Home

Cedwebb's "NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders

This is a discussion on Cedwebb's "NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Cedwebb's "NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders

cedwebbb played a few more games, just a sampling of scores and some comments.

car(10) -arz(47)= based on score I would ordinarily be disappointed but as he is in the real NFL Dellohme leads in INT threw 4 picks and a good cards offense took advantage

den(13)-balt(6) defensive struggle fun game

cedwebb tried the presnap O-line adjustment to ruduce sacks,on way play I made an adjustment and just as I was snapping the ball noticed the FS jumping down to blitz as I snapped the ball I was able to get enough time to float a pass down field to lee evans from fitzpatrick for a long 83 yrd TD(the pass covered only 30 yds...but no safty so evans out ran the cb) really enjoyed that play.

One other thing regarding different teams strengths and weakness I usually play as a OLB in 3-4 or DE in 4-3 & always as DE in nickle and dime, I notice depending on O-line strenght how much pressure I can get example I was able to sack Flacco 5 times but only able to get to P.Manning 1 time.

CedWebb just to farther my knowledge what are the presnap reads you are making to adjust your O-line protection?, I have been reading the C and counting how many defenders are at the LOS and slide to the side that has more defenders than blockers.
I have found that simply pressing up on protection works best.
Just would like your thoughts,thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #42
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
cedwebbb played a few more games, just a sampling of scores and some comments.

car(10) -arz(47)= based on score I would ordinarily be disappointed but as he is in the real NFL Dellohme leads in INT threw 4 picks and a good cards offense took advantage

den(13)-balt(6) defensive struggle fun game

cedwebb tried the presnap O-line adjustment to ruduce sacks,on way play I made an adjustment and just as I was snapping the ball noticed the FS jumping down to blitz as I snapped the ball I was able to get enough time to float a pass down field to lee evans from fitzpatrick for a long 83 yrd TD(the pass covered only 30 yds...but no safty so evans out ran the cb) really enjoyed that play.

One other thing regarding different teams strengths and weakness I usually play as a OLB in 3-4 or DE in 4-3 & always as DE in nickle and dime, I notice depending on O-line strenght how much pressure I can get example I was able to sack Flacco 5 times but only able to get to P.Manning 1 time.

CedWebb just to farther my knowledge what are the presnap reads you are making to adjust your O-line protection?, I have been reading the C and counting how many defenders are at the LOS and slide to the side that has more defenders than blockers.
I have found that simply pressing up on protection works best.
Just would like your thoughts,thanks
My pre-snap reads are basically what you talked about, the obvious! I pay attention to the number of guys on the LOS and also keeping an eye on the LBs. One thing that I do is depending on the play I pick and the WR/CB mathcuhps, I may roll my protection towards a favorable matchup so that I can set up towards where I want to go.

As far as the pushing up on the o-line which is the "agressive" line adjustment, I wish I knew. I think that it they are using a spread formation on the def line that may be the one to use but I am not sure what that actually makes your o-line do. I find myself sliding to one way or the other and if I see a blitz coming up the middle I will use the "back" adjustment to pack it in up the middle. Hope that helps!

I have to say reading your game moments it is nice to hear. With these sliders if you are not good with the protections it can be a long day, but if you pick it up and your line picks everyone up you have a chance for a very big play and it is very rewarding.

Last edited by cedwebb; 11-01-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #43
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
That is great that you are liking these as much as I am. Every game has been a different challenge for me. One game I am able to work the slot reciever and feel it may be too easy only to have the next game turn into a completely different game. Different defense, different weekness.

I also know exactly what you are saying with the play calling. This set has been so rewarding if you mix it up and hit the big play. It is far from automatice but it does happen. I was just playing a game and I had one play before half, so I just ran it up the middle. Well, it was disigned to go off the right guard and there happen to be a pretty big cutback right up the middle, I hit that hole with the speed and just as the saftey was coming up he got chipped by one of my guys allowing me to squeeze by. I thought I was gone, but 50 yds later I was chased down by one a defender. I was like holy sh!t who that guy is fast. Well I looked at the rosters and the guy who caught me was a 91 speed, and Tayler is only an 85, the whole play was awsome and it all happened as quick as it would on Sunday.

I have seen deep balls by the cpu in the corners and dbs getting burned by 2 to 3 steps when not calling the right defense. I am really liking these.

Keep me informed on your progress, I am just as curious to hear what you are seeing.
Here is a suggestion, and I am definitely going to do this:
I think the false start penalty needs to be dropped down, 100 is too high. Only problem is I'm not sure where to put it. I think 70 might work.
Why do I suggest this change? There is only one real problem I see with this slider set. If you don't mix up your snap count and throw out some hard counts, it is waaaay too hard to do play action passing. But, with false start at 100, if you do more than 2 hard counts on the road, you will get called for a false start EVERY time. At home, not so much. I personally don't like that because the CPU starts sitting on my snaps too much, especially on play action. Really its play action that is my only problem with these so far, and I think that changing false starts to 70 or 80 maybe even 90 may alleviate this problem. I expect some playactions to be sniffed out, but not 9 out of 10 of them when I have run the ball very well previously. Just my 2 cents.
Anyway, I love the pressure I am getting on the computer, and the pressure I am getting on me. I actually sometimes have to just throw the ball away or take the sack (which I never have to do in Madden) for risk of throwing an INT or fumbling. I am still having good passing games, but they really have to be earned. The running game is doable to, but it depends on who you are playing and if you are mixing up your play calling.
What I also notice is my WRs are having a harder time getting off the line due to getting jammed. This adds the dimension of having to start my WRs in motion.
One more thing. Do you think CPU INTs need lowered, or will this throw the pass coverage off too much?
Great job on these.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #44
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Here is a suggestion, and I am definitely going to do this:
I think the false start penalty needs to be dropped down, 100 is too high. Only problem is I'm not sure where to put it. I think 70 might work.
Why do I suggest this change? There is only one real problem I see with this slider set. If you don't mix up your snap count and throw out some hard counts, it is waaaay too hard to do play action passing. But, with false start at 100, if you do more than 2 hard counts on the road, you will get called for a false start EVERY time. At home, not so much. I personally don't like that because the CPU starts sitting on my snaps too much, especially on play action. Really its play action that is my only problem with these so far, and I think that changing false starts to 70 or 80 maybe even 90 may alleviate this problem. I expect some playactions to be sniffed out, but not 9 out of 10 of them when I have run the ball very well previously. Just my 2 cents.
Anyway, I love the pressure I am getting on the computer, and the pressure I am getting on me. I actually sometimes have to just throw the ball away or take the sack (which I never have to do in Madden) for risk of throwing an INT or fumbling. I am still having good passing games, but they really have to be earned. The running game is doable to, but it depends on who you are playing and if you are mixing up your play calling.
What I also notice is my WRs are having a harder time getting off the line due to getting jammed. This adds the dimension of having to start my WRs in motion.
One more thing. Do you think CPU INTs need lowered, or will this throw the pass coverage off too much?
Great job on these.
I have to admit that I really havn't spent alot of time checking out the falso start penalty although I havn't really paid alot fo attention to it. That is a great observation and I will defenitely start paying more attetion to the false starts and the snap counts. The one thing that comes to mind though is that I have noticed that I am shying away from hard count in fear of having offsides called, but never thought of changing it. I will try your suggestion for sure.

As for the INT slider and the cpu, I have it at 15 and I am thinking I am liking it where it at. I don't know how it would effect the WR/DB interactions but if you lower it you should post some results on that particular slider. I am wanting to leave it beacause of a couple things. I really havn't seen any bogus INTs, and what I mean by that are INTs that should not have been beacause of the cpu doing unreal stuff. I like that fact that if you are not careful, the cpu can make you pay with turnovers and makes you manage the game more.

Thanks for trying these out and giving the feedback and suggestions. Keep us informed!

Last edited by cedwebb; 11-01-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #45
Rookie

cedwebb "One thing that I do is depending on the play I pick and the WR/CB mathcuhps, I may roll my protection towards a favorable matchup so that I can set up towards where I want to go." ....not sure are you rolling pro towards wr/cb match up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #46
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
My pre-snap reads are basically what you talked about, the obvious! I pay attention to the number of guys on the LOS and also keeping an eye on the LBs. One thing that I do is depending on the play I pick and the WR/CB mathcuhps, I may roll my protection towards a favorable matchup so that I can set up towards where I want to go.

As far as the pushing up on the o-line which is the "agressive" line adjustment, I wish I knew. I think that it they are using a spread formation on the def line that may be the one to use but I am not sure what that actually makes your o-line do. I find myself sliding to one way or the other and if I see a blitz coming up the middle I will use the "back" adjustment to pack it in up the middle. Hope that helps!

I have to say reading your game moments it is nice to hear. With these sliders if you are not good with the protections it can be a long day, but if you pick it up and your line picks everyone up you have a chance for a very big play and it is very rewarding.

Yup!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #47
Rookie

cedwebb missed your 10/31 update..... I had a question regarding pass protection Im still having trouble giving my qb time.

You mentioned your slide protection could you break down how you do it, and what do you do for PA to give yourself more protection
Old 11-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #48
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
cedwebb missed your 10/31 update..... I had a question regarding pass protection Im still having trouble giving my qb time.

You mentioned your slide protection could you break down how you do it, and what do you do for PA to give yourself more protection
I am watching the game tonight and they showed how Brees shifted his o-line to roll one way to try and pick up the blitz, he called it, they picked it up, and he stepped up in the pocket and let it go, complete pass!

That is exactly how I am doing it using these sliders. If they are overloading one side I audible my o-line to roll to that side and usually a max protection. That is keeping TEs in and RBs in to block, then I read the play step up in the pocket and fire. There are times where you just aren't going to call the right protection scheme or they are going to send guys that you can't pick up and your going to take a sack, but that is what I am doing. Hope that helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »