Home

Issues with CPU Run line OL/DL play...

This is a discussion on Issues with CPU Run line OL/DL play... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Issues with CPU Run line OL/DL play...

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, I just didn't know the best place to put it. I thought the slider forum might be the best. Anyway, I've been noticing something pretty consistently that I haven't seen any of the slider makers speak of. It involves the CPU running the ball.

Doesn't matter where I put the sliders, what team I choose, what team I play against... every run play I notice that my DL gets pushed back 3-4 by the CPU OL. I mean, you look at the replay and the RB is not even getting touched until he's already 3+ yards into the play. Even worse, there are times all 4 of my DLmen get pushed on their backs.

Again, I've tried lowering the CPU run block. All that does is make to where the DL just swim move there way right through the OL consistently. Because of that, a normal run play (dive, lead, etc) turn into a pseudo draw as my DLmen are way out of position.

I raise the CPU blocking back up and mess with HUMAN Run D sliders and it's better, but again, my DL is always getting pushed backwards. They do end up getting free sooner with those tweaks. But, not EVERY play should have the DL getting pushed backwards. I can understand if it's a weak DLman and/or a good OLman. But, I'm sorry, Mario Williiams shouldn't be getting pushed back 3 yds every play, no matter who he's up against.

But, no matter what, whether the CPU is running the ball well or not... there is ALWAYS one or two plays every game where the RB gets the handoff, runs between the tackles, never gets touched on the way for a long TD run, or gets to the 2nd-3rd level, breaks one tackle and takes off again untouched.

It looks like most, if not all, the slider sets i see on here have the CPU run sliders turned way up. Based on my experience, that freaking scares me to even try because I don't think the CPU RB could ever get stopped.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Issues with CPU Run line OL/DL play...

I agree. Last year, the CPU couldn't run at all on default so all the sliders were set to make the CPU better at running. This year, Tiburon definitely tweaked it so I'm wondering if all the sliders makers are still working off of last year's sliders and adjusting them only slightly and basically are still correcting a problem (CPU rushing ineffectiveness) that no longer exists.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »