Home

How to stop CPU defense from over tiring

This is a discussion on How to stop CPU defense from over tiring within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to stop CPU defense from over tiring

I am currently contemplating whether to use 12 or 13 min quarters. 13 min plays wonderfully with my sliders, but there is just one problem around the mid point of the 4th quarter the CPU defense just begins to completely suck against the run. I think its because they are getting a lot more fatigue because of the longer game.

I know a lot of you guys play with 15 min quarters, so how do you guys stop this from happening?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How to stop CPU defense from over tiring

I don't. Defenses that are on the field a lot and getting hit with the run should be tired in the 4th quarter.

I have fatigue at 77 with a low sub in/out settings, and it doesn't get crazy for me. Sometimes it opens up, but that's realistic, imo.

That said, if you think it's too much for you, lower your fatigue slider. That will impact everyone and the lower the slider, the less fatigue piles up over the game.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I was wondering about the fatigue. After hearing that London Fletcher(irl) has only missed 1 snap in like 933 total snaps, which is CRAZY!

And the fact that I see him go out in Madden after a 10+ play drive(my fatigue set at 52). Either I need to lower the sub-out for Lbs or lower the fatigue below 50(probably both).

I'm also going to check London Fletchers stamina rating, he should be 99 w/ him only missing 1 snap in that many seasons of play.
Hell, he has more tackles than any Lb over the last decade, ANY!

Plus, I don't want the fatigue to be too high that it causes my backup O-lineman to come in during a long drive. That messes up my whole offense and that could be another reason I had a low pct of tds in the redzone in the regular season.

Last edited by dfos81; 12-28-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I use a modified form of Jukeman's which has higher fatigue but much much lower sub in/out.

I try to use profootballfocus.com to get an idea of how much players actually play.

You can look at a game and then the Player Participation link to see how often each player played and how they were used.

I then try to match up the sub ins/outs to go with my fatigue so that guys play as close to the actual amount they really play. For example, OL don't often come out - so I put that sub in/out really low. Even with my fatigue, I don't see OLine subs on long drives.

It might be hard to simulate someone like Fletcher. That's just insane. But Orakpo and McIntosh played 88% of the snaps on defense in the Giants game. That should be doable with the right combo of fatigue sliders and sub in/out to go with it.

The difficulty in using these, though, is that the real game has way more packages and situational subs - not just fatigue subs. Madden has less in the way of packages/situational subs. Also, injuries are a factor, but it doesn't say that a guy had 75% participation because of injury or fatigue.

The main reason why I don't like going below 50 in fatigue is that it seems to make Stamina mean little. Just about everyone stays fresh all game. With more fatigue, stamina should matter more I would think, so guys might play but be tired more/less - also makes T.O.P mean a little more. If you get long drives on you, your guys will tire, even if they stay on the field.

Basically, what I notice in general from the participation % stats:

QBs never go out, except for Wildcat or injury

HBs come out the most on offense.

#1 WR usually stay in, the others seem to sub - but that's probably packages/formations more than fatigue.

OL almost never come out for many teams, though some DO have some rotation. A lot are at 100%, though, so it's probably best just to try to simulate that for Madden purposes.

TE seem more package subs than fatigue.

FB, same way.

On defense:

DL subs the most, especially for teams that use rotation.

LBs don't sub too much. A lot are around 80-90+% but some do come out - however, that might be formations (nickle, dime, 3-4 vs 4-3 vs 4-6 etc)

Starting DBs don't seem to come out at all.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-28-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I use a modified form of Jukeman's which has higher fatigue but much much lower sub in/out.

I try to use profootballfocus.com to get an idea of how much players actually play.

You can look at a game and then the Player Participation link to see how often each player played and how they were used.

I then try to match up the sub ins/outs to go with my fatigue so that guys play as close to the actual amount they really play. For example, OL don't often come out - so I put that sub in/out really low. Even with my fatigue, I don't see OLine subs on long drives.

It might be hard to simulate someone like Fletcher. That's just insane. But Orakpo and McIntosh played 88% of the snaps on defense in the Giants game. That should be doable with the right combo of fatigue sliders and sub in/out to go with it.

The difficulty in using these, though, is that the real game has way more packages and situational subs - not just fatigue subs. Madden has less in the way of packages/situational subs. Also, injuries are a factor, but it doesn't say that a guy had 75% participation because of injury or fatigue.

The main reason why I don't like going below 50 in fatigue is that it seems to make Stamina mean little. Just about everyone stays fresh all game. With more fatigue, stamina should matter more I would think, so guys might play but be tired more/less - also makes T.O.P mean a little more. If you get long drives on you, your guys will tire, even if they stay on the field.

Basically, what I notice in general from the participation % stats:

QBs never go out, except for Wildcat or injury

HBs come out the most on offense.

#1 WR usually stay in, the others seem to sub - but that's probably packages/formations more than fatigue.

OL almost never come out for many teams, though some DO have some rotation. A lot are at 100%, though, so it's probably best just to try to simulate that for Madden purposes.

TE seem more package subs than fatigue.

FB, same way.

On defense:

DL subs the most, especially for teams that use rotation.

LBs don't sub too much. A lot are around 80-90+% but some do come out - however, that might be formations (nickle, dime, 3-4 vs 4-3 vs 4-6 etc)

Starting DBs don't seem to come out at all.
Nice info KB, also we can see how many snaps a player gets in the player info, stats screen, or somewhere in that area.
So that can help us to see whos getting what pct of snaps, just have to check it game to game and maybe add up the total snaps during games. pass att. rush att. punts, fgs..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm still deciding if i want 12 or 13 min quarters. It seems almost as if i'm getting too many plays from 13 min quarters. People play with 15 though so i should be ok....

Any hints for playing like this? I can post my sliders if maybe that would exploit whats wrong.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:30 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_noob
I'm still deciding if i want 12 or 13 min quarters. It seems almost as if i'm getting too many plays from 13 min quarters. People play with 15 though so i should be ok....

Any hints for playing like this? I can post my sliders if maybe that would exploit whats wrong.

What's your clock run off? I use 15 min quarters with 25 sec run off and typically get between 115-120 plays.

How many plays are you getting with your clock settings? Around 120 is the NFL norm.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Bumping up runoff to 25 seconds seems to have made the game go a little fast. Liking the results. Weird thing is that it seems to effect the difficulty of the game for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »