play with the same teams and sliders?

Are you serious?

Do you think it's possible (heavy sarcasm alert), just possible, that the programmers thought it might be nice to have some VARIETY in gameplay? Ya know, that the ratings matter, but there is a certain amount of randomness built into the game.

Did you call the exact plays, one after another, on both offense and defense?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just played my 1st game with these sliders 5-2 i am @ the Pats who are also 5-2.

heres how it went down;

Packers - "WE HIT WELKER and NOONE ELSE"

Score 17-20
Rushing Yards 48-41
Passing YArds 222-313
1st downs 12-13
Turnovers 3(-1) - 2(+1)
t.o.p 30mins!!!-17 mins

Qbs

Rodgers 19-31 243 yards, 0tds 2 picks, 58.9 rating
Brady 32-36, 313 yards, 2tds, 2 picks, 82.3 rating

Rushing

NE-D.Sproles 15-41 yards, 2.7 av 0td
GB Grant 10-30 yards, 3 av 0 td
GB Jackson 8-7 yards!!! 0.8 av 0 td

Receiving- god i hate facing the pats and their cheat way to make 1st downs but hitting welker DESPITE double coverage grrrr

NE Welker 9rec 80 yards 0td
GB Watson (FB) 5-41 yards 0td
GB Grant (hb) 4-48 yards, 0td
GB Finley (TE) 5-98 Yards, 0 td

Jennings & Driver combined 1-9 yards (why are you two NEVER open downfield!!!! LIKE EVER!!!!)

D-Fence

NE 3 sacks me 0- Brady gets it off all the damn time as im in his face

2 picks each

Woodson takes home an 80 yard TD and Barnett picks off when double teaming on Welker with Harris

both CB springs and wilhte get their picks

NE forced 1 fumble.

Overall...

The Pats were annoyingly good, not as annoying as the amount of FGs ive been missing. Since your original sliders ive missed TONS of FG which i am going to change, i cant get yards as it is and with a 99 power kicker anything up to 50 yards should be easy instead when i go FULL power they SLICE right!

Id of won had i not missed 2 fgs

ANYWAYS!

as for the gameplay it was 10-7 me at the end of 1 with both teams on about 5 rushing yards I loved seeing a game of D instead of a shootout like most of the other games.

Their D just READ everything if i was rushing right they would stack the right side, down the middle they would PINCH their D Line and by the time i made audibles or Used a TE as an extra blocker is was too late..."DELAY OF GAME OFFENCE..REPEAT 1ST DOWN!" sooo annoying that is with accelerated clock.

I in fairness killed their rushing game as well which was nice, Brady i blitzed and he made passes if i sent NO heat and went C3 id stop him more times in not despite him literally sitting there for 10 seconds in the pocket, yet when ive got clay matthews under his helmet he'll hit me for a 20 yard gain. go figure!

Passing...i ALWAYS send a guy LONG in a hot route "just hoping" one day he'll be free...check driver and jennings stats...not once open down there, i got picked twice trying to go YARD

I basically used the SAME pass play over and over, why? because i can make it work and the CPU doesn't kill me. A PA with the WR going deep, TE down the seem and my RB in the flats. If they send EVERYONE i hit the RB, if i have time i TRY to hit the WR as my TE couldn't catch a cold let alone a football! But all my yards as you can see in receiving stats are to my HB/RB or TE..hmmmmm

i HAD to use this because their RUsh D was immense couldn't run more than 2-3 yards at all. But when using 4 spread WR the heat got to me too quickly so i had to pass out of IFORM using TEs as blockers although that didn't stop the blitzers getting through.

I will play the next game tomorrow, i believe against....the 6-2 falcons and i'll see what happens. Normally i rush well but the pats killed me and with no time to motion/audible i was often rushing into 2-3 men on my side! As per i need to work on passing but i guess i need a strong pocket to find passers which i dont ever have.

Could be a blood bath v the falcons
Old 10-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #31
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycast27
Just played my 1st game with these sliders 5-2 i am @ the Pats who are also 5-2.

heres how it went down;

Packers - "WE HIT WELKER and NOONE ELSE"

Score 17-20
Rushing Yards 48-41
Passing YArds 222-313
1st downs 12-13
Turnovers 3(-1) - 2(+1)
t.o.p 30mins!!!-17 mins

Qbs

Rodgers 19-31 243 yards, 0tds 2 picks, 58.9 rating
Brady 32-36, 313 yards, 2tds, 2 picks, 82.3 rating

Rushing

NE-D.Sproles 15-41 yards, 2.7 av 0td
GB Grant 10-30 yards, 3 av 0 td
GB Jackson 8-7 yards!!! 0.8 av 0 td

Receiving- god i hate facing the pats and their cheat way to make 1st downs but hitting welker DESPITE double coverage grrrr

NE Welker 9rec 80 yards 0td
GB Watson (FB) 5-41 yards 0td
GB Grant (hb) 4-48 yards, 0td
GB Finley (TE) 5-98 Yards, 0 td

Jennings & Driver combined 1-9 yards (why are you two NEVER open downfield!!!! LIKE EVER!!!!)

D-Fence

NE 3 sacks me 0- Brady gets it off all the damn time as im in his face

2 picks each

Woodson takes home an 80 yard TD and Barnett picks off when double teaming on Welker with Harris

both CB springs and wilhte get their picks

NE forced 1 fumble.

Overall...

The Pats were annoyingly good, not as annoying as the amount of FGs ive been missing. Since your original sliders ive missed TONS of FG which i am going to change, i cant get yards as it is and with a 99 power kicker anything up to 50 yards should be easy instead when i go FULL power they SLICE right!

Id of won had i not missed 2 fgs

ANYWAYS!

as for the gameplay it was 10-7 me at the end of 1 with both teams on about 5 rushing yards I loved seeing a game of D instead of a shootout like most of the other games.

Their D just READ everything if i was rushing right they would stack the right side, down the middle they would PINCH their D Line and by the time i made audibles or Used a TE as an extra blocker is was too late..."DELAY OF GAME OFFENCE..REPEAT 1ST DOWN!" sooo annoying that is with accelerated clock.

I in fairness killed their rushing game as well which was nice, Brady i blitzed and he made passes if i sent NO heat and went C3 id stop him more times in not despite him literally sitting there for 10 seconds in the pocket, yet when ive got clay matthews under his helmet he'll hit me for a 20 yard gain. go figure!

Passing...i ALWAYS send a guy LONG in a hot route "just hoping" one day he'll be free...check driver and jennings stats...not once open down there, i got picked twice trying to go YARD

I basically used the SAME pass play over and over, why? because i can make it work and the CPU doesn't kill me. A PA with the WR going deep, TE down the seem and my RB in the flats. If they send EVERYONE i hit the RB, if i have time i TRY to hit the WR as my TE couldn't catch a cold let alone a football! But all my yards as you can see in receiving stats are to my HB/RB or TE..hmmmmm

i HAD to use this because their RUsh D was immense couldn't run more than 2-3 yards at all. But when using 4 spread WR the heat got to me too quickly so i had to pass out of IFORM using TEs as blockers although that didn't stop the blitzers getting through.

I will play the next game tomorrow, i believe against....the 6-2 falcons and i'll see what happens. Normally i rush well but the pats killed me and with no time to motion/audible i was often rushing into 2-3 men on my side! As per i need to work on passing but i guess i need a strong pocket to find passers which i dont ever have.

Could be a blood bath v the falcons
Wow dude!! GOOOD Post, very nice stats, good passing yards, not so good rushing as both teams didn't have over 18-20 attempts, but on that note and in ur case the pats do have a very good D, and sweet play book so don't worry about that one!!!

I have an idea for u, put ur 3rd string WR at #1 WR position and then put Jennings/Driver at #2 and #3. They wont be up against the Best DB's so they may get open for u!!!
I always put young rookies in those positions and if my main WR is doing crap yards wise through the season I drop him down the list to #3 WR as he always gets good routes, and then his yards start to pick up!!!

So did you enjoy the new sliders????
TA for the stats n post!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

The 6-2 falcons come TO Lambeau and this is how its gone down!

ATL-GB

Score 14-33
Rushing Yards 60-99
Passing Yards 257-311
1st Dwns 13-13
Turnovers 0(+1) - 1 (-1)...was 0-0 but i had the ball with 5 seconds left and wanted a GUNG HO last pass td and got picked with time expired

Player Stats

QBs

Rodgers 117.0 rating!!! I FINALLY GOT OVER 100!!!!!
24-34 for 318 yards 3tds 1 pick
Ryan 100.6 rating 20-32 279 yards 1 td 0 picks

Rushing

ATL-Turner - 15-53 yards, 3.5 av, 1 td
GB-Grant 14-82 yards, 5.8 av 1 td
GB Jackson 10-17 yards, 1.7 av 0-td

Receiving

ATL-Reed 6rec 76 yards, 0td
GB-Jennings (YES JENNINGS!!!) 5-27 YARDS 0TD
GB-Finley 4-90 yards 1 td
GB-J.Jones 4-70 yards 1td
ATL- Douglas 4-123 yards
GB-Driver 3-50 yards

So my ACE receivers went 8-77 yards

D-FENCE

I sacked the QB 3 Times, well the CU did for me

i got sacked once

Only Pick was my last gasp YARD shot down field

Summary

Wow what a game!!! im 17-0 up the half, passing the ball soo well, with lots of PA and then hard runs for 3-4 yards a piece.

Grant opened the scoring with a 30 yarder after a lovely block on the outside by driver

I then had to go out.....paused the game

and returned NOT focus, i gave up a silly 50 odd yard TD when i button bashed and the WR went straight through, then mixed up my blitzing lots with Zonal coverage and forced KEY 3rd down stops.

It was as close as 20-14 at one stage with me having the ball in the 4th but i moved up the field with mainly grant as EVERY play outside ie STRETCH plays JACKSON got killed by a safety or LB. whilst grant seemed to truck on through!

The passing game was brilliant i made 70% of passes mainly because last night i literally "labbed" the pass game for 2 hours and found plays that i can make and the ones that JUST NEVER work i stopped using and it really worked, this really helped my run game as well as i often threw deep.

D-Fence was a challenage as Turner is a beast i had him in spotlight all the time and i think it worked i mainly played C3 "showing blitz" and didn't give up more than 4 or 5 yards to him and then made KEY 3rd down stops.

This game i properly felt that i had to earn and my 1 mistake (the button bash td pass by ryan) i deserved as i was sloppy but the rest was perfect, the game was smooth and at times was very much like a game of chess.

Im particularly happy to have both Driver and Jennings involved in my offense now.

up next the 2-7 vikings come to town to face the 6-3 pack.

great sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »