Home

Is the description of "Player Skill custom sliders backwards?

This is a discussion on Is the description of "Player Skill custom sliders backwards? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Is the description of "Player Skill custom sliders backwards?

On Run Defense, the description states "move the slider to the left to make it easier to stop your opponent's rushes" but if you move all (reaction time, block shedding and tackling) to the left to make them 0, the overall level is 20, which is the highest and also "All Madden" level. Wouldn't that mean it would be harder to stop the opponent's rushes? Is this backwards or am I old and confused?

I just got around to playing again (December already???) and I'm using Playmaker's sliders (which are excellent) and he has "tackling" on 10 in slow mode, however I believe I need to move that up to 30-40 cause I've noticed my CPU defenders tackle horribly ( my tackling could be better too). I am happy to notice the CPU runs alot better in this years game as I've played like 5 full games and the CPU is averaging 5-6 yds a carry as opposed to 2 yds a carry in previous years games. However, by description, if I move the slider higher, wouldn't that make it harder to tackle?

Last edited by imalanh1; 12-01-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is the description of "Player Skill custom sliders backwards?

that description is talking about the overall slider... you have gone past that into the sub sliders, where they work the opposite way

why they feel the need to make it confusing like that, idk
Old 12-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

I finally noticed that only today. So how do these sliders help us????

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
that description is talking about the overall slider... you have gone past that into the sub sliders, where they work the opposite way

why they feel the need to make it confusing like that, idk
Ok then, so you move the sub sliders "to the right" to makes things easier, that's what I was figuring made more sense. In the overall sliders, move to the left to make it easier, makes much more sense. That description was throwing me off. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Kinda glad I waited to purchase this game so late, looking forward to the second patch to start a franchise, just need to practice a little more and this game will be spot on to play and enjoy. Playmaker's sliders are really, really good people and Jackman's (?) auto sub sliders are also really good for realistic subbing of RB's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »