Home

Madden 10. Sliders/setup. Job of Devolopers?

This is a discussion on Madden 10. Sliders/setup. Job of Devolopers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Madden 10. Sliders/setup. Job of Devolopers?

Madden NFL 10

For many years now I have yet again bought a Madden game.

I think Madden 10 the best of the Madden NFL franchise so far.
However, it is none of these "k" things. You know.

For the first time now I use the slider setting option, and I am sure the game comes a good bit more realistic and ultimately makes more fun.
Nevertheless, it is none of these "k" things. You know!

But I wonder whether it would not be the job of the developers, to offer, in addition with the option to set the slider settings individually, some complete default pre-settings?

For example: arcade, simulation, balanced.

Otherwise this is a costly and time consuming work until your sliders has set optimally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Madden 10. Sliders/setup. Job of Devolopers?

While it would be nice if they would, it would also be nearly impossible for them to do it right. I mean, everyone has there own idea of what works and what doesn't. There would be more complaints than there are today if they did this.

To do it right, they'ed have to make a number of huge AI & physics improvements before they dare be bold enough label any sliders as "simulation".

If the game truely simulated the NFL, every average joe who played would lose every game. And that's not what makes for a fun well selling video game.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

They haven't balanced the game very well at all. They need to make it such that that average player doesn't throw a ton of INTs when they first start playing. As it stands today, INTs occur very regularly due a multitude of problems from slider settings to passing arc and psychic defensive players.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Icon1 Re: Madden 10. Sliders/setup. Job of Devolopers?

@ Valdarez,

thanks for your sliders. Great work.
Your work makes playing Madden 10 bearable.
Itīs a fine webpage your are hosting.

Unfortunately, my version of ESPN NFL 2k5 is not running on my PS3.
So I have to stick with Madden 10 now.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar
@ Valdarez,

thanks for your sliders. Great work.
Your work makes playing Madden 10 bearable.
Itīs a fine webpage your are hosting.

Unfortunately, my version of ESPN NFL 2k5 is not running on my PS3.
So I have to stick with Madden 10 now.
Thanks, spent a lot of time on 'em. Tried to get the game to play as realistically as possible. Still things we couldn't fix with sliders unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
Banned

One thing that really screws up sliders is what I call the "will of the AI".

With ever slider set i've tried, there's always been the issue of what the AI wants to let you or the CPU team get away with.

Making throws with anticipation is one area that is affected by AI will. On a slant route, say the OLB is moving to the outside and the CB is moving back into a deep zone. You should be able to make the throw just as your WR passes behind the LB moving to the outside. However, the AI will often counter your leading the pass with the Left analog stick and instead make it a b-line pass that forces the WR to stop in his tracks to wait for the ball instead of hitting him in stride. The LB happens to be right in this b-line and either swats or picks the ball.

As well, AI will will prevent you from making tackles in certain situations. At times when the AI wants prevent you from making a stop, they will cause your player to slow down, like their a force field around the ball carrier preventing you from impeding their progress.

This is where people get the impression that the CPU really wants you lose certain games. Instead of beating you straight up with good execution, it beats you with "AI cheese" that forces you to play poorly even though you've done everything right to put your guys in position to make a stop.

The only thing that overcomes this is sliders that are balanced in favor of the HUM. Which then means you'll wind up winning 14+ games a season even with mediocre teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »