Home

Johns Jets Sliders for D and 2 player and my theory.

This is a discussion on Johns Jets Sliders for D and 2 player and my theory. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Johns Jets Sliders for D and 2 player and my theory.

Okay. I think we all know that sliders are a personal thing and that what works for one person might need to be tweaked for another. In addition to this, I think the team that you predominantly play with will also affect the set-up you need. With that in mind, here are my sliders, with a little bit of the theory behind them:

I like defensive games. I like playing them, and watching them. Madden seems pretty good this year but there's way too much offense. These sliders help to cut that down. My first few games with these were close and not ridiculously high scoring either.

Playcall Style: Conventional (I doubt this would matter too much)
Play Clock: On
Coordinator Audio: Off
Coordinator Subtitles: Off
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Accelerated Clock: 15 seconds
Camera Settings: Standard
Auto Strafe/Sprint: On
Injuries: 35
Fatigue: 50
Game Speed: Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties:

Offsides: 70
False Start: 70
Holding: 55
Facemask: 50
Defensive PI: 100
Offensive PI: 100
KR/PR Interference: 80
Clipping: 55
Int Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer/Kicker: 70

Human and CPU sliders. These are the same for both user and CPU, the main reason being, I like to play offline 2 player games with them as well so don't want a set that only works against the CPU.

QB Accuracy: 35
Pass Blocking: 25
WR Catching: 45

Broken Tackles: 45
Run Blocking: 40
Fumbles: 55

Reaction Time: 75
INT: 50
Pass Rushing: 75

Reaction Time: 55
Block Shedding: 55
Tackling: 70

Let me know how you get on. I'm intrigued how these will work for other people. Bear in mind, I made these for the Jets and it suits their strengths and weaknesses well although I have tried briefly with other teams and it seems okay.

It might be a bit frustrating getting the run going with some RBs but stick with it, over the course of the game it will open up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Johns Jets Sliders for D and 2 player and my theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Jets
Okay. I think we all know that sliders are a personal thing and that what works for one person might need to be tweaked for another. In addition to this, I think the team that you predominantly play with will also affect the set-up you need. With that in mind, here are my sliders, with a little bit of the theory behind them:

I like defensive games. I like playing them, and watching them. Madden seems pretty good this year but there's way too much offense. These sliders help to cut that down. My first few games with these were close and not ridiculously high scoring either.

Quarter Length: 10 minutes

Penalties:

Human and CPU sliders. These are the same for both user and CPU, the main reason being, I like to play offline 2 player games with them as well so don't want a set that only works against the CPU.

Broken Tackles: 45
Run Blocking: 40

Reaction Time: 55
Block Shedding: 55
Tackling: 70

Let me know how you get on. I'm intrigued how these will work for other people. Bear in mind, I made these for the Jets and it suits their strengths and weaknesses well although I have tried briefly with other teams and it seems okay.

It might be a bit frustrating getting the run going with some RBs but stick with it, over the course of the game it will open up.
Thanks! I am gonna try setting the pass rush well above the pass blocking for game 3.

Last edited by oklandr8rs; 08-12-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: didn't mean to post on your sliders, sorry
Old 08-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
Rookie

Another thing to consider with these is that I do like pressure on QBs. When I played NFL2K5, one of the things I was really good at was getting sacks. Probably way too many. I feel these sliders replicate that a bit. You really do only have about 4 seconds at the most to get the pass off and this is true for the CPU too.

They will occasionally get longer if they're trailing a game and are calling 5 WR plays and you're in prevent but I think this is pretty realistic.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Jets

Quarter Length: 11 minutes

Penalties:

Broken Tackles: 45/48
Run Blocking: 40/43

Reaction Time: 55/63
Block Shedding: 55/63
Tackling: 70/73

It seemed like the comp was struggling a bit so I made some adjustments for them and increased the qtr length to 11 mins. If anyone tries them, please let me know how you get on. I'm eager to find a way to make it slightly harder as although I'm getting close, low-scoring games, I do tend to win all the time.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 38

These look great for my skill level even Steve !
But John whats your Special team settings ?????
Plus Im trying them on 6 min no ACC clock as I need time to Audible .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
Banned

Hey john ,
Im having a blast and I adjusted my sliders for both Me and the Cpu as Running is really hard even if I audible.
I also will lower Hu Interceptions to 25 to start as I had to pick 6s against Rodgers GB and Me the Bears as Im winning 17-6 in the 3rd .
Overall I love the flow and PLAYER REACTION alot of risk reward if I get pressure on the QB for both sides .
BUT PLEASE WHAT ARE YOUR SPECIAL TEAM SETTINGS .
thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Banned

Well I won a nail bitter the best game of Madden I ever had and I have been playing since the early 90s .
The Highlights are too many to mention but I knocked GB Rodgers out on a made 2 point conversion By Briggs Chi and after leading 17-6 I was down 24-21 I came back twice in the 4th to re tie it and the last was on a Olsen curl which went for 70 yards which GB also got a pass interference which I declined but I could only get a FG after GB Iced me lol but on 3rd down I had Olsen again wide open but they got to Cutler as i was releasing , dang it ! But thats why I love these sliders , so close !.
So 27-27 going into OT and Flynn GB QB had 2 big 3rd down plays after seeing alot of heat and GB had it at my 20 but after two Bears Sacs GB now had to attempt a 53 yard FG but it went wide right with plenty of foot
I then marched down the field hitting Forte , Hester and Olsen again and lined up for a 36 yarder and nearly missed it as it hit the upright and bounced in WoW what a game .

Still having running problems maybe its me ? but when I did your adjustments for both HU and cpu GB Grant Did have 75 Yards on the ground but I had zero chance as Forte had 3 yards on 12 trys , so John should I lower the cpu rushing reaction instead of Raising my RB skill as the cpu D is in my backfield before I can even make a move even after multiple audibles , motions and trick plays .

Last edited by dorismary; 08-14-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Okay, first off, I've left the special teams sliders at default as I didn't really have a problem with these. Returning is a bit hard but I don't mind that as it keeps things tight, also, I did get one kick return for a TD so it is possible. Here are my latest settings, it might help your running depending on how it was:

Quarter Length: 11 minutes

Penalties:

Holding: 55 (you might get a lot of calls sometimes, but it's sorta realistic and it won't happen every game, helps reduce too many big plays)

Human and CPU sliders. These are the same for both user and CPU, the main reason being, I like to play offline 2 player games with them as well so don't want a set that only works against the CPU. (made some changes to CPU now so it's HUM/CPU where appropriate)

QB Accuracy: 35/38
Pass Blocking: 25/28
WR Catching: 45/48

Broken Tackles: 45/43
Run Blocking: 40/48

Reaction Time: 75/78
INT: 50/53
Pass Rushing: 75/78

Reaction Time: 55/63
Block Shedding: 55/63
Tackling: 70/73

As you can see, I've made it a little harder as I just wasn't losing at all. You might want to leave things the same if you're struggling a bit but it's somewhere to go if it gets to easy. I reduced the CPU BRK TKL as the Browns RB got 200+ and broke out of a 5 man tackle! Seems okay now.

As far as your running game goes, I'd suggest just practising a bit. Make sure you always aim right for the hole that's designed in the play, follow the red line that's in the play art. Is your RB meant to be any good? I use the Jets and find my run game is a bit overpowered so I've tried experimenting to boost the CPU defense.

I'd be reluctant to make the run game easier if I were you, stick with it for now and once you get used to it I think you'll find the run game gets a bit too easy too. Let me know how it goes.

Have you tried in two player offline? You need two profiles with the sliders set up on both, give it a go if you get a chance.

EDIT, just saw your question at the end there, I would say, if you want to change anything, do it on the CPU side only, so if the run game is too hard, lower their DEF etc. Don't change the HUM sliders as in HUM vs HUM games they work really well (from what little I've tried)

Last edited by Johns Jets; 08-14-2010 at 01:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »