Home

My Foray into Sliders: Patch 2

This is a discussion on My Foray into Sliders: Patch 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My Foray into Sliders: Patch 2

too easy for me.
i score 42pts in 2 quarters
wells 95yds in 6 att
kurt warner 22/23 295yds in first half
i think that no realistic stats

sorry but it's wrong way sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer
Why are you mostly playing your games on slow speed, even though you mentioned that the pass rush is better on normal speed? I want to try your sliders, so which speed do you recommend I play on?
Slow is the speed I'm most comfortable with - so I created those sliders first and that's probably the one that's had the most testing.

Normal I just started trying again, and noticed how dramatic the pass rushing is between the speeds.

Slow might be the most "developed" sliders, though if you like the non-animation sliders closer to 50, you'll probably want to the normal sliders so I'll recommend those to you. They probably need the most testing anyway!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5bigticket5
too easy for me.
i score 42pts in 2 quarters
wells 95yds in 6 att
kurt warner 22/23 295yds in first half
i think that no realistic stats

sorry but it's wrong way sliders

Sorry they didn't work for you.

You must be awesome - I can't get 95 yds with Wells in a game half the time, much less in 6 carries, and I don't think I EVER had that great a day of passing!

Thanks for giving them a look.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Testing some things with pass reaction time and INTs.

First two games were night and day. First game I was having an awesome day with Pat White - next game, he throws for 35% completion...vs the same team.

Really strange. That second game, I couldn't do a thing offensively, which is good. These fantasy teams should suck offensively more often than not. Heck, so should the Ravens to a degree.

Playing a game now and if it turns out well, I post the changes I made and keep playing a season out without adjustments and see what happens.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Well, lost a tight one 21-15 to KC with the Oakland team.

Defense played very well for the most part. They just gave up a couple big plays (including one totally fluke play - Josh Morgan fumbled but Fitzgerald picked it up and ran it in for a TD. First time ever I challenged a fumble by the other team LOL), but they couldn't hold up when I needed them. KC drove down the field late on a very long drive. Had Revis locked up on Fitzgerald all game, and he did well, but at the end Fitzgerald came through with a TD. Still, it was the only catches Fitzgerald made.

Got the ball back, driving down the field. Came up a few seconds and 8 yds short to winning the game. Threw a deep pass to Heyward-Bey, he caught it, but because of the pass rush, I had to throw it too early and it didn't have the distance to get into the endzone. Also had too much loft on it so he had to slow down to get it which let the defender bring him down right after the catch. Too bad, because he had a couple steps on his man...*sigh*

Penalties galore in this game too. Oakland had 9 penalties for 76 yds. KC had 5 for 48 yds (including a defensive pass interference). Josh Johnson got hurt (don't know if he's out for more than just this game) so Pat White came in and was decent.

Changes:

Penalty Sliders (for now, for all speeds):
All 100, except -
Holding: 56 (can go to 58 if you want more)
Facemask: 43 (not terribly common in the real game, imo)
Clipping: 54 (can't remember when I last heard this called, but I wanted to use it to represent illegal block in the back - probably need to up it as it wasn't called at all)

Human Slider Changes (Normal Speed):
Pass Reaction Time up from 40 to 45
Interceptions up from 0 to 15
Pass Rushing up from 45 to 50

CPU Slider Changes (Normal Speed):
Pass Reaction Time up from 40 to 45
Interceptions up from 0 to 15 (might increase more, though I finally threw a pick)
Pass Rushing up from 40 to 45

Other potential changes:
I might up the threshold to 55 to see how it plays, see if I can't get the game to be even more defensive.

I'll probably test rush reaction at 40. I don't know if I should be concerned that Peterson got 4 yds per carry with my inept line, or if it should be cool because Peterson is really better than a 4 ypc back, i.e. the line's weakness hurt him. I might up it - in hopes of more defense. Folks who try the sliders with better lines might still tear it up under current settings, maybe.

I might up tackling to 15 or lower break tackling down to 5 (since I got a "pro-tak into TD moment")

Stats:

Passing
Hasselbeck, 83.8 Rating, 16 of 29 (56%) for 169 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 5.8 Y/A
White, 79.8 Rating, 13 of 23 (56%) for 169 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, 7.3 Y/A
Johnson, 52.2 Rating, 10 of 22 (45%) for 85 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 3.8 Y/A

[Combined Oakland passing 23 of 45 (51%) for 254 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 5.6 Y/A - pretty much NFL low based on this season's stat ranges, which is fitting given my QB, OL, and WR, imo]

(I really wanted to simplify the offense for Johnson, so I stuck to short passes when possible. He still struggled. Most of White's yds came on the final drive when I had to hurry up and throw down field. 47 of White's yds came on the Heyward-Bey catch. Without that, he'd be 12 of 22 for 122 yds, a 5.5 Y/A)

Rushing:
Turner: 10 att for 122 yds, 1 TD (80 on one play, one of their big plays - a bit of a "pro-tak moment").
Peterson: 15 for 65 yds
Wells: 8 for 28 yds

(Got a little pass happy, but then again the final drive skewed it a bit. To me, Turner really had 10 for 50 yds, but unfortunately, I can't take those yds (or the TD) off the board...Peterson was held to an NFL average day...)

Recieving:
Britt: 7 catches for 68 yds, 1 TD
Wallace: 5 for 39 yds
Hillis: 3 for 33 yds

Fitzgerald: 3 for 39 yds, 1 TD
Fasano: 3 for 16 yds
Jones: 3 for 42 yds

(Revis looked like Revis and shut down Fitz for the most part. Had zero catches until that one drive. Finnegan and D.R Cromartie also did a solid job. My WR made an average to slightly high amount of catches [Britt], but the yds per catch show how short-passing and conservative I was for the most part)

Defensive:

Chiefs got 4 sacks and a pick. No defensive scoring. Harlson was in on 10 tackles (6 solo) and Fox was in on 9 (4 solo)

Raiders got 3 sacks and no picks. They scored a safety (Antonio Johnson). Not much to write home about in the tackles department. They didn't make very many since they weren't on the field that long and the plays they gave up - well they didn't tackle anyone

Kicking:
Buehler was 2 for 2 in FG. Morestead had a 49.8 yd average on his punts.

KC didn't attempt any FGs. Lee had a 45.1 yd average on his punts.

Kick Returns:
Buckhalter averaged 32 yds on his returns for KC
Wallace averaged 31 yds on his returns for OAK
Makino returned one off the safety for OAK, it was 22 yds

Punt Returns:
Wallace averaged 15.5 yds on his returns for OAK
Northcutt average 7.0 yds on his returns for KC

Penalties:
OAK's penalties were mostly holding and almost ALL of them by the three losers in the middle of the offensive line. Jake Long got one when I scrambled, and Hillis got a couple. There were some false starts in there too, again by the three idiots in the middle (especially that LG *gives him the Gruden stare*)

KC had a mix of penalties, a couple holding calls, one defensive PI, a couple false starts.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-16-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I tried your slow speed sliders last night. It was only one game, so, a small sample size at best.

I played Packers vs Cards.

I thought Rodgers and Warner were too accurate and had too much time in the pocket. Rodgers passed for 5 TD's for 68% and Warner passed for 71%. I will say, though, that when they both are on, they are accurate passers.

Also, the CPU running game was non-existent. Wells and Hightower combined for less than 50 yds.

That was the things that stuck out for me. Again, it's a small sample size.

It was a fun game, altogether.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #31
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I have tried messing with the sliders so much trying to get a defensive game. I have yet to try out these sliders, but I just read up on them for the first time, so it will be the next thing I try. My problem is, more than ANYTHING on this entire game...1) running game for human is WAY too easy. 2) my pass rush is too good...when I am getting 4-5 sacks PER GAME with 1 person, there is a problem. I have tried all kinds of sliders on this forum trying to give me low scoring good defensive games, yet I have not found the proper mix. Will these sliders appeal to me? My current IQ is 535...its only low cause of the extreme amount of interceptions i threw the first 2 games (7) and also because of my defensive passing game, which has also been a struggle of mine. Seems like the CPU catches everything in their direction. I need a better mixture of defensive games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I have tried messing with the sliders so much trying to get a defensive game. I have yet to try out these sliders, but I just read up on them for the first time, so it will be the next thing I try. My problem is, more than ANYTHING on this entire game...1) running game for human is WAY too easy. 2) my pass rush is too good...when I am getting 4-5 sacks PER GAME with 1 person, there is a problem. I have tried all kinds of sliders on this forum trying to give me low scoring good defensive games, yet I have not found the proper mix. Will these sliders appeal to me? My current IQ is 535...its only low cause of the extreme amount of interceptions i threw the first 2 games (7) and also because of my defensive passing game, which has also been a struggle of mine. Seems like the CPU catches everything in their direction. I need a better mixture of defensive games.

They may appeal to you. I was getting some heat on the CPU most of the game with my DL (see the Oakland roster I posted) with the Normal sliders. My IQ hovers around 507-550, probably low because of the teams I have.

Might need to lower the Run blocking if you're good at rushing. I freely admit I'm not the best player at this game, so you might take it down 5-10 points from where they are now. I'm debating if I should be as good as I am with Peterson given how bad the middle of my O-Line is - so I'll test an increase to run reaction time.

CPU passing - I haven't seen that yet with the CPU catching everything. Might be my DBs, but usually the AI is around NFL averages for completions except for the really good QBs, the really Bad ones, or when they have off games.

I think increasing the pass reaction time should help that cause - at least then the defenders can lay hits a good times and get there to knock the ball away.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-16-2009 at 12:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »