Home

Base 10 Slider Experiment

This is a discussion on Base 10 Slider Experiment within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Base 10 Slider Experiment

Okay, I guess it is just me as a player, but I haven't been able to get realistic stats from default sliders or from Mike's sliders. Mainly for two reasons, one being that I can't seem to beat the robo QB with any sort of pass rush and two, I cant for the life of me get any sort of running game going.

So I thought about it and I remember how a big thing to do in the 2K series was to set the sliders at 0 and figure everything out from there. Problem being that I was already having problems with completing passes, due to drops and bad throws, with Mike's sliders, which are set about about 30 respectively.

My plan on these are that since they start off low, I won't lower any sliders, only raise them in small increments after every half of a game. I am going to make notes during the game and post them here so people can kind of know what I am seeing and maybe give suggestions.

So here is goes.
Game 1
13 minute quarters
25 second runoff
Injuries - 43
Fatigue - 55
Player Min Threshold - 89

DAL vs NE (me)
First Half
All sliders set to 10

-Dallas, Missed FG
-NE, Drag to Moss with broken tackle for a long TD
-Dallas, ball tipped at LOS but still caught for a 1 yard gain
-NE, dropped pass from Welker after being hit
-Dallas, missed INT from NE player after being hit in the helmet by the ball
-Dallas, dropped pass by Bennet after being hit
-Dallas, TD after blown 1on1 coverage on the 7 yard line
-NE, INT by linebacker over the middle of the field
-Dallas, dropped pass by Williams
-Dallas, sloppy pass while being hit by Romo completed to Witten
-Dallas, Romo is hit but broke the tackle and runs for the first
-Dallas, TD by Anderson after the went into the flats uncovered
-Dallas, missed XP
NE, dropped pass by Welker on drag route
NE, Missed pass by Brady to a wide open Holt on a drag route
NE, Brady hit after a PA causing a bad pass to a open Gronkowski
Half score - 13-13

Halftime Stats, Dallas - New England
Score, 13-13
Offense, 181-219
Rushing, 18-23
Passing, 163-196
First Downs, 8-10
Turnovers, 0-1
3rd Down, 71%-42%
Red Zone, 66%-100%
TOP, 16:25-9:35

DAL vs NE (me)
Second Half
Player sliders - +3 WR Catching
CPU Sliders - +3Broken Tackles, +3 Run Blocking

-Dallas, Barber broke a tackle for a 42 yd run
-Dallas, broken coverage TD to Williams after the cover man ran out of the back of the end-zone for no apparent reason (note: downfield blockers)
NE, dropped pass by Edelman with no contact
NE, bad pass to wide open Gronkowski causing a missed firstdown
Dallas, Romo takes off for 7 yards but fumbles and recovers his own fumble
Dallas, Romo has a broken tackle which leads to 7 yards, could lead the league in broken tackles if he keeps this up
Dallas, Barber breaks 3 tackles for a first down run
Dallas, TD pass to Bryant, Romo is king of running to one side and throwing across his body to the other
NE, last three runs have been blown up by a DT before the ball can even be handed off
NE, Brady with missed deep sideline pass to wide open Moss
NE, short pass to Welker leads to 25+ yd play, Dallas blitz seems to come unblocked
NE, toss play gets blown up from poor blocking
NE, goalline iso play blown up 3 yds behind the LOS
NE, outside TD pass to Edelman
Dallas, Romo breaks tackle for a 4 yard scramble
Dallas, definite INT is foiled by an OL getting pegged in the head (note: no penalty?)
NE, little to no blocking on slip screen pass causes bad throw, but still caught for 10 yd gain
NE, dropped pass by Crumpler after hit
NE, PA pass to Moss down the sideline, TD
Dallas, perfect run blocking leads to cutback lane for Barber to run for 10 yds
Dallas, run play blown up in the backfield, but saved after Anderson full on blocks Wilfork for an escape by Barber
Dallas, bad pass by Romo is one handed for a firstdown by Austin
Dallas, Romo is almost coverage sacked but heaves a play up in the endzone, knocked down by defense
Dallas, screen to Barber, breaks 2 tackles, fumble recovered by defense
Dallas, bad pass by Romo is one handed by Austin for first down
Dallas, easy dropped INT by defense
Dallas, blown coverage leads to easy firstdown by Austin
Dallas, broken tackle by Romo leads to another 5 yd scramble
Dallas, off throw by Romo is one handed by Austin for the first
Dallas, broken tackle by Barber in the backfield leads to 6yds (note: Injury eats last timeout by NE)
Dallas, 38 yd fieldgoal right down the middle as time expires to win

Game Stats, Dallas - New England
Score, 30-27
Offense, 453-371
Rushing, 136-19
Passing, 317-352
First Downs, 19-16
Turnovers, 1-1
3rd Down, 69%-41%
Red Zone, 83%-100%
TOP, 36:02-15:58
129 Offensive Plays Combined

Slider Changes
Player Sliders - Run Blocking +3, Pass Reaction Time +3 Pass Rushing +3, Block Shedding +3, Tackling +6
CPU Sliders - Pass Rushing +3, Tackling +3

Overall it was a good game with improvements needed mostly in the player run game and the pass rush on both sides. I am about to play game two and see if my changes did anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Base 10 Slider Experiment

This is interesting. I'll check back when you have something more concrete. In the meantime, I think I have the pass rush issue sorted if you check my sliders.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Game 2
13 minute quarters
25 second runoff
Injuries - 43
Fatigue - 55

DAL vs NE (me)
First Half

-NE, dropped pass by open Moss on 3rd down
-NE, 40 yd FG
-Dallas, deep post caught by Williams, corner didn’t even know the cut was made
-Dallas, touchdown pass to the fullback, should have been stopped but a bad clipping problem caused the defender to run right through Anderson
-NE, Malroney stopped in the backfield, I was beginning to think the player running was too easy but two straight runs blown up have veered me back
-NE, first down drop by Edelman on 3rd down
-NE, barely made a 30yd FG
-Dallas, another deep post over the middle by Austin caught for 48 yds
-Dallas, short drag route caught by Austin and gained 5 yds after breaking a tackle by Wilfork
-Dallas, broken tackle by Anderson lead to another TD
-NE, shotgun sweep blown up the the backfield, loss of 3 (note: it is funny to see 4 linemen hit a runner with all 4 blowing past their blocker)
-NE, Big I formation run blown up (note: see last note)
-NE, INT after a mistake by me, pressed the wrong button on a set of twin drag routes
-Dallas, slip screen by Barber and 2 broken tackles later leads to a 14 yd gain
-Dallas, 3 man rush gives D. Bryant enough time to complete his streak route and come back to the ball for a gain of 25 yds
-Dallas, 6 man blitz is foiled by perfect blocking and poop reaction time by the pass defense, 10 yard reception by Witten
-Dallas, defense is getting through to the backfield on runs, but run right past the runner
-Dallas, dropped INT with no one around after bad pass by Romo
-Dallas, once again poor pass reaction leeds to easy first down on a covered route
-Dallas, play after i typed the above message Romo threw a goal line fade to Williams for an easy TD as the corner watched the ball float over him
NE, hailmary pass is caught by Moss but tackled at the 2 (note: will skew stats)

Summary - Completely different feel from game 1. Offensively, the pass feel easy on both sides, but the run game is heavily leaning towards the CPU. Defensively, still not any pressure being applied by either team and the reaction time is just stupid.

Halftime Stats, Dallas - New England
Score, 21-6
Offense, 248-268
Rushing, 68-37
Passing, 180-231
First Downs, 11-11
Turnovers, 0-1
3rd Down, 100%-66%
Red Zone, 100%-50%
TOP, 8:14-17:46

DAL vs NE (me)
Second Half
Player sliders - +3 Run Blocking, +6 Pass Reaction Time, +3 Interceptions, +3 Pass Rushing, +3 Run Reaction Time, +3 Tackling
CPU Sliders - +3 Pass Reaction Time, +6 Pass Rushing

Dallas, deep pass into double coverage leads to an INT
NE, after a PA goes unnoticed a blitzer causes Brady to throws a bad pass, but Welker bails him out a barely grabs the ball at the 1yd mark
NE, Malroney gets with with an unnoticed facemask and pulled down at the 1
NE, Malroney goes into the endzone for a TD
Dallas, poor decision by Romo has him throwing into double coverage deep again, almost a second interception.
NE, PI call on a linebacker get a firstdown
NE, Brady misses an open Moss on a deep streak
Dallas, easy first down due to poor pass reaction time (note: an unblocked end seemed to run away from the QB despite being unblocked)
NE, run up the gut vs a dime defense gets blown up by three linemen with the same animation at the same time
NE, a 1on1 Moss down the sideline is missed after Brady throws it to the middle of the feild with no pass rush
Dallas, Barber fumbled after breaking a tackle, NE recovered
Dallas, Barber blown up in the backfield from a blitz, but after two broken tackles he gains 9 yards
Dallas, 25 yd run by Jones, (note: I am starting to suspect the offensive play is picked according to my defensive play)
Dallas, after being stopped short on 6 an goal twice, Jones runs right past Wilfork for the TD, and effectively the game
NE, deep streaks leaves Moss open, but his jump just misses the ball (note: misses after a clipping animation forces a corner to move Moss’ jump)
NE, a 1on1 Moss down the sideline with no pass rush, Brady throws a ball to what seems like the wrong receiver 10 yards to the left and behind Moss. INT. (note: may need a new controller after my impression of Brady)

Game Stats, Dallas - New England
Score, 28-19
Offense, 398-421
Rushing, 161-54
Passing, 232-367
First Downs, 18-18
Turnovers, 2-2
3rd Down, 77%-58%
Red Zone, 100%-75%
TOP, 24:28-27:32
121 Offensive Plays Combined

Slider Changes
Player Sliders - +5 QB Accuracy, +2 Broken Tackles, +3 Run Blocking, +5 Pass Rushing, +3 Run Reaction Time
CPU Sliders - +3 WR Catching, +4 Pass Reaction Time, +6 Pass Rushing, -2 Block Shedding (I didn’t wanna go below 10, but it was needed)

Okay, good game over all. It had its hiccups, but the second half was very solid. I made some major changes on the pass rushing to try to get some pressure, but they may not be permanent. I am getting the perfect amount of plays in, and I am sure once I can get a run game going the game will play even better.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Starting Sliders

Game 3
13 minute quarters
25 second runoff
Injuries - 43
Fatigue - 55
QB Accuracy - 15 / 10
Pass Blocking - 10 / 10
WR Catching - 13 / 13
Broken Tackles - 12 / 13
Run Blocking - 22 / 13
Fumbles - 10 / 10
Reaction Time - 19 / 17
Interceptions - 12 / 10
Pass Rushing - 21 / 25
Reaction Time - 16 / 10
Block Shedding - 13 / 8
Tackling - 19 / 13

MIN vs NO (me)
First Half

MIN, Berrian dropped pass with tight coverage
MIN, Favre throws 70 yds into the hands of an untouched Harvin, TD
NO, Roby fumbles the kickoff into the hands of the defense
MIN, untouched 12 yd run up the gut by Peterson, TD
NO, Roby fumbles the kickoff into the hands of the defense, again
MIN, Berrian catches a drag route and fumbles, MIN challenges and the play is overturned
MIN, Gerhardt hit in the backfield, but pushes his way into the endzone
NO, in shotgun vs a two man rush on a quick out route, Brees is hit and throws a bad throw
MIN, 20 yd FG
NO, the MIN blitzing is making the NO blocking look silly
NO, uncovered Bush drops a lobbed 10 yard pass (If it wasn’t for the sliders I would quit)
MIN, drives down the field with god like passing
MIN, Favre TD pass, making the NO defensive unit look stupid
NO, interception on a deep post, my bad
MIN, Favre over throws a wide open receiver on third down
MIN, missed FG caught by Bush, runs to the 20 but fumbles, NO recovers
NO, dropped pass by Thomas with no one around
MIN, receivers seem like men amongst kids, Johnson made Sharper looks stupid and breaks three tackles to get top the NO 10
MIN, 30 yd FG

Summary - I honestly didn’t care about the game when I was starting the game behind 21 to nothing before my offense touched the field. This game is making me feel stupid. I feel like I am playing a machine to where the only time Favre has had an incompletion is where he just over threw his open receiver. Robo QB is back and ready to play. I really am beginning to feel like this game is broken.
Since the game is over I am trying to see what 75 Pass Rushing would do

Halftime Stats, Minnesota - New Orleans
Score, 34-0
Offense, 358-41
Rushing, 63-4
Passing, 295-37
First Downs, 11-2
Turnovers, 0-3
3rd Down, 77%-0%
Red Zone, 100%-0%
TOP, 23:49-4:14

MIN vs NO (me)
Second Half
Player sliders - +5 Run Blocking, 75 Pass Rushing
CPU Sliders - Same (they have been too good to see what needs to change)

NO, PA with an uncovered Bush running a wheel route, 90 yd TD
MIN, Favre looks uncomfortable and rushes three passes in a row despite only being hit once
NO, Brees throws to a quick out route but misses and the throws was backwards, fumble recovered by MIN, this game is horse ****
MIN, Kleinsasser, broke a Sharper tackle and walks into the endzone
NO, Brees drives the team down the field for a FG, but it is hard to throw when the defense down’t play the run at all yet still stops it
(note: I don’t know if this is noticed yet, but when blitzers are unblocked they do not go for the QB, instead they go straight and make a right angle towards the QB)
MIN, slip screen to Moats, fumble recovered by MIN
NO, first down dropped by Colston, no coverage
MIN, TD Gerhart, 23 yrd run with 11 of them being a falling down animation
NO, Henderson steps out on a long catch, should have been a catch if it wasn’t for his stupid animation (note: beginning to feel like this game just wasn’t meant to be)
NO, dropped first down catch by untouched Shocky, I am the most unhappy I have ever been by a video game
MIN, dropped easy interception, CPU offense is playing like they are human now
MIN, play after I typed how I like the realistic play of the CPU offense Peterson breaks 4 tackles and runs 60 yards
MIN, TD Gerhart, almost an exact video of his earlier long TD run
NO, dropped ball Shockey, same play as earlier and dame result but this time Shocky is uncovered
NO, Thomas fumble, recovered by NO (note: I am done running)
NO, Reggie Bush uncovered TOUCHDOWN!! no, nevermind he dropped it
NO, Henderson dropped first down after contact
NO, 20 yard fieldgoal
MIN, fumble on the kickoff, NO recovers
NO, 27 yd

Game Stats, Minnesota - New Orleans
Score, 55-16
Offense, 633-277
Rushing, 237-10
Passing, 396-267
First Downs, 21-9
Turnovers, 2-5
3rd Down, 73%-25%
Red Zone, 71%-100%
TOP, 41:30-14:30
139 Offensive Plays Combined

Summary: No really didn't want the ball considering they had 9 drops and 5 fumbles. The 75 Pass rush did wonders for the balance of the game, even when there wasn't a real threat it seemed like Favre was uncomfortable. The huge running games I don't feel where unrealistic because they happened when I have no blitzers at all. I need to find a way to get the Human a running game though.

Slider Changes
Player Sliders - +3 WR Catching, 45 Run Blocking, +5 Fumbles, +2 Interceptions, +2 Rushing Reaction Time
CPU Sliders - +3 WR Catching, +5 Pass Rush
Old 08-13-2010, 04:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Starting Sliders

Game 4
13 minute quarters
25 second runoff
Injuries - 43
Fatigue - 55
QB Accuracy - 15 / 10
Pass Blocking - 10 / 10
WR Catching - 16 / 16
Broken Tackles - 12 / 13
Run Blocking - 45 / 13
Fumbles - 15 / 10
Reaction Time - 19 / 17
Interceptions - 15 / 10
Pass Rushing - 75 / 30
Reaction Time - 18 / 10
Block Shedding - 13 / 8
Tackling - 19 / 13

MIN vs NO (me)
First Half

MIN, Favre over throws his first down receiver on third
NO, Brees missed Shocky, well, most like Shocky forgot to catch the ball as it went right in front of him
MIN, Peterson is taking off down field, but Sharper knockes the ball out from behind, NO recovers
NO, Thomas drops his slip screen
NO, 30 yd TD catch by Colston on a deep corner route
NO, drop by Henderson after contact
NO, INT after poor blocking causes Brees to be hit almost immediately
MIN, missed FG (note: for some reason MIN, in this game and the last, attempted a 57 yd FG)
NO, drop by Thomas untouched coming into the flats
NO, 3 yd running TD by Bush on a quick toss
MIN, slip screen where the runningback fell down so Favre just took the sack
MIN, drop on the sideline by Harvin
NO, Jared Allen is making his presence known, hitting Brees twice forcing bad throws
NO, Henderson beat bump coverage for the easy TD catch
NO, corner sack on Brees (note: the players line doesn’t react to a corner blitz right)

Summary - I can’t seem to find a good in between. Favre is getting hit too much so I am going to lower the pass rush to about 60 and see where that lands me. On offense I think I need to tight up the CPU pass defense, but honestly I think it is just the Saints offense being good because Brees is being hit and missing his targets, but the receivers are just making plays. Minnesota is running well, but they don’t seem to stick with it for some reason.

Halftime Stats, Minnesota - New Orleans
Score, 0-21
Offense, 111-216
Rushing, 68-50
Passing, 43-166
First Downs, 3-11
Turnovers, 1-1
3rd Down, 28%-66%
Red Zone, 0%-100%
TOP, 9:48-18:12

MIN vs NO (me)
Second Half
Player sliders - -3 Run Blocking, 70 Pass Rushing
CPU Sliders - +5 Pass Blocking, +2 Fumbles

NO, Bush around the corner for 15 yds
NO, Brees makes a perfect deep third throw to Henderson for a long TD
MIN, 20 yd play called back for holding
MIN, Favre answered back with a 50 yd bomb to Rice
NO, marches down field but it stopped and takes a 35yd FG
MIN, throw and pray bomb caught by Shiancoe, caught because I messed up my interception attempt
MIN, Gerhart 10 yd touchdown run
NO, Williams breaks through a double team to stop the run for the first, settle for a FG
MIN, run with Gerhart gets them 6 yds (note: I can’t figure out why Peterson isn’t playing, he isn’t hurt)
MIN, Farve completes 2 long bombs to receivers, one of which was swatted by a defender and caught by another reciever

Game Stats, Minnesota - New Orleans
Score, 27-37
Offense, 474-423
Rushing, 100-98
Passing, 374-325
First Downs, 8-19
Turnovers, 1-1
3rd Down, 33%-57%
Red Zone, 66%-100%
TOP, 10:43-45:17
125 Offensive Plays Combined

Minnesota quit running despite doing very well at it, and they also took out Peterson for some reason during the second half. That didn’t make too much sense considering he was averaging about 5.5 ypc. If it wasn’t for that the game would have been closer and the TOP wouldn’t have been so lopsided. It stinks that the Vikings didn’t do so hot because I got the right offense you would expect out of the Saints.

Slider Changes
Player Sliders - +3 Interceptions, 60 Pass Rush
CPU Sliders - +2 QB Accuracy, +3 Pass Blocking
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »