Home

Is this game all noobified?

This is a discussion on Is this game all noobified? within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is this game all noobified?

The passing game can be tamed with sliders but I'm yet to find a set that can stop me running for 120+ yds a game.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Jets
The passing game can be tamed with sliders but I'm yet to find a set that can stop me running for 120+ yds a game.
Highest rushing total I have recorded with my slider set was 109 with Maurice Jones-Drew, so with the right settings sim football can be achieved
Old 08-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
Highest rushing total I have recorded with my slider set was 109 with Maurice Jones-Drew, so with the right settings sim football can be achieved

Wow Mike, what slider set is that? I used your sliders, the ones on your front page now and I ran for 167 yards with Portis against the Cowboys.

Everyone needs to accept the fact that just like in the NFL, players are going to have those great games. Portis had a great game against the Cowboys and that happens in the NFL.

I also had a game with Mike's sliders where I only had 34 yards rushing against the Cowboys. Games are going to be different all the time, one game you might have a terrible game running or passing, the next game could be that great game as a team or by an individual.

I usually run for a combined 150+ yards with Larry Johnson and Portis, but I pound the opponents offensive line with Larry and use Portis for that little bit of breakaway speed he has.

If you have good knowledge of football, you will have no problems putting up good numbers in just about every game. Take what the defense gives you and you lower the chances for mistakes.

Yes this game is probably "NOOBIFIED", but you can fix that. When I have good numbers with my offensive players, I can then focus on getting good numbers for my defensive players as well. I love to get my LBs up in the double digits for tackles and I can achieve that by playing some zone and leaving the middle of the field open and coercing the QB to pass to a certain area I feel good about covering.

Its a head game you guys and the smarter players usually win.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechDogg75
Wow Mike, what slider set is that? I used your sliders, the ones on your front page now and I ran for 167 yards with Portis against the Cowboys.

Everyone needs to accept the fact that just like in the NFL, players are going to have those great games. Portis had a great game against the Cowboys and that happens in the NFL.

I also had a game with Mike's sliders where I only had 34 yards rushing against the Cowboys. Games are going to be different all the time, one game you might have a terrible game running or passing, the next game could be that great game as a team or by an individual.

I usually run for a combined 150+ yards with Larry Johnson and Portis, but I pound the opponents offensive line with Larry and use Portis for that little bit of breakaway speed he has.

If you have good knowledge of football, you will have no problems putting up good numbers in just about every game. Take what the defense gives you and you lower the chances for mistakes.

Yes this game is probably "NOOBIFIED", but you can fix that. When I have good numbers with my offensive players, I can then focus on getting good numbers for my defensive players as well. I love to get my LBs up in the double digits for tackles and I can achieve that by playing some zone and leaving the middle of the field open and coercing the QB to pass to a certain area I feel good about covering.

Its a head game you guys and the smarter players usually win.
Well he said he has never played a game with any slider set and been held under 120 rushing yards. I updated my slider set this morning and I have played 6 games with the Jaguars and I have averaged 96 yards a game with the highest rushing total being 109. So I am just saying sim gameplay can be achieved with the right sliders.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
Well he said he has never played a game with any slider set and been held under 120 rushing yards. I updated my slider set this morning and I have played 6 games with the Jaguars and I have averaged 96 yards a game with the highest rushing total being 109. So I am just saying sim gameplay can be achieved with the right sliders.

I played your set after you updated and I was still able to kill the Cowboys with Portis for 167 yards.

I agree, sim gameplay "can" be achieved with the right sliders, but not everyone can use the exact same slider set to achieve that. Even with my slider set, I can still run over good defenses with Portis and Larry Johnson if I set up the run with the pass or have very bad games on the ground as well.

Game results are going to vary and we all need to understand and accept that fact. We can't let 1, 2 or even 3 games make us feel like we need to change up the sliders. Play a full season and we might get a better feel of what do for our next slider set.

Once the patch comes out, all of us slider makers are going to have to get used to yet another nuisance by the AI. So I suggest that everyone enjoy the game right now until we get that new patch, then we can get more serious about our next slider sets.

But Mike, good sliders nevertheless as are all the others I have tried. Each slider set will undoubtedly appeal to the right people and make it more enjoyable to play Madden.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone ever thought maybe the reason rushing totals are so high is because everyone keeps making sliders for slow speed settings. the running game is based around following blockers so it just stands to reason when you slow the game down following blockers becomes easier and takes a lot of the human factor out.
Im not trying to saying they dont work im sure they are very good sliders but ive found i enjoy a faster pace so the game doesnt feel like such a grindfest. I play on fast sliders i tried Very fast but couldnt get them to work. so i switched to fast with 0 threshhold. At the faster pace for me to break 100 yards i have to hit holes perfectly and set it up with the pass playing the Bears. My Per carry average is at 3.8 which is .4 below last years Nfl's per carry average of 4.22. Also i might mention that last year the Jets averaged around 172 yards per game on the ground so its not unprescidented to have such large rushing totals.

The fact remains as long as Madden keeps putting out workable sliders we can tailor them to whatever we want. It might take 3 months but hell what else do we got going on right lol.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awetzel
Anyone ever thought maybe the reason rushing totals are so high is because everyone keeps making sliders for slow speed settings. the running game is based around following blockers so it just stands to reason when you slow the game down following blockers becomes easier and takes a lot of the human factor out.
Im not trying to saying they dont work im sure they are very good sliders but ive found i enjoy a faster pace so the game doesnt feel like such a grindfest. I play on fast sliders i tried Very fast but couldnt get them to work. so i switched to fast with 0 threshhold. At the faster pace for me to break 100 yards i have to hit holes perfectly and set it up with the pass playing the Bears. My Per carry average is at 3.8 which is .4 below last years Nfl's per carry average of 4.22. Also i might mention that last year the Jets averaged around 172 yards per game on the ground so its not unprescidented to have such large rushing totals.

The fact remains as long as Madden keeps putting out workable sliders we can tailor them to whatever we want. It might take 3 months but hell what else do we got going on right lol.
My beliefs as well. I play on very fast because it just feels right for me. When running the ball those running lanes are only supposed to stay opened for so long, just like in real life.

Some guys have rushed for 200 yards with my sliders, but I think its because they play on slow or normal speeds. To me those speeds serve the game no justice. Play a game, then watch a game on tv, no way do games on Madden compare to the speed you are seeing on the real game.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »