Home

Cedwebb's "NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders

This is a discussion on Cedwebb's "NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
"NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders 2.0

NFL PRIMETIME 2.0

***Updated 01/21/2010*****

OK guys, this is the post patch 2 set. I put a good amount of time into these over the last week just to get these out for the Christmas week for you guys that have been asking. I am really pretty happy with these and hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.

If you liked the first ones you will like these as they play just about the same but I think the game is more smooth now. Let me know what your getting in your franchise games, always like hearing how these are working for others.

This set is based off what I learned from bill2451's thread about how sliders work. There was alot of work done in that thread by alot of different people so this is my thanks!

I wanted a set to reflect more rating than anything. Based on the thread mentioned above it has been found that some sliders that are "triggers" for animations, and once that was figured out it was time to start testing. All testing was done in franchise mode, thats where I play!

Player Skill/Cpu Skill

Passing:
QB Accuracy- 18/25
Pass Blocking- 7/48
WR Catching- 50/67

Rushing:
Broken Tackles- 1/4
Run Blocking- 5/10
Fumbles- 26/26

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time- 50/60
Interceptions- 5/10
Pass Rushing- 75/65

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time- 30/47
Block Shedding- 1/3
Tackling- 0/0

Game Options
Game Speed- Fast
Player min. Threshold- 35
Injuries- 100
Fatigue- 60
Camera- Normal
Qtr Length- 11 min/ 15 sec runoff

Sub In/Out
Offense:

QB- 0/1
RB- 83/84
WR- 82/83
FB/TE- 15/20
OL- 0/1

Defense

DT- 60/80
DE- 60/80
LB- 30/40
CB- 30/40
S- 15/20

Penalties
All are maxed at 100 except for the following.
Holding- 52
Facemask- 62
Clipping- 75
Roughing the Passer- 75

Special Teams
FG Power 55
FG Accuracy 80
Punt Power 58
Punt Accuracy 100
Kickoff Power 35

* My house rules
1. I let Madden pick the six and then I take one from them on both offense and defense.

2. I let the cpu handle the returns on every return oppertunity. It seems its a little easy to ruturn for TDs so letting the cpu handle punt and kickoff returns I have gotten some great results. In all my testing I havn't seen on return for a TD but have seen some great kickoff returns almost go all the way and a couple punt returns go all the way.

3. When kicking FGs, Kick-offs, or punting I do not angle the kicks left or right with the left stick. I only control the kick with the right stick as the kick is happening. The kicking game is a challenge now!

I have had great games seeing all kinds of things happen with theses.

Hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do. If you wanna give some feedback it woudl be much appreciated to see what kind of results you are getting. The feedback is a good way for me to decide if there needs to be a change made. Thanks!

Last edited by cedwebb; 02-09-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Cedwebb's "NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders

I have to say coming in i did not think these would suit me what with some of the extreme sliders for rush and pass d.
However they played a nice game i lost 27-17 to the Jags playing as the Eagles.
I made a few mistakes and threw 4 ints to their none.
The only slider i had to change was the comp run block as they were getting less that 2yds per carry. I changed this to 25 at the half and Jones drew ended up with an avg of 4.7 so that looks good to me. Running is tough for me but again i think i can improve that without doing anything with the sliders.
But the icing on the cake for me was this is the very first slider set and i have tried a lot! that actually let me throw the deep ball on a streak down the sideline to my receiver with success. I managed to rip a 60yder to Curtis who actually had 3 steps on the Cb and the safety could not get over in time. He caught it in stride and ran in for the TD. Like i said i have Never seen this happen with any other set normally the wr is tracked to within an inch of his life. V NICE
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
I have to say coming in i did not think these would suit me what with some of the extreme sliders for rush and pass d.
However they played a nice game i lost 27-17 to the Jags playing as the Eagles.
I made a few mistakes and threw 4 ints to their none.
The only slider i had to change was the comp run block as they were getting less that 2yds per carry. I changed this to 25 at the half and Jones drew ended up with an avg of 4.7 so that looks good to me. Running is tough for me but again i think i can improve that without doing anything with the sliders.
But the icing on the cake for me was this is the very first slider set and i have tried a lot! that actually let me throw the deep ball on a streak down the sideline to my receiver with success. I managed to rip a 60yder to Curtis who actually had 3 steps on the Cb and the safety could not get over in time. He caught it in stride and ran in for the TD. Like i said i have Never seen this happen with any other set normally the wr is tracked to within an inch of his life. V NICE
Thanks for the feedback Jr. I am glad someone tried these out lol. I think they play a more wide open type of game and yes I have also seen the speedy guys get a couple steps on dbs and never look back as long as the pass is there.

As far as the running goes I have seen games where they had to work for it just as much as I did, and some games where they are taking 4-5 yds per carry. Def raise the cpu run block as that is the slider that will allow the cpu blocks to engage easier if that better fits what your looking for. Thanks again for giving these a try and giving your feedback.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

cedwebb thanks for posting I am gonna try these sliders, I have a set Im happy with but guess Im always looking for something new

Thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

for anyone testing that bumps up the cpu run blocking a little bit (say the 10-25 range), try putting the human run reaction slider to the same value and see how that plays... idk if it's my imagination, but I feel like the cpu blockers have better timing and go hit the right defenders more often when the human run reaction slider is at the same value as the cpu run block... almost like that helps them "sync up"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
for anyone testing that bumps up the cpu run blocking a little bit (say the 10-25 range), try putting the human run reaction slider to the same value and see how that plays... idk if it's my imagination, but I feel like the cpu blockers have better timing and go hit the right defenders more often when the human run reaction slider is at the same value as the cpu run block... almost like that helps them "sync up"
Another intersting theory bill. I am real happy at this point with the cpu run block sitting anywhere from 1-5. I was hoping to see the more elite run blockers acutally get onto blocks more than the lower leveled guys.

It might just be a mind set but I actually don't mind seeing offensive lineman not picking up the right guys at certain times as I believe it is a direct reflection of thier awareness and ability to run the play correctly.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

2nd game v falcons.
So i tried bumping up run block for human and comp to 25. It seems fine for the comp, Turner hit me for about 100yds on 17 plays so that was good, however i ran with Westbrook for over 200 so definitely not the way to go lol. I am going to drop it back to 15 for the next game and see how i go.
I ended up losing 38-30 but all stats looked nice comp % around the 60 mark for both qb's, a couple of sacks each and only 1 int thrown by me.
Like i said everything stacked up nicely apart from the rushing for me.
Again i was able to hit a deep ball to Curtis for a 70yd TD with seperation so nice to see this pleases me no end
This slider set is definitely tailored to my ability as i am running around 550IQ but anyone running at 600-650 or more will find them to easy as there are definitely big plays to be had, just my stick skills aren't what they once were.
Perfect for me though...Good job
Old 10-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
2nd game v falcons.
So i tried bumping up run block for human and comp to 25. It seems fine for the comp, Turner hit me for about 100yds on 17 plays so that was good, however i ran with Westbrook for over 200 so definitely not the way to go lol. I am going to drop it back to 15 for the next game and see how i go.
I ended up losing 38-30 but all stats looked nice comp % around the 60 mark for both qb's, a couple of sacks each and only 1 int thrown by me.
Like i said everything stacked up nicely apart from the rushing for me.
Again i was able to hit a deep ball to Curtis for a 70yd TD with seperation so nice to see this pleases me no end
This slider set is definitely tailored to my ability as i am running around 550IQ but anyone running at 600-650 or more will find them to easy as there are definitely big plays to be had, just my stick skills aren't what they once were.
Perfect for me though...Good job
Glad you are having a good time with these. As far as the human running goes with it set the way I had it set you will really have to work at it to get the big days. Like you did, if you are raising that up over 10 you are gonna see a pretty big difference in running as the cpu takcle, break block, and run reaction are low, giving you the avantage. Just depends on what you are looking for. I played a game against the Vikings last night using the Lions and Peterson had 150 on me in the 4th qtr so I know the cpu can run with these. I had to really work just to put up 60 yds against them which is right where I want to see it at. Thanks again for the feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »