Home

Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring**

This is a discussion on Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring**

what about a good high powered team vs. a bad team (Colts vs. Rams), what are the scores? I'm goin to try these.
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 08-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
what about a good high powered team vs. a bad team (Colts vs. Rams), what are the scores? I'm goin to try these.
I haven't played a high powered team in my franchise yet with the rams. Let me know how your results turn out if you do try it. I'm thinking about bumping the computer pass reaction up a few points.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #11
Banned

More results from a franchise game. 4th game of first season.

Rams 23(me) Seahawks 17 (cpu) **Game went into Overtime

Passing
Hasselback 19-26 207 yds 2 tds 0 int
Bradford 7-12 156 yds 1 td

Rushing
S.Jackson 20 Att 117 Yds 5.8 Avg 2 Td *Broke first big run of season, 58 yds
J.Jones 15 Att 42 Yds 2.8 Avg 0 Td

Notes:
Finally had my way on the ground against a team. Looking at the league leaders, I was in the bottom half in YPC. I was around 3.6 before this game, but was top 5 leaders in yards because I run the ball a lot. Seattle's run defense was pretty soft throughout the first half but tightened up the second half. I'm thinking of bumping the computer pass reaction up a bit, but I'm not sure because I have yet to play a very good team in my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

these look good - I think I'll give them a whirl this evening (edit:I'm guessing I may have to turn down user interception but we'll see).

I don't like to change my sliders too much either; a) b/c I don't want online & offline to be too different and b) I want to give the developers the benefit of the doubt somewhat.

I also like your approach to speed & threshold - the default slow makes the game way too easy and I think some other people are overlooking this and adjusting sliders too much.

Last edited by frankstallone83; 08-13-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
Banned

Yea there could definitely be some adjusting with interceptions and possibly even fumbles. I didn't concentrate too much on those yet as I was just really trying to get the ypc/completion % down. Let me know what adjustments you make to those because I could use some help in that area.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #14
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

got off work early...so -

I'm definitely going to have to change int's & fumbles, but other than that they feel really good. I really liked how the cpu played other than the turnovers so good job.

My first game was againt the cheifs so unfortunately I didn't have the best opponent. However they did have some nice drives but they botched them all in the redzone with 2 int's & 2 fumbles.

I think i'm going to put cpu fumble at 60 and human int at 35-40 and give it another go. i also will lower cpu block shed b/c i'm getting owned in the running game.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
Banned

Ok thanks for the turnover suggestions I'm going test them out. What team were you using that you couldn't get your run game going?

Also could you post some stats and scores if it's not too much to ask so I can compare to mine?

Last edited by aces01; 08-13-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
Banned

Results from franchise game 5

Rams 31 (me) Lions 28 (cpu)

Passing
M.Stafford 11/18 350 yds 3 td 2 int **Calvin Johnson lit me up
S.Bradford 14/20 209 yds 2 td 0 int

Rushing
S.Jackson 21 att 90 yds 4.2 avg 1 td
K.Smith 15 att 94 yd 6.1avg

Notes:
I liked how the game played out. It was cool playing another terrible team, and the game felt like a "which team was worse" and led to a shootout. Completely different feel than from playing a good team. It was mostly felt in the passing game. Staffords numbers are what they are because Calvin Johnson had two long catches in the first half. I don't know who my strong safety is, but he fell asleep twice and we paid the price.

Last edited by aces01; 08-13-2010 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »