Home

Most Difficult Sliders?

This is a discussion on Most Difficult Sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Most Difficult Sliders?

Anyone know which sliders give the best challenge? Already using Valdarez's w/ the Legends Challenge but: 1) Games are too high-scoring; and 2) I'm winning too much. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Most Difficult Sliders?

I'd like to second this. I've had some close games with the same sliders but for whatever reason (maybe I'm getting better or used to them?)now, close games are rare. I had one earlier today where it was 28-21 going into the 4th and I'd been trailing most of the game. Which was great. But the three games after that ended 45-7, 35-0, and 31-3. So at this point I'm definitely wondering what sliders people are using that they find challenging. I see some people in their franchises going 3-13 or 6-10 and I'm completely envious, to be honest. I'd rather lose every game 24-21 than win them all by 28 points.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I use Bill's sliders and find that a few cocktails tend to even things out a bit.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Rookie

I just gave them a try. I used a team I use very rarely. (Colts) and took on the Patriots at Foxboro. I ended up winning 62-24. The passing was a little ridiculous. I went 41/51 with Manning for 538 Yards, 7 TD's, and 0 picks. I got his sliders from another site by yahoo'ing "difficult madden 10 sliders". So I'm not sure if I was using a post patch set or his most updated. It was 17-17 at one point but the passing was a little too pinpoint for my liking, for both me and the CPU. Between Brady and Manning there were only 15 incomplete passes thrown out of 114 attempts.

I'll look on here and see if I was using his most recent sliders. There were parts I liked, don't get me wrong. The run game felt good. But the laser accurate throws were just a bit much.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Obviously you are better than me. I forgot to mention my house rules, I only watch on defense and use Ask Madden on offense. I don't think there is a slider set difficult enough to make up for the AI. Here's to Madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
Rookie

I appreciate you saying that. But I really don't think I'm very good at the game. There's a ton of subtle nuances and I really haven't even discovered yet. I haven't spent much time reading instruction manuals and what not. I barely ever hot route on offense or defense, have no clue how to shade a receiver in or out, and the only thing I ever do at the LOS is the occasional fake snap and audible. So based on what I see people on here talking about, I've only scratched the surface of the game.

I guess what I lack in knowledge I make up for in quick decision making, be it run or pass.

Also I just wanted to say I checked out your HB rating system and to be quite honest that's something that could go a long way for you and owning a business I've had to patent a few ideas. I realize this isn't something you probably ever want to profit off of. Though that could be done as well. But you might want to look into making a short term copyright of that (I can give you a few easy, free ways to do that). Because I think if someone from espn or the nfl saw that. They would use it.

All that legal mumbo jumbo aside though, I give you nothing but congrats on that system. I've always believed it's possible to have each offensive position rated like a QB and often wondered why no one did it. You're onto something, so hang onto it.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

I don't want to clog this thread with my HB Rating, but if you post info there I'd be happy to read it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The NFL Simulation Sliders attempted to focus on realistic stats rather than a challenge. I plan on putting together a set of more challenging sliders, but with that will come less accurate stats. Unfortunately you can't have both in a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »