Home

RavenWire's Sliders

This is a discussion on RavenWire's Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
RavenWire's Sliders

Hi Everyone,

Been fiddling around with the sliders for a week or so, and I think I've finally come up with some decent sliders. They may not work for everyone but feel free to give them a try:

Human/CPU

Passing

QB Accuracy 10/20
Pass Block 50/35
WR Catching 35/30

Rushing

Broken Tackles 0/15
Run Blocking 40/70
Fumbles 45/45

Pass Defense

Reaction Time 25/60
Interceptions 0/1
Pass Rushing 55/3

Rush Defense

Reaction Time 0/45
Block Shedding 0/10
Tackling 25/35

Speed Threshold 25 (this may change to 35)

Game Speed: Slow

I've not quite sorted the penalties out yet, but I'm going to look at that next

I've tested a couple of games like this, first against the Colts, and the the Bucs, to get an idea of how different quality teams (and in particular QB's) play

Ravens v Colts

Score 25-21
Went 14-0 down due to 2 turnovers early on, 1 pick and one fumble in my own 20. Came back to lead 18-14 before Manning put them in the end zone with :52 left. Had a great return to around the halfway then ran a screen pass in with :25 left. Manning tore me to pieces in this game, had to blitz and use MAJOR zone coverage to keep him in check. Very close game, any mistakes I made got punished, never felt like I got cheated

Stats:

Flacco 14/23 240yds 3 TD 1 Int
Manning 20/29 238yds 3 TD

Rice 7 att 44 yds
McGahee 4 att 19 yds
Addai 8 att 14 yds
Brown 6 att 19 yds

Ravens v Bucs

Started badly, fumbled the opening kickoff, knocked them back out of FG range with a sack on 3rd, forced them to punt. Dove up the field, but got picked off in the end zone after midreading the coverage. Scored with 2 Flacco runs and a Heap reception. Mason had a monster game with 7 receptions for 110 yards. Tampa couldn't move the ball at all, tried to beat me up the middle but they kept getting stuffed, passing game was average at best, got a few completions late in each half to pad the stats, couple of big plays in there. They played like a poor team should do. Nevre felt like I was going to run up a huge score though

Stats:

Flacco 15/27 211yds 1 TD
Leftwich 12/20 159yds 1 Int

Rice 10 att 63 yards
Williams 9 att 11 yards

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: RavenWire's Sliders

Hi just wondering if anyone has had a chance to try mine out, interested to see what results people get
Old 10-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

i will see maybe in two days because i am going to try out EVERY SLIDER OUT THERE AND TRY TO FIND THE RIGHT ONE K
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Done more testing, tried going the Bucs (Leftwich at QB) and you can really tell the difference between good and bad teams. Played against the Colts, and although they only scored 10 points (first half) I really struggled to stop them, and threw several passes off target. The run game was average at best too, couldn't get anything going at all, averaging 3.3 per carry.

Would really appreciate some feedback on this one

Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »