Home

Which Sliders Provide the Most Realistic and Challenging Gameplay?

This is a discussion on Which Sliders Provide the Most Realistic and Challenging Gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Sliders Provide the Most Realistic and Challenging Gameplay
NFL Simulation Sliders for Patch 1 & 2 (tuned for Slow & Very Slow gameplay) 23 51.11%
Bill's v3 Realism Sliders 8 17.78%
DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed) 3 6.67%
Cedwebb's "NFL PRIMETIME" Sliders 2 4.44%
Normal Custom Sliders Title Update 2 3 6.67%
Other (Please specify) 6 13.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Which Sliders Provide the Most Realistic and Challenging Gameplay?

All in all I was looking at it from a gameplay perspective. I know the sim stats are messed up just curious about gameplay. Personally I liked Valdarez's but I was winning too much, with Bill's I am 8-3 with the Packers right now (season 2).
Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

if anyone wants, i can customize sliders for them in my slider forum until it is very difficult and realistic. Most sliders can go all the way up, but some like defensive reaction you have to be careful with because above 50, and the corners are psychic.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I focused on Realism on the NFL Simulation Sliders, so you get a realistic amount of time in the pocket (2 to 5 seconds), correct turn over ratios (INTs / Fumbles), realistic passing accuracy / stats, correct catches / drops by WRs, correct HB running / TDs, and correct tackles / sacks.

The problem with Madden is that difficulty should be based on play calling, player decisions, and increasing players ability. Unfortunately the game only increases the players ability.

If you play with the NFL Simulation Sliders and find it too easy, then I suggest trying one of the Madden Challenges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Most sliders can go all the way up, but some like defensive reaction you have to be careful with because above 50, and the corners are psychic.
Defensive Reaction slider isn't that effective, even at 0. At 50, the DB's will move to make a play on the ball as soon as the QB's arm goes back to make the throw. This is a bug in the game IMHO as they shouldn't move at least until the arm is moving forward. Even at 0 you can't get it to be realistic. Unfortunately the slider seems to control the reaction to the ball AND the reaction to the route running so if you bump it down to fix the DB's unrealistically quick reaction to the pass (which needs to be 0) then you mess up the DB's coverage of the routes which is a huge problem on man to man coverage (not so much zone).
Old 01-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I focused on Realism on the NFL Simulation Sliders, so you get a realistic amount of time in the pocket (2 to 5 seconds), correct turn over ratios (INTs / Fumbles), realistic passing accuracy / stats, correct catches / drops by WRs, correct HB running / TDs, and correct tackles / sacks.

The problem with Madden is that difficulty should be based on play calling, player decisions, and increasing players ability. Unfortunately the game only increases the players ability.

If you play with the NFL Simulation Sliders and find it too easy, then I suggest trying one of the Madden Challenges.
As I said I was getting good statistics for a while but it became too easy. I have been using Ask-Madden for some time now and would have some close games, only because the CPU called ridiculous plays on defense. Currently using Bill's sliders I use Ask-Madden for offense and call the plays on defense (only watch however) and have been getting some very good games. I tried using Beginner playcalling and just couldn't get into have no choice what the play would be, although it was more difficult.

Curious though Valdarez, and everyone who uses his sliders, would this "watch on defense" approach work with yours? Also being the leading vote getter it would be nice to read some feedback as to how people are playing using these sliders. What house rules are you guys using for the sliders you play with?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
I've used Bill's and Valdarez' sliders and they're both good. Bill's can get challenging when you don't use sprint. But Valdarez' sliders would be just as difficult without sprint, I suppose. The big difference is the play speed (slow/very slow vs fast).

The biggest problem I have with either set is what Valdarez mentioned above. I've stopped playing my season, as I've had HB's break 250+ yds (avg. 10+ YPC) and 3-4 TD's in every game. Adrian Peterson set a new NFL record with 307 yards.

I've looked into "Normal Custom Sliders Title Update 2", but it requires you to control all 32 teams. Supposedly when you adjust the coach and sub settings individually for each team, it addresses the CPU stat problem. But I'm really into my current franchise, and don't want to restart in order to control every team. Plus it would get tedious in the off-season and draft when you have to manually sign every team's free agents and draft picks.
That's nothing in my Bears chise, I'm 9-1 and the new NFL rushing record is 363 yards by who you ask? The superstar known as Chris Brown, WTF EA? Oh well the game is still fairly fun, wish I had another choice though.....P.S. 6 of the top ten rushing yards in games has been set in my first 10 games, cool, huh? Guess I'll just have to convince myself 2,000 is the new 1,000 mark, right?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Unfortunately the slider seems to control the reaction to the ball AND the reaction to the route running so if you bump it down to fix the DB's unrealistically quick reaction to the pass (which needs to be 0) then you mess up the DB's coverage of the routes which is a huge problem on man to man coverage (not so much zone).
Yep..

EA needs more sliders and stop combining these effects under one slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

Other:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-sliders.html

Believe it or not, these gave me the best games thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »