Home

Default All-Pro

This is a discussion on Default All-Pro within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Default All-Pro

Playmakers,

Really haven't had to adjust too much... The cornerbacks are not mirroring the wide receivers (ala NCAA) unless the man coverage is close to the run route rating. It seems that everyone is playing true to their attributes. Im loving the CPU running game because I always have to protect my gap and if I dont they will find a cutback lane. So, I havent adjusted anything sliders wise but what I will have to adjust is the deffensive aggression slider. The CPU does too many 6 and 7 man blitzes allowing for a lot of wide open receivers and eassy scores. Unfortunately, Im going to have to control all 32 teams and reduce the defensive aggression slider based on Oreaon (poster from NCAA on Coach sliders). This will play a pretty fantastic game after that.

The one thing I love so far about default all-pro is that as long as you play a sim game (no money plays, changing defenses, no man-to man press all day, etc.) you can get a lot of value out of this game... More than any other Madden game before IMO
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think keeping the CPU offensive sliders at 50 is a good start and then adjust the Human defensive sliders accordingly until you see the CPU offense start to make progress in moving the ball.

Default is exactly where I plan to start at and then cater my defense based on the CPU's weaknesses on offense without raising anything upwards. If they can move the ball while being at left at default 50 for all of their offensive sliders then I see no reason why they should get any additional skills boost to their ratings.

Of course depending on what patches are released later will probably make any initial slider sets useless in a month or two.....that is how it was with Madden 10. Too many patches just ruin any thing you accomplished early on with sliders.

So default 50 is your best hope as a starting point
My issue is I can't figure out how effective each slider is because games seem to be random with the same sliders which is good but, the results vary so much that it's really hard to gauge. Maybe they'll even out in Franchise mode.

With some sliders one click is changing things pretty dramatically for me. Running is too easy on default but, just moving react and break block one click, running becomes alot more difficult. I'm talking 7 ypc vs. 3.3 ypc.

At default the cpu WR's are open all day and QBs pass for a super high percentage. I can't seem to get my pass react right. At 55 they complete like 30 percent of their passes. Just getting weird numbers. At 53 my DBs either get beat or break up the pass. No in between. Drew Brees lit me up for over 500 yards but only completed 48% of his passes. I think overall the patterns are too deep. Quick slants are picking up 12-15 yards instead of 7-10.

Based on the demo I figured I wouldn't move too far from default all-pro but the running game is too easy in the retail.

For whatever reason I can always get NCAA to play better for me. Don't know why.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #11
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
I am a Sim Head and I love this game... For the first time in 15 years i was getting blown out by the CPU on default all-pro by the patriots. I was Cleveland. the score was 28-13 at halftime with my only touchdown being a Josh Cribbs kick off return... Can't get anymore real than that. Loving it!!!
Im with you on this. All Pro Default plays just fine for me. I played a little bit of 10 so im not a veteran by any means. Out of the 3 games I played last nite, i only won 1 game. Liking this game so far.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree, I have only adjusted very slightly from all pro, with great results. I play 10 min accel, 15 sec.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

OVR: 5

I think all pro + game flow game plan plays great.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #14
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon14 Re: Default All-Pro

Default All-Pro works perfectly for me.
12 min - 20 sec off.
Bears

I get very different game "types".
Sometimes high scores and sometimes defensive battles.
Feel like rivalry games are harder to win but I am not sure yet.

I love it!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #15
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Well looking at alot of posts, it sounds like Madden plays great out of the box. Perhaps the best in years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I agree, I have only adjusted very slightly from all pro, with great results. I play 10 min accel, 15 sec.
This sounds like great news to me. A few tweaks, and I create my own sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »