Home

What I "THINK" about the slider in MADDEN !!!

This is a discussion on What I "THINK" about the slider in MADDEN !!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What I "THINK" about the slider in MADDEN !!!

Let me start off by saying that Madden 2010 is a really good game in "General". I say general because with the "RIGHT" sliders is can be a absolutely fun football game !!! Now the reason for me writing this is to give you my THEORY on the way the experience should be for you when you are contolling a Team. When playing football there are strengths to a team you are playing with and also to the other teams as Well!!! ( REMEMBER THAT) You as the user "SHOULD" experience fustrations and discomfort during the course of a game. Now these feelings should come from the weaknesses of the team you are playing with. On the otherhand, good things happens like 1st downs, big plays (runs or pass plays), big hits, and the number 1 thing a score!!! Thats football Guys!!!

Now let me explain something as far as the sliders are concern....

I believe that ALL Madden is the best level to play on and is due to the difficulty of the level. At the same token you got to remember that it is a football game and you got to play football like its suppose to play. THINGS DONT COME EASY RIGHT??? NO HARD WORK!!!

Anyway I think by tweaking the Passing,Rushing Pass Defense and Rush Defense Individually will make the game "Realistic" Period.!!!

But I believe that if you boost your sliders and the computer sliders it will JUICE each player on the field WAY UP... I personally think that each setting "SHOULD NOT" be over 50. Honestly dont know why but thats what I feel!!! Why do the game even give you the option to put everything to 100 or even have sliders anyway?

I've notice the way the sliders work is the lower you have the 12 sliders set to, it make the game harder because it increases the Level of the Entire Game. Making it difficult!!!!!!!! But at the same time it make each player play to their rating I believe. Not to say to put everything at 0.

Ex. Peyton Manning's QB ACCUARCY IS 88.5 (THE BEST IN THE GAME) I added the short,medium, deep and on the run and average them out, Why would you want the QB ACC sliders set for 96 which would make the game easier lowering the pre-set number at the same time!!! Scale below !!!
He wouldnt have no problem hitting his reciever if the QB ACC was set at 24 for an example!!! Y @ 100?

THINK ABOUT IT GAMERS!!!!
When you first turn on the game the default level is on pro right. Each CPU slider is set at 50!!! If you change the level to custom (Basically pro) each slider is set at 75!!! WHY !!!??? Me; I think to make the game way to easy because its on the Pro setting (not a realistic setting to me "PERSONALLY") So if you increase each skill level to 20 what happens??? Each slider drops down to 0. Try playing way too HARD !!! BUT!!! If you tweak each of the 3 sliders for all 4 parts of the game, the skill level is still on ALL MADDEN...
It have to be raise some but nothing over 50.
Think of the default setting when you first turn on the game in the CPU Skills.
So by keeping each setting low, the rating of the actual player will compensate in the difficult of the whole game in all parts of the game.

SCALE
0-4 -Rookie "no good"
5-9- Pro "no good"
10-14-All-Pro "no good"
15-20- All Madden = (Realistic Football)

So if you set your sliders at a certain number the CPU's sliders needs to be the EXACT SAME!!!

Your Pre-set Numbers needs to betwen 16-20 for the Game to be on All Madden. So as far as tweaking the sliders. The 3 set of numbers need to be where you feel it should be as long as the pre-set number stay between 16-20. REMEMBER!!!

Just my theory fellas !!! I have Realistic sliders !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What I "THINK" about the slider in MADDEN !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrisjrh609
Let me start off by saying that Madden 2010 is a really good game in "General". I say general because with the "RIGHT" sliders is can be a absolutely fun football game !!! Now the reason for me writing this is to give you my THEORY on the way the experience should be for you when you are contolling a Team. When playing football there are strengths to a team you are playing with and also to the other teams as Well!!! ( REMEMBER THAT) You as the user "SHOULD" experience fustrations and discomfort during the course of a game. Now these feelings should come from the weaknesses of the team you are playing with. On the otherhand, good things happens like 1st downs, big plays (runs or pass plays), big hits, and the number 1 thing a score!!! Thats football Guys!!!

Now let me explain something as far as the sliders are concern....

I believe that ALL Madden is the best level to play on and is due to the difficulty of the level. At the same token you got to remember that it is a football game and you got to play football like its suppose to play. THINGS DONT COME EASY RIGHT??? NO HARD WORK!!!

Anyway I think by tweaking the Passing,Rushing Pass Defense and Rush Defense Individually will make the game "Realistic" Period.!!!

But I believe that if you boost your sliders and the computer sliders it will JUICE each player on the field WAY UP... I personally think that each setting "SHOULD NOT" be over 50. Honestly dont know why but thats what I feel!!! Why do the game even give you the option to put everything to 100 or even have sliders anyway?

I've notice the way the sliders work is the lower you have the 12 sliders set to, it make the game harder because it increases the Level of the Entire Game. Making it difficult!!!!!!!! But at the same time it make each player play to their rating I believe. Not to say to put everything at 0.

Ex. Peyton Manning's QB ACCUARCY IS 88.5 (THE BEST IN THE GAME) I added the short,medium, deep and on the run and average them out, Why would you want the QB ACC sliders set for 96 which would make the game easier lowering the pre-set number at the same time!!! Scale below !!!
He wouldnt have no problem hitting his reciever if the QB ACC was set at 24 for an example!!! Y @ 100?

THINK ABOUT IT GAMERS!!!!
When you first turn on the game the default level is on pro right. Each CPU slider is set at 50!!! If you change the level to custom (Basically pro) each slider is set at 75!!! WHY !!!??? Me; I think to make the game way to easy because its on the Pro setting (not a realistic setting to me "PERSONALLY") So if you increase each skill level to 20 what happens??? Each slider drops down to 0. Try playing way too HARD !!! BUT!!! If you tweak each of the 3 sliders for all 4 parts of the game, the skill level is still on ALL MADDEN...
It have to be raise some but nothing over 50.
Think of the default setting when you first turn on the game in the CPU Skills.
So by keeping each setting low, the rating of the actual player will compensate in the difficult of the whole game in all parts of the game.

SCALE
0-4 -Rookie "no good"
5-9- Pro "no good"
10-14-All-Pro "no good"
15-20- All Madden = (Realistic Football)

So if you set your sliders at a certain number the CPU's sliders needs to be the EXACT SAME!!!

Your Pre-set Numbers needs to betwen 16-20 for the Game to be on All Madden. So as far as tweaking the sliders. The 3 set of numbers need to be where you feel it should be as long as the pre-set number stay between 16-20. REMEMBER!!!

Just my theory fellas !!! I have Realistic sliders !!!
Smallest font ever!

If you think All Madden = Real Football, then you have no concept of the game.

Last edited by Valdarez; 01-26-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Lmao Valdarez.

Anyway, heres a slider scale that has helped me get the cpu tuned to a certain level. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html

Player/Cpu IQ Scale: This is designed for you to be able to adjust certain things to your liking, and hopefully gives you an idea of what your doing when you raise/lower certain sliders.

Player Skills Sub Sliders:

Ranges, level on Main sliders, and Player/Cpu IQ's.

Note: The higher the Player Skills Main slider, the less A.I. asst. the player skills is getting.
The lower the Main slider the more A.I. asst. your getting.

Player Sub-Sliders/ Main Slider/ IQ

0-5 / 19-20= All Madden maxed = 951-1000 IQ( Player A.I. being non-existent, thus making the game the hardest possible level to play on. )
6-10 / 18 = 950
11-15 / 17 = 900
16-20 / 16 =850
21-25 / 15 Min. All Madden = 751-849 IQ
26-30 / 14 Max All Pro = 750
31-35 /13 = 700
36-40 / 12 = 650
41-45 / 11 = 600
46-50 / 10 All Pro = 451-599 IQ
51-55 / 9 = 450
56-60 / 8 = 400
61-65 / 7 = 350
66-70 / 6 Min All Pro = 300
71-75 / 5 Pro = 151-299 IQ
76-80 / 4 Max Rookie = 150
81-85 / 3 = 100
86-90 / 2 = 50
91-95 / 1 = 1-49
96-100 / 0 Min Rookie= 0 IQ (Player A.I. gets the maxium assistants at 100. This would make for the easiest player sliders to play on.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

CPU Sub-Sliders/ IQ( cpu skills doesn't have a main slider like player skills do)

0-5 / Rookie = 0 IQ(meaning CPU A.I. getting least asst.)
6-10 / = 149
11-15 / = 150
16-20 / = 200
21-25 / = 250
26-30 / Min All Pro = 300
31-35 / = 350
36-40 / = 400
41-45 / = 450
46-50 / All Pro = 451-599 IQ
51-55 / = 600
56-60 / = 650
61-65 / = 700
66-70 / = 750
71-75 / Min All-Madden = 751-849 IQ
76-80 / 4 = 800
81-85 / = 850
86-90 / = 900
91-95 / = 950
96-100 / All-Madden = 951-1000 (CPU A.I. gets the maxium assistants at 100.)
Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Yes and no. Some sliders are just animation triggers - or how far one player has to be from another to begin engagement and don't impact ratings. Some impact the button press timing you have to have (like Break Tackles). QB Acc doesn't just determine accuracy, but how bad you miss by too it seems.

As far as not going over 50 - maybe, maybe not. Depends on your overall sliders and how they interact. For example, if you have 65 run blocking and 55 run reaction - that might work just as well. It just changes what you put the premium on during game play.

Quote:

Which is why lower than 50 doesn't always work for everyone. Some people may not decide in the pocket as fast as others. Some might not see running lanes as well as others. Some might not get in as good position to tackle or if they switch players they might want/need the AI to get the player in better position. Sliders include difficulty as you said, so someone who isn't great at the game or certain aspects of it - they'll need "easier" sliders so they can still get an enjoyable and realistic (as in stats produced) game.

Quote:

But are they playing as they should? Lower slider settings might make the players not play up to their ratings. So it's pretty much the same difference as going over 50. Over 50 you're boosting stuff but if it's in balance and matches the user's skill - it can still work. Same for under 50 - your nerfing stuff, but if it balances out and matches the user's skill - it works.

And a lot of it is difficult because we don't know what these ratings mean in terms of representing NFL skill. For example, how fast should an 80 AWR LB react? I don't mean general labels like "average" or "quickly". I mean, how much time between him seeing a lane and him attacking it (or if he even decides to attack it - not all LBs are aggressive/can anticipate like that, which is why the ones that are tend to stand out)? How much time before he sees the hand off and he goes after the ball carrier? We don't know, it's hard/impossible to find this info on real NFL players - so it's hard to say - other than by looking at tackles if he's playing as he should, and tackles are limited in part because the engine itself doesn't reflect NFL skill in a lot of ways. (DL get tackles, but don't try to close gaps/create defensive gaps like in real life, for example)

Last edited by KBLover; 01-26-2010 at 12:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »