Home

**SteelerSpartan's Custom Madden 10 Sliders**

This is a discussion on **SteelerSpartan's Custom Madden 10 Sliders** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
**SteelerSpartan's Custom Madden 10 Sliders**

I made the bulk of changes last Sunday and have been tinkering slightly since then,Messing around with other peoples ideas

The 1st thing I wanted to get right was a good 4-man rush. So I spent a lot a time in Practice mode just timing how many secs the the qbs would have. I used Steelers and Giants to do the bulk of it and the pash rush is probably what I feel most comfortable about with these. Like NCAA I discovered the CPU has more of a natural advantage with the Pass Rush. I think these accurately display the strengths of a teams O-Line/D-Line. I really like the feel of it.....it leaves you with that "Almost Had em" feeling

Qb Acc and Reaction time was a little harder....I knew for one I didn't want too much of the "Physic" type DB play. So you won't see me going very high with RT. I can't stand that "eyes in the back of the head" crap....likewise I can't stand DBs/lbs sitting there with their thumbs up their butts

The most complex thing to me was the User Rushing. If theres still one area where these are ??, its these. On default it was way to easy to shred the CPU......

***Notice***
Through My many hours of testing Rushing sliders, I've just come to the conclusion that Pro-Tak is broken out of the box, and I just hope that its patched. HBs breaking out of 4 man gang tackles should happen rarely in a season not every other game

So I did the best I could with the BTKL and TKL sliders to tone that down

The run blocking is where its just kind of unpredictable right now. It was a really mixed bag at default. It still might be frustrating at times but at least it'll look a little more realistic with these. We really just need a patch or something for this.

Im starting to get to the point where I just don't want to worry about it and wait for a patch before I devote any more time

Im not the best at posting stats but I'll try

UPDATE: 10/30/09

Heres what I got:

Qrt Length: 12 Mins, 15 Sec Acc Clock
Injuries/Fatigue: 40/60 (Use what works for you)
Game Speed: Slow
Threshold: 75
Fight For Fumble: Off(But it doesn't matter)

Penalties:

Offsides: 90
False Start:90
Holding: 52
Facemask:52
Clipping: 65

Everything else 95-100(Some think you get more called on 95)

User/Cpu

Passing
25/7
0/0
40/57

Rushing
1/50
0/100
15/50

( I wanted less fumbles so people could really go to town on those break out moves with Right Stick,Spin,Stiff Arm....so it would feel like you were "Fighting for every Yard"...you'll still see the fumbles, Mendenhall especially for me puts it on the ground)

Pass Defense
0/0
5/5
70/35

Rush Defense
26/100
20/100
37/11

ST

Im just throwing these out there, may we all be blessed with an amazing patche Happy Pigskin to you all

I made some tweaks for Normal Speed setting,(Again thanks to all theories in the Breaking down Sliders Thread)

UPDATE: 11/3/09

Heres what I got:

Qrt Length: 12 Mins, 15 Sec Acc Clock
Injuries/Fatigue: 40/60 (Use what works for you)
Game Speed: normal
Threshold: 40
Fight For Fumble: Off(But it doesn't matter)

Penalties:

Offsides: 90
False Start:90
Holding: 52
Facemask:52
Clipping: 65

Everything else 95-100(Some think you get more called on 95)

User/Cpu

Passing
25/5
1/0
40/60

Rushing
1/50
0/100
15/50

( I wanted less fumbles so people could really go to town on those break out moves with Right Stick,Spin,Stiff Arm....so it would feel like you were "Fighting for every Yard"...you'll still see the fumbles, Mendenhall especially for me puts it on the ground)

Pass Defense
0/0
5/5
70/70

Rush Defense
25/100
23/100
35/11

ST

******Notes*********

With these I wanted a little more over/under throws. Now if you can create a messy pocket the Qbs should miss fire every now and again

Still kinda testing that 40 thresh, might make the running game too easy,but nothing too crazy yet

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 11-04-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: **SteelerSpartan's Custom Madden 10 Sliders**

These look pretty good. I will test them out when I get a chance.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Ok heres some stats

Pit(Me) 17 at Chi 7 Heavy Snow

Passing:
Pit- B-Roeth 11-22 112 yards 1TD
Chi- Cutler 9-29 71 yards

Rushing:
Pit- Parker- 19 att for 39 yards 2.0 avg Long 21
Mendenhall- 8 att for 10 yards 1.2 avg Long 10

Chi- Forte- 13 att for 76 yards 5.8 avg 1 TD Long 28

Team Stats
Pit Chi
1st Downs 7 5
Total O 138 106
3rd Conv 5-17 1-15
TOP 31.07 16.53

Game Notes:
Definitely felt like I was playing in heavy snow.....but thankfully my D pounded Cutler more then their D did Ben. Got a little nervous at the start of the 4th when Forte went 28 for a TD and made it 13-7... But I finished strong with good punts that lead to 2 safeties(On one Cutler went out of the back of the endzone a la the Lions)

We both gave up a bunch of sacks (5 on me) but like I said I hit Cutler harder

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-21-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Pit(Me) 20 vs Cin 6

Passing:
Pit- B-Roeth 11-25 for 176 yards 68.1 Rating
Cin- Palmer 20-40 for 207 yards 65.3 Rating

Rushing:
Pit- Parker- 15 att for 43 yards 2.8 avg Long 16, 1 Fumble
Mendenhall- 8 att for 45 yards 5.6 avg 1 TD Long 38

Cin- Benson- 20 att for 84 yards 4.2 avg Long 30
Leonard- 4 att for 5 yards 1.2 avg Long 6

Team Stats
Pit/Cin
1st Downs 11 15
Total O 270 281
3rd Conv 3-13 3-16
TOP 19:22 28:38

Game Notes:

Damm I had the most drops of any game Ive played thus far with these. The Bengals were stuffing my O pretty good until the last 1:15 of the 2nd qrt. Thankfully my D kept me in it and didn't let them in the endzone. I got a last minute TD to make 7-6 at the half

My guys woke up a bit in the 2nd half and started moving the ball. Didn't score much but I was changing the Field Position battle. I finally broke the stale mate with a big 38 yard TD run from Mendenhall after FWP went out with an injury. I was a little annoyed I allowed Benson to run on me like that but I'll cut my D some slack given how crappy my O was playing most of the game

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-21-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

A suggestion...I've found to break that whole HB's breaking out of the pro-tak animations, that lowering both human and CPU break block to 5 and lowering human and CPU tackling to 7 will greatly decrease the likelyhood of that animation taking place.

As the one guy in the other thread said, most of these sliders don't really affect gameplay they effect the frequency that an animation will occur (such as breaking a block)...I had this as low as 20 for the CPU and L.T., Brandon Jacobs, and other players with high break tackle rating were breaking 3 to 4 gang tackles and going the distance per game. Also upping the speed threshold will help, allowing CPU and Human players the ability to recover should that animation happen.

Last game I played with break tackle low, I still got shredded by Chris Johnson for 168 yards on 32 carries, but he only had one rush of 30 yards (which I screwed up on) and his other longest rush was 14...everything else was 1-5 yards. Just a suggestion!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

UPDATE: Changes in Bold

Spent a couple more days testing and looking at the different theories being posted. My 1st set was getting too easy.....and so far Im happy to say my 1st two official games with my new set, Im 1-1. Lost to the Ravens 13-9 and beat the Giants 20-17(Jacobs was scary even with my stout Steelers Run D)

Anyways don't be afraid of the 55 acc....with the revelation about Wr Catching effecting accuracy in the "Breaking down Sliders" thread, the CPU passing feels much more challenging then before but not overbearing.....still you should watch out for those teams with 4 wide sets like the Saints,Cards and Pats...I hate their spread offenses....very annoying for me because they take away my Ds strength

Good press teams should fair much better

The User rush game is still box of ???????s Some games in my testing I would be completely shut down and others I would shred em with ease. So far its been somewhat consistent with my new set but this aspect of the game you never really can tell. I still think we'll need a good patch to really fine tune that sucker

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-23-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Pit(Me) 24 at Oak 7

Passing:
Pit- B-Roeth 14-27 for 163 yards 1 TD 82.8 Rating
Oak- Russell- 13-33 for 134 yards 1 TD 2 Ints 36.7 Rating

Rushing:
Pit- Parker- 25 att for 142 yards 2 TDs 5.6 avg Long 21
Mendenhall- 13 att for 48 yards 3.6 avg Long 9

Oak- McFadden- 14 att for 70 yards 5.0 avg Long 24
Neal- 1 for 4 yards
Fargas- 1 for 5 yards

Team Stats
Pit/ Oak
1st Downs 18 9
Total O 339 204
3rd Conv 7-15 4-14
TOP 33:40 14:20

Game Notes:

Stuck to the running game in this one. Parker tore them a new one in the 1st half, rushing for 112. Score was still only 14-7 at the hallf after Heyward Bey had a nice catch and run TD. I sacked Russell 4 times, they got me 3.Raiders played a little better in the 3rd, but it seemed like the 2 missed field goals took the wind out of em....I subbed in Mendenhall to pound out 1st downs and work the clock to finish em off

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-23-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Update:

10/30/09

Thanks to all in the Breaking down Sliders thread

A lot of the same principals apply that I stated in my 1st post. The challenge in the passing game comes from dealing with pressure...not absurd RT for Dbs

CPU qbs are still good with 7 acc, that 57 ct does more then you would think...I am interested to see if they hold up against expert bump and run type players(I run a lot of zone/blitz with Pit)

Tweaked the running game....sorry folks, no gliding running backs through the holes here. Stout run Ds should play well. I always slide my line to the opposite direction Im running. I can still rack up some 100 yrd games, but I have to set it up with pass 1st..........Turner/Jacobs/AP are still beasts

Oh and I use Cedwebb sub settings( Thanks)

Sub In/Out
Offense:

QB- 0/1
RB- 45/60
WR- 45/60
FB/TE- 15/20
OL- 0/1

Defense

DT- 60/80
DE- 60/80
LB- 30/40
CB- 30/40
S- 15/20

My CFB Teams:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »