Home

CPU Coverage Problems

This is a discussion on CPU Coverage Problems within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CPU Coverage Problems

I'm using a tweaked version of Jukeman's sliders, and they seem to be working pretty well for the most part. However, the one issue is my scoring. Am trying a chise with the Cards (wanted to compare good attack to bad - have done another with the Bills) and have had a couple of games get WAY out of control. My results have been:

vs 49ers - W 63-21 - enough said. Was ridiculous
@ Jaguars - W 31-17 - good game, very close until 4th when I scored twice
vs Colts - W 31-14 - again, was a very good game, just got the better of them defensively
vs Texans - W 56-28 - Texans output was good, they just couldn't defend at all.

It looks as though the coverage is the problem. My pass accuracy/WR catch is between 26-30, and the CPU INT level is at 20-25. My pass block is 95 and the pass rush for the CPU is 90 (i still get hurried and hit plenty, but only given up 4 sacks in 4 games - think its because I manage to get my throws away, which results in a few picks - 8 up to now lol). There are still innacurate throws from both QB's, and a realistic number of drops.

Now on to the Coverage. I upped the INT level from 10, and it made a little difference, but any more than 20 seems to make the CPU CB's like WR's in terms of catching. I've also tried Reaction Time and it hasn't made much difference to the coverage in the past, but this is when I have had INT's at 0. Is there any link to Reaction Time and INT sliders - i.e. if the Reaction Time slider is high, the bigger the effect the INT slider has when increasing it, as opposed to having a lower Reaction Time?

Or are there any other Idea's to make the coverage better without it blatantly cheating?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: CPU Coverage Problems

I would think that the higher Pass Reaction time might not increase the ability of the DBs to pick off passes, but it will get them in better position so they have more chances to pick/deflect passes. Also some throws into space will get defended more often. I've seen more diving deflections from defenders with a pass reaction of 40 as they try to make up ground, especially if they are in zone.

You would probably see more INTs with an increase of both Pass reaction time and INT sliders. Better positioning plus better hands = more successful picks.

Actually, I might would consider lowering pass blocking a little, especially if you like to go downfield or use longer developing routes. That might give you a half-second less to throw which might make a difference in who you throw to (the checkdown instead of Fitz downfield, for example), or you might have to throw it a little before you'd like and that might make the catch harder so you get more incompletions since the defender can make a little easier play on the ball.

Might not address the root of the problem for you, but it could help keep the scores down if, for no other reason, you take longer to push the ball down the field.

EDIT: Oh, and a higher pass reaction will help once the catch is made it seems. Not only will they flow more to the ball in the air, they'll then be in better shape to make the tackle on the pass, especially in zone again.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
Rookie

Fantastic. Will give the reaction time a boost then - try at 100 and work my way down. INT's are working spot on at the min, CPU is making picks it should do i.e. ones I throw right at them, but the odd one is dropped. There are very few outrageous ones so none that make me think "that is BS, how the heck did he jump 10 from standing still" or something like that. Just wish I had a better running back to compliment the aerial attack - lost Beanie Wells for 9/10 weeks, and Hightower blows hot and cold.

Anyways, thanks for the info, greatly appreciated
Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

definitely up the reaction time. you'll see a much better jump on the ball by defenders. also, i found that the speed threshold makes a big difference in terms of separation if you want to go that route too.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Sweet. Will get one it tonight. May even have a new slider set ready to put up soon too. Hopefully that one will actually get looked at by more people. Only had one guy look at it last time......
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »