Home

Default All-Pro

This is a discussion on Default All-Pro within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #57
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Default All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Maybe it's a fluke, I'm not sure, but it seems like with the game running slower, the cpu reacts better. On normal - and even slow - I feel like I can just burst past the cpu in the running game. Not so much on very slow.

It's a small sample, but I played the Seahawks with the Niners on normal, slow and very slow. All-Pro with 15-minute quarters and 25 second runoff.

On normal, Gore had 270 yards rushing on 23 carries. On slow, it was 230 yards on 23 carries. On very slow, it was something like 80 yards on 20 carries. Small sample, but that's a pretty big difference.

With that said, I'm getting good games on All-Pro, but I'm winning EVERY time. Games are close, but I don't particularly feel challenged on offense. I've been playing with the stock rosters, so I may try the downloaded ones to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I'm looking at tweaking sliders - which I hate to do.
OK, I wil try.
Thx!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:24 AM   #58
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6
Question Re: Default All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Are you using the new rosters or the rosters that came with the game? It makes a difference, defensively.
I use the original roster since I donīt want to restart my franchise.
How can it make a difference?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffan
I use the original roster since I donīt want to restart my franchise.
How can it make a difference?
I mess around with sliders till the season starts.

Anyway, many have reported in the main forum, including myself and Playmakers in this section, that zone and man coverage feel tighter or tweaked after the last roster update. EA can change the ratings on defense on a roster patch.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have been messing around with sliders since I got the game, and have found some too hard and some too easy in certain aspect of the game. I was just about ready to give up when I thought I would go back to basics and try all pro. Then I saw this thread and saw good reports of all pro, so I went for it.

The result was that I just had the best game I have had since I got the game. I used 100 threshold on slow speed. All other setting were 50 for player and CPU.

I played as the Titans vs the Raiders in the first game of my franchise. The final score was 24 to the Titans and 20 to the Raiders. My winning TD came with 24 seconds left in the 4th quarter. To say it was a nailbiter is an understatement. Here are the stats.

Vince Young: 108.2, 26/30, 219 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Jason Campbell: 125.0, 14/21, 180 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Chris Johnson: 16 carries for 67 yards, 4.1 avg, 1 TD, 2 bkt, longest run was 16 yards.
Darren McFadden: 12 carries for 45 yards, 3.7 avg, 0 td, 3 bkt, longest run 12 yards.
Mike Bush: 7 carries for 80 yards, 11.4 average, 0 Td, 2 bkt, longest run 35 yards.

I also scored on a 1 yard run by Blount.

The Raiders got no sacks whereas I got 2 crucial sacks on the final drive by the Raiders as they were trying to hail mary for the win.

The only criticism I have is that I have is that it was a bit too easy for me to pass the ball, as demonstrated by the high completion percentage for Young and the lack of sacks for the Raiders. As a result I lowered my qb accuracy to 40 and lowered human pass block to 44, so I will see how this goes.

Other than that it was great. What I really liked was that CJ was running all over them at first for medium gains, but then the defence shut him down From the 3rd q onwards. I also managed to shut down their run game by showing blitz on loads of plays. Much like real life football, Jason Campbell wasn't a mega threat once I started stacking the box, although he was competent and made me think about how much I should risk blitzing, especially with the speed of Heyward Bey on the outside matched up against my 68 rated cb.

Overall then, a realistic experience, made better by the fact that I no longer have to constantly mess with sliders.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #61
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Since the roster update, and reading this thread i've been intrigued by going back to default and playign the game. Surprisingly there's something to this. Granted i go with a high threshhold (80) so maybe big plays are contained somewhat, but i've gotten games in the single digits. Last game Jets @ Bills final was 7 - 6. I moved the ball well and got lots of yards (a little over 400) but on 15 min Q with 25 second runoff i was NOT expecting that low of a score. BTW i held the Bills to less than 200 yards of Offense. I liked that.

On the flipside with my Lions i have to have shootouts (of note, back on default sliders Staffords cannon is very noticeable compared to when i played with Sanchez.) because the D isn't all that. I truly think i may stay with default sliders.

I may try this Very Slow idea and see how that plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Tried the new rosters last night. Defense seemed a little better, but I didn't notice a huge difference.

Maybe my mind is warped, but the game seemed slower. I've been playing offline - as in I'm not logged into the PSN. But after downloading the rosters, I stayed logged in while I played offline. I ended up bumping it back to slow because very slow just seemed too slow.

I think I'm going to try to bump the threshold up to 100. I'd like to play All-Pro, but I also don't want to go 16-0 every season.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Tried the new rosters last night.

I was Packers vs Jets.

Total yds Jets- 260, Packers 263.

Packers were ahead 16 to 14 with over 3 minutes left.

Sanchez, on two different series, threw two long Int's. One was picked off by Collins, the last one, picked off by Woodson. Woodson's return was a thing of beauty. 90 yd return dodging in and out of traffic a few times.

Final score 23 to 14.

Rodgers ended up with 51% passing and Sanchez 59% passing.

I would say D is tweaked some.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I went ahead and started my dynasty on All-Pro. Only changes are:
Conventional play-calling
15-minute quarters with 25 second runoff
100 threshold
Very slow speed
Fight for the fumble turned off

House rules:
On defense, wait for the cpu to call its play before I call mine (to help even TOP)
One switch on defense once the ball is snapped

Beat the Seahawks in the opener 23-6 with the above settings. I outrushed them 198-109. Gore had 191 yards on 29 carries, including a 78-yard TD. Jones led them with 77 yards on 17 carries.

They outpassed me 160-125. Hasselbeck was 17-32, 186, 0 TD, 1 INT. Smith was 17-22, 133, 0, 0 (I throw a lot of short passes obviously). I had four sacks, which I think is a record for me on M11.

Very slow can feel sluggish at times, but I really do think it helps the defense. I'm using the stock roster for my franchise, not the updated one with the defensive ratings tweaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »