Home

Coaching schemes needed POST Patch #2

This is a discussion on Coaching schemes needed POST Patch #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #33
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Coaching schemes needed POST Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
No it does, it seemed to have limited rushing yards and ypc moreso than if we went 50/50 ratio and left the defensive ratio at default.

What appears to do nothing are the aggressiveness sliders and the position specific sliders (which I think are for drafts, and FA).
oh ok nice i hear you. check out what dfos found in his thread (and latest post). some good ideas as well.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html
Old 12-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

ok, so I have been watching this thread very closely and with your guys input I think I have found the best we are going to get on the ps3 stat wise. Here is what I am running with: offense: 50/60/50 for all teams On Defense: 0 run vs. pass and 50 for agression

Here are some season stats, but they are a little low... sacks are high

passing yards 4,386 (peyton manning)
rushing yards 1,677 (adrian peterson/ 24 with over 1,000 yards)
catching 106 (l. fitzgerald/ only 3 over 100 receptions)
sacks 24 (J. Abraham/ 4 over 20) sacks are way too high, but I cannot seem to get them down without skewing other numbers...However there is a possibility if we lower agression to 40 or 30 this may lower them. If you want check it out.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #35
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxred2
ok, so I have been watching this thread very closely and with your guys input I think I have found the best we are going to get on the ps3 stat wise. Here is what I am running with: offense: 50/60/50 for all teams On Defense: 0 run vs. pass and 50 for agression

Here are some season stats, but they are a little low... sacks are high

passing yards 4,386 (peyton manning)
rushing yards 1,677 (adrian peterson/ 24 with over 1,000 yards)
catching 106 (l. fitzgerald/ only 3 over 100 receptions)
sacks 24 (J. Abraham/ 4 over 20) sacks are way too high, but I cannot seem to get them down without skewing other numbers...However there is a possibility if we lower agression to 40 or 30 this may lower them. If you want check it out.
Nice info. Aggression on D seems to help decrease/increase the amount of blitzes they call during gameplay. So you would think it would help the sack stats as well.

Bout to test and will post my info here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Nice info. I aggression on D seems to help decrease/increase the amount of blitzes they call. So you would think it would help the sacks as well.

Bout to test and will post my info
Yeah, I messed with your team settings and they seem a little off right now, but I believe your assessment of the defensive aggression is dead on. I am testing it at 40 for every team right now. I only have concrete stats with fixed numbers for every team though, which takes the team personality out of it. My plan was to just go off the original madden team strategies for games I play. We will see. you are right with aggression, because as I am testing it looks to effect sacks.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #37
Rookie

offense 60 run vs. pass, 50 agression, 60 rb1/rb2
defense 0 run vs. pass, o agression

these set also works if you like a little higher stats for passing 1 5000 yard passer and 5 4,000 yards
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 11

You guys, the coaching settings should be different for every team if you want to get the best stats.

I ran some tests a long time ago, and defensive aggression did not change blitzing in games AT ALL. You can test it yourself: Play whatever teams you want. Control one team only on offense. Let the CPU control the defense and then super sim when the CPU team has the ball. Make sure before you start your game to set the CPU to 0 aggression. During the game, call only pass plays and then when the play is complete do an instant replay. Count the number of players that come in the pass rush. If it is four or less, mark an "O" on a notepad. If it is more then 4 pass rushers, mark an "x". Play eight quarters.

Now repeat the process, but set defensive aggression to 50. Then do it with aggression set to 100. In my experience (and I did this a few times with different teams), there is no different in the data other then random games where there is like a 1-5 difference in the amount of blitzes.

On the other hand, defensive aggression does effect simmed stats. If you set teams to 100 they will almost alway lead the league in sacks, and you will see far more sacks by defensive backs and linebackers. This is an indication that the team is blitzing a lot more in simmed games.

The other thing that is effecting the simmed stats is the run/pass slider for the offense. The more offenses pass the ball, the more likely they are to give up sacks (obviously). Also, if you have teams that don't have very good offensive pass blocking, or injuries (I have read a few places that offensive linemen get injured at ton post patch), then the sack numbers could get crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."

Last edited by tarantism; 12-08-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
You guys, the coaching settings should be different for every team if you want to get the best stats.

I ran some tests a long time ago, and defensive aggression did not change blitzing in games AT ALL. You can test it yourself: Play whatever teams you want. Control one team only on offense. Let the CPU control the defense and then super sim when the CPU team has the ball. Make sure before you start your game to set the CPU to 0 aggression. During the game, call only pass plays and then when the play is complete do an instant replay. Count the number of players that come in the pass rush. If it is four or less, mark an "O" on a notepad. If it is more then 4 pass rushers, mark an "x". Play eight quarters.

Now repeat the process, but set defensive aggression to 50. Then do it with aggression set to 100. In my experience (and I did this a few times with different teams), there is no different in the data other then random games where there is like a 1-5 difference in the amount of blitzes.

On the other hand, defensive aggression does effect simmed stats. If you set teams to 100 they will almost alway lead the league in sacks, and you will see far more sacks by defensive backs and linebackers. This is an indication that the team is blitzing a lot more in simmed games.

The other thing that is effecting the simmed stats is the run/pass slider for the offense. The more offenses pass the ball, the more likely they are to give up sacks (obviously). Also, if you have teams that don't have very good offensive pass blocking, or injuries (I have read a few places that offensive linemen get injured at ton post patch), then the sack numbers could get crazy.
Totally understand... I am using my fixed numbers just for sim and not gameplay. I will be using adjusted ones for each team for in game results.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

since im on 360 i cant help out right now but i do got a few observations and questions for you guys. i did this kind of testing for madden since 06 to try and get good stats in simmed games. i will lead off with my questions first. i take it you guys have injuries off right? if so then that would explain the higher #s that you guys are getting (and its better to test with inj off to limit the amount of randomness you get). so i would be trying to get slightly higher than nromal #s knowing they will go down when the AP's and Wares of the leauge get injured
what little testing ive done this year (i quit when i saw sm27 was starting the manifesto and was waiting to help with that) i noticed a few things. the run/pass slider is off, it is slanted more towards pass, example 50/50 is more like 45/55 and 40/60 is more like 45/55. the def aggr slider seems to affect the kind of blitz the cpu brings and does change the amount they blitz (i believe the amount they bliz is based on playbooks). so not as many 6-8 man blitzs on every 3rd down.
i hope that helps you guys some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »