Home

Yo guys, help me out here?

This is a discussion on Yo guys, help me out here? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Yo guys, help me out here?

I'm playing an Offline Franchise, and I really want NFL realism. Like realism. I don't want Byron Leftwich throwing insanely accurate passes, beating the pass rush, playing like Peyton Manning. I ALSO don't want the CPU knowing exactly when I'm going to pass, exactly when I'm going to run, and I certainly don't want Linebackers jumping 10 feet in the air, don't want defenders popping up out of nowhere to pick off my pass.

I want extreme realism because I want to have fun with my Offline chises.

What sliders do you recommend? There are SO many of them and I just can't decide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Yo guys, help me out here?

Sounds like you want the NFL Simulation Sliders that work on Slow and Very Slow speed. It's great if you are looking to replicate a real NFL game, complete with valid passing, rushing, sacks, tackles, and turnover ratios.

Combine it with the 'Make Madden More Challenging' and you'll be good to go.

Enjoy!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Banned

Thanks for your hard work on those sliders. I read your thread. They look great, I want to use them. I love the feel APF 2K8 has as well.. I actually still have that game. haha.

But anyways, is Very Slow or Slow more accurate to the real NFL? I want to have extremely realistic NFL games.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikaben
I want to have extremely realistic NFL games.
Keep in mind your playing Madden. Its a video game. Extremely realistic isnt going to happen. Settle on realistic enough as im sure val's silders do the trick.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
Banned

Right, but slow or very slow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I play them on slow using Ask-Madden for offense and defense and have had some really good games.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Right, but slow or very slow?
I think Very Slow players still move faster than APF2K8 by a little. One thing you'll notice is that the animations render better in Very Slow mode. There not as jittery. Not as fluid as APF2K8, but far better than in any other mode in Madden. From a statistics / gameplay perspective, I honestly can't tell all that much difference between the two modes.

When I played on Slow, and went to Very Slow. I noticed it a lot at the start, but two games in, I couldn't tell it was very slow anymore. So if you try it out, and it 'feels' slow, stick it out for about 3 games and I bet you won't notice it at all by the 4th.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
But anyways, is Very Slow or Slow more accurate to the real NFL? I want to have extremely realistic NFL games.
Well, supposedly, Fast is the speed that has the "speed of the game" accurate in that players run at their realistic 40 times (faster guys will run 4.2 or under while slow guys will be more than a second slower). So players will move about at their real speeds and then the flow of the game is supposedly the most NFL like.

In terms of gameplay and "how it looks on tv", though I think slow is closest to that, though Very slow is really nice with the animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »