Home

NFL Simulation Sliders for Patch 1 & 2 (tuned for Slow & Very Slow gameplay)

This is a discussion on NFL Simulation Sliders for Patch 1 & 2 (tuned for Slow & Very Slow gameplay) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NFL Simulation Sliders 1.0 from Valdarez (tuned for Slow Gameplay)

Just played the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Title game. Drew Brees came in with 51 TDs on the year. No clue what their rushing game was, but their injuries were crazy. Check this out:

FS D. Sharper Torn Bicep out 4 Weeks
HB P. Thomas Broken Collarbone out 10 Weeks
MLB M. Cimoneau Torn Tricep Out for Season
WR M. Colston Torn Tricep Out for Season
LT J. Brown Fractured Hip Out for Season
LT J. Brushrod Broken Ankle Out for Season
ROLB S. Shanle Torn Pectoral Muscle Out for Season

Made my Cowboys injury list look down right puny:

WR R. Williams Dislocated Hip out 4 Weeks
SS P. Watkings Torn Groin Muscle Out for Season

In any event, hopefully the high TDs by Brees and hurt HB help explain the low yardage. Felt like they passed all game to me.

LAST GAME STATISTICS

Playoff Game: Dallas Cowboys vs. New Orleans Saints

GAME STATS
Score: 26 / 16 (end of 4th)
Total Offense: 366 / 258
Rushing: 107 / 6
Passing: 259 / 252
Turnovers: 2 / 3
3rd Down Conversions: 6-14(42%) / 2-9(22%)
Possession Time: 46:24 / 13:36

QUARTERBACK
Drew Brees - 16/34(47%) for 233 yards 1 TD, 3 INTs, and 0 Sacks
M. Brunell - 2/4(50%) for 19 yards 0 TD, 0 INT, and 0 Sacks
Tony Romo - 24/29(82%) for 284 yards 0 TD, 1 INT, and 4 Sacks

RUSHING
M. Barber - 32 attempts for 107 yards and 2 TD (3.3 average, longest 27 yds) and 1 Fumble
T. Choice - 2 attempts for 4 yards and 0 TD (2.0 average, longest 2 yds)
F. Jones - 2 attempts for 0 yards and 0 TDs (0 average, longest 0 yrds)
T. Romo - 2 attempts for -4 yards and 0 TDs (-2.0 average)

R. Bush - 8 attempts for 8 yards and 1 TD (1.0 average, longest 4 yds)
P. Thomas - 3 attempts for -2 yards and 0 TDs (-0.6 average, longest 2 yds)

RECEIVING
Saints threw to 9 receivers
TE J. Shockey had 5 receptions for 78 yards (15.6 avg) and 1 TD
HB R. Bush had 4 receptions for 27 yards (6.7 avg) and 0 TDs
WR D. Henderson had 3 receptions for 28 yards (19.3 avg) and 0 TDs

Cowboys threw to 7 receivers
TE J. Witten had 11 receptions for 120 yards (10.9 avg) and 0 TDs
WR K. Ogletree had 5 receptions for 54 yards (10.8 avg) and 0 TDs
WR P. Crayton had 2 receptions for 22 yards (11.0 avg) and 0 TDs

DEFENSE
Saints Highest solo Tackles was 4 (ROLB D. Ware)
Cowboys Highest solo Tackles was 8 (MLB K. Brooking)

Saints S. Ellis had 2 Sacks, while J. Dunbar and J. Charleston had 1 Sack
Cowboys had 0 Sacks
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #18
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm gonna give these a shot. I'm def not a cheeser... but maybe I am exploiting things I don't notice because I find this game to be way too easy. I'm gonna try to keep to your rules and see how they go.

Other sliders I can take a created overall 65 team and beat the Colts with ease... I don't cheese... I get realistic stats... but I still dominate for some reason.

I don't run any off tackle runs... but I do use sweeps on occasion. I find the off tackle runs to be an easy 10 yards every time... so I don't use them lol.

I also seem to shut down offenses way too easy... I call a lot of blitzes and always play as the free safety (to start the play) then switch as the play goes... and I usually shut down the running game no problem and do enough against the pass to hold up. (This is all playing on other peoples sliders on this site)

But anyway, I'm watching my Phillies right now but when this game is over I'll give your sliders a shot. Hopefully I can help out. I enjoy this game even with the few things that are broken on it. Maybe this can make it playable for me again.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Updated the sliders a little to address players, primarily to address issues with high number of INTs reported by other gamers. Here are the changes that were made.

* Increased Several Penalties
* Increased Human Fumble (very little)
* Increased CPU Passing Accuracy
* Lowered CPU Catching (very little)
* Increased CPU Awareness (increases complexity of passing game)
* Increased CPU Pass Rushing (very little)
* Increased CPU Block Shedding (very little) to make running more difficult

In addition, I added the 'Madden Challenge'

The Madden Challenge

For a game that is based off his name, Madden sure does a good job of making John Madden look like one of the worst play callers ever to play the game. If you want a real challenge, then use 'Ask Madden' on every play, every down, no matter what the situation. John is sure to give you some pretty poor play choices in some very key situations. If you want to make it even harder, then don't make any adjustments on offense or defense. No press / off coverage, DLine / LB adjustments, hot routes, motioning to catch defense off balance, or keeping the HB to the flats back for an extra blocker in long yardage situations.

'Ask Madden' is the real 'All Madden' difficulty settings. Try it out. You'll have an extremely realistic / challenging game, though it won't be the most strategic for the strategy enthusiasts.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #20
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

Probably the most realistic feeling game I have had on Madden... a few concerns... but overall great... first the stats, then a few comments

I don't pick the same team every time... I like to mix it up.

I used the Ask Madden strategy... but eliminated all the cheese plays he called... I would just pick another play if that happened.

Atlanta (CPU) @ Cincinnati (ME)

1st Quarter: First quarter was fairly balanced. I threw a pick on my first play from scrimmage. Bad throw on my part, forced it on a slant route. Atlanta struck first on a 20 yard Michael Turner run. I over pursued and left my gap... he took it to the house. I responded with a good 12 play drive, ending on a touchdown throw to Chad Ochocinco (11 yard slant route) pinched it between two defenders. I also had a big fumble recovery returned for 66 yards and a touchdown that was called back.
7-7 end of quarter

2nd Quarter: I hit a field goal. They respond with a touchdown. It was my mistake. Had a linebacker matched up on Gonzalez but forgot to have safety help over the top. He got behind him for a 43 yard touchdown. I came back with a solid drive that ended with a Cedric Benson touchdown run up the middle, only about 10 seconds left in the half.
17-14 end of half.

3rd Quarter: It got scary lol. Early in the 3rd quarter Palmer went down hurt. I called a screen play... took a hit while throwing. On the play the Falcons picked it off... and it was bogus. Some lineman looking the opposite direction jumped up and made a blind catch? But that's Madden lol. Palmer was quickly diagnosed and unable to return. They took the interception and capitalized. Scored on an 11 yard pass to Turner on third and goal.
21-17 end of quarter.

4th Quarter: Without Palmer I wasn't as comfortable throwing the ball but still took some chances. My defense played big. I ran the ball pretty heavy, and picked up a field goal to close the gap to 1 with about 10 minutes remaining. Defense stepped up... allowed no points... I drove down the field and ran some playaction, hitting Coles on a flag route for 24 yards, touchdown! Went for 2 and was broken up. Defense went beast, held Atlanta around midfield. Got the ball back and ran the clock down to 30 seconds, Falcons couldn't do anything back.
26-21 end of game

Final Score: 26-21, Cincinnati

Brief Stats:
Palmer: 16-24, 182 yards, 1 td, 2 int
OSullivan: 5-9, 69 yards, 1 td
Ryan: 13-26, 157 yards, 2 td

Benson: 34 rush, 149 yards, 4.3 avg, td
Turner: 21 rush, 84 yards, 4.0 avg, td

Ochocinco: 6 rec, 66 yards, td
Coats: 5 rec, 66 yards
Coles: 2 rec, 35 yards, td
Jenkins: 5 rec, 32 yards
Gonzalez: 2 rec, 76 yards

Defense:
Cin: 0 sacks, 0 ints, 0 ff, 0 fr
Atl: 2 sacks, 2 ints, 0 ff, 0 fr

The Goods:
Most realistic game I've played on Madden by far. I was trailing until 5 minutes remaining in the game... I really had to fight for the win. Realistic stats. Game ended close like it should with these two teams.

The Bads:
Only thing that worried me was that my defense had no sacks, no ints, nothing.

Overall, I'll stick with these... run a couple more games and see how it goes.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
The Goods:
Most realistic game I've played on Madden by far. I was trailing until 5 minutes remaining in the game... I really had to fight for the win. Realistic stats. Game ended close like it should with these two teams.

The Bads:
Only thing that worried me was that my defense had no sacks, no ints, nothing.

Overall, I'll stick with these... run a couple more games and see how it goes.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

It's hard to get sacks to be realistic due to the QBs ability to throw the ball away while in the clutch of a defender. You should see a lot more lame duck passes though that are, for the most part, uncatchable by the offense. Patch #2 is supposed to address the QB's basically getting a free throw away when in the clutch of a defender, so the number of sacks should go up after the patch. It's set right now where the QBs basically get between 2 to 4 seconds in the pocket on average (with no blitzing). I can up that so the chance of sacks go up, but then I'm not sure if it will be as realistic, and I'm hesitant to try to address what is in effect a game bug with sliders. I only average 0 to 4 sacks per game. Usually Ware gets at least 1 sack every other game, sometimes two, which for the Cowboys is fairly realistic.

In my last game, I had 1 pick against Tom Brady. Prior to making the passing more difficult the most INTs I had in a game was three, which is still a little high, but ok if it's not every single game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

valdarez i started using the ask madden for all plays. lost my first game in a reaaalllyy long time and it was really nice to see. the score was 28-24 i had the lead late but asomugha missed a tackle and the cpu scored with 40 seconds left to win. my next game i won 24-21. thanks for the sliders these are really by far the best ive played with. i play with the raiders and jamarcus russel has 7 TDs 4 INTs through 6 games with a completion % of 63 and averaging 180 yards a game. i might reduce human QBA in my situation bc i think jamarcus russel is worse than these stats are giving him credit for. looking forward to using your new tweaked sliders
Old 11-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
i might reduce human QBA in my situation bc i think jamarcus russel is worse than these stats are giving him credit for. looking forward to using your new tweaked sliders
Let me know what you try out on the QBA, and the results and I'll give 'em a try to see how they work out with T. Romo.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

I'm going to play another game later tonight. Any request on the teams. Want me to be a really bad team against a really good team? See how that works out...

Maybe reverse that. Be a top team vs a crap team... see if I beat on them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »