Home

Do Injuries Ever Last More Than 1 Quarter?

This is a discussion on Do Injuries Ever Last More Than 1 Quarter? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do Injuries Ever Last More Than 1 Quarter?

I use 100 injury and 55 fatigue.

I've had a couple of guys go out for several weeks. Landale White broke his collarbone, and Quincy Black tore a pectoral.

I get about 3-5 injuries per game, per team, which last for some of the game but not all. Cadillac Williams, for example, gets hurt every game, about 2-4 times per game but never really stays hurt!

I've had a host of guys lost for the remainder of the game at any given time.

I've had one season-ending injury

IMO, this is as close as I've seen to the real NFL.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamitchelljr
I use 100 injury and 55 fatigue.

I've had a couple of guys go out for several weeks. Landale White broke his collarbone, and Quincy Black tore a pectoral.

I get about 3-5 injuries per game, per team, which last for some of the game but not all. Cadillac Williams, for example, gets hurt every game, about 2-4 times per game but never really stays hurt!

I've had a host of guys lost for the remainder of the game at any given time.

I've had one season-ending injury

IMO, this is as close as I've seen to the real NFL.
i use injury slider at 100 aswell and it is very realistic IMO
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Going to have to try it. I just wonder if I'm going to get a dozen "out for a couple plays" injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Going to have to try it. I just wonder if I'm going to get a dozen "out for a couple plays" injuries.
idk, i guess. it doesnt bother me, so i dont notice it. players get hurt all the time in real life and play through it tho, so I dont see it as unrealistic. i just lost jason phillips for the rest of the season in my franchise
Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
idk, i guess. it doesnt bother me, so i dont notice it. players get hurt all the time in real life and play through it tho, so I dont see it as unrealistic. i just lost jason phillips for the rest of the season in my franchise

I don't know - I don't think I've seen a game stopped for that many injuries. I could see 5 or 6. Approaching 10+ would be a bit much, imo.

Maybe it won't happen, though, since I was using 77 Fatigue when I had so many minor injuries even at default 50.

I'm going to try it sometime tonight for a game or two and see what happens.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:33 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

First game of season two, using KBLover's settings (I - 38 F - 77) and I get an out for 4 weeks injury and ONE out for a couple of plays injury.
Game two and only one minor injury.

So far looking much better. Much preferring this compared to always losing your running back, various other positions and usually your QB for a quarter every game.
I mean in the real NFL Favre proved that he does not stay down. Just ask the Saint's D

I also noticed that on the Injury slider it says at the bottom of the screen that it adjusts frequency of injuries.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Tried Injury at 100 and Fatigue still at 55 - only 4 injuries. One to CJ late in the 4th quarter (Will return soon...but either never did or I didn't notice because I got one more 1st down and kneeled), one to Winfield (AI player) for 2 weeks, one to Vontae Davis (AI) for just a few plays, and one to my TE that was for a couple quarters.

The injuries to CJ and Winfield I think were fatigue related. The Bengals had just 4 CBs so I bet they were tired. CJ was wearing down in the 4th quarter. I threw him a screen and he was running hard down field, then tried to make a move and took a solid hit to get knocked out of bounds. I imagine he would have been coming out to rest after that even without the injury.

Beckam (my TE), no idea. Must have just been one of those that just happens. Same for Davis'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Tried Injury at 100 and Fatigue still at 55 - only 4 injuries. One to CJ late in the 4th quarter (Will return soon...but either never did or I didn't notice because I got one more 1st down and kneeled), one to Winfield (AI player) for 2 weeks, one to Vontae Davis (AI) for just a few plays, and one to my TE that was for a couple quarters.

The injuries to CJ and Winfield I think were fatigue related. The Bengals had just 4 CBs so I bet they were tired. CJ was wearing down in the 4th quarter. I threw him a screen and he was running hard down field, then tried to make a move and took a solid hit to get knocked out of bounds. I imagine he would have been coming out to rest after that even without the injury.

Beckam (my TE), no idea. Must have just been one of those that just happens. Same for Davis'.
see, i told you. i think think this is the most realistic way to have it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »