Home

Slider guys - Your work is cut out for you!!

This is a discussion on Slider guys - Your work is cut out for you!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Slider guys - Your work is cut out for you!!

i agree with the sliders...Allpro seems too easy. i think i'm on to something with my run sliders. I put the defensive run sliders for the human down to 5. I kept the tackling at 50(the cpu will still break a few with this )

on the cpu side i put the run blocking at 65 and the abiltity at 50. If you want to have at least 1 or 2 fumbles a game put the cpu fumble slider at 25.

now, you have to be smart on defense...****nning the 3-4 might be better , but you have to be smart. filling the holes with a linebacker will help but it will expose the secondary if it is pass. Its just like real football. you have to scheme right or you will get toasted for a big gain.

for passing i felt that the only adjustment is putting the cpu pass reacton down to 40. this will give you just enough seperation on curl routes and out routes. It eliminates the cornes having esp ( aka all madden settings)

for the human running game, put the defensive cpu run sliders at 15 and tackling at 50. The cpu will still stop you when they scheme correct but if you have blockers , you will enjoy watching running lanes form. this will be most noticeable on reverses, screens and special teams.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
i feel the exact same way. NCAA just plays the way I want it to.
NCAA is lightyears ahead of Madden from what I'm seeing so far. In NCAA you can actually make the CPU defense do something.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
I don't know. Right now the more I play, the more I think I see the potential. Then there is a part of me that wants to put the NCAA disc in again.

I don't want this to be a moan fest about EA, just want to get the slider ball rolling.
I feel like this too. I'm not sure sliders can fix the problems, especially with the defense. I'm thinking its going to take a patch or tuner like we saw in NCAA this year. I think these problems are minor (like in NCAA), but I'm curious if the Devs even see that there is a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #12

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I just feel that this game is tuned 110% out of the box for the super casual gamer. I get why they do it but we need some bad *** sliders ASAP!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 AM   #13
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

EA - "Simpler.Quicker.Deeper" .... Simpler all right. My dog just won a game on All Madden.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
EA - "Simpler.Quicker.Deeper" .... Simpler all right. My dog just won a game on All Madden.

Agreed with your comment and your sig.... Its frustrating that my fav Madden is on PS2 and 4 years old

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »