Home

Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring**

This is a discussion on Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring**

Just wanted to share a set I made that has really made my offline franchise playable for me. I've been really working at this game's sliders to try and get the scores reasonable. I think that defensive struggles are the best, but I haven't found anything that works for me yet. I've played around 8 games with these sliders, and I've really been enjoying the game. It's been once that a team has scored over 35 points in the 8 games I've played.

I play a sim game (don't run the same play over and over), and my offense is about 50/50 when it comes to running and passing. I thought I'd share what I've been using just in case anyone plays a similar game. Even though it might sound weird that I have the human skill set at all-pro, I'd recommend just giving them a chance. They've really made the game playable for me, and I hope to hear some feedback.

Quarter Length: 7-8 min
Runoff: 20 Sec (if you take more time to call your plays change to 15)
Threshold: 65 (Fast is still fast, just helps limit the big plays)
Game speed: Normal
Fatigue: 40
Injuries: I keep at 50, but it's really up to you.

**Human skill set at all-pro** (Didn't think it would work either, but I gave it a try and I love it. To me it seemed like other sliders were changing too much, but to each their own)

**There are three sets of sliders here. I've made my own versions of what I think All-Pro and All-Madden should play like. There is also a set that I feel is in between the two difficulties. Hopefully you guys can find a set that fits your difficulty. I've created three because as I kept playing each set I became better and needed something more challenging. I hope you guys can find a set that works for you, and I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

All-Pro Set

**CPU Skill**
QB Accuracy: 58
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 48

Rushing
Broken Tackles: 18
Run Blocking: 62
Fumbles: 45

Pass Defense
Reaction Time: 70
Interceptions: 45
Pass Rushing: 44

Rush Defense
Reaction time: 72
Block Shedding: 56
Tackling: 62

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decided to make a set that is a little more difficult (thanks to sharp). If you guys are winning most of your games in the set above, these should make it a little more challenging for you. Human skill is still set at all-pro. This set can be described as being in between my All-Pro and All-Madden settings.

All-Pro 1/2

Passing
QB Accuracy- 68
Pass Blocking-56
WR Catching-48

Rushing
Broken Tackles-14
Run Blocking-71
Fumbles-60

Pass Defense
Reaction Time- 96
Interceptions- 45
Pass Rushing- 66

Rush Defense
Reaction Time-83
Block Shedding- 64
Tackling- 72

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This set of sliders is the most difficult I've made so far. I'm going to be starting a franchise with these and posting results as my season progresses. The human difficulty is set at All-Madden for this set, and I would personally use them for 8-10 min games with a runoff. If you go any shorter than that, it may be a little difficult to put points on the board.

All-Madden

Passing
QB Accuracy- 27
Pass Blocking- 36
WR Catching- 35

Rushing
Broken Tackles- 1
Run Blocking- 40
Fumbles- 45

Pass Defense
Reaction Time- 53
Interceptions- 45
Pass Rushing- 42

Rush Defense
Reaction Time- 46
Block Shedding- 1
Tackling- 58

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penalties
Offside:100
False Start:55
Holding:50
Facemask:50
Defensive PI:88
Offensive PI:98
KR/PR Interference:100
Clipping:50
Intentional Grounding:100
Roughing the Passer:92
Roughing the Kicker:92

Special Teams
FG Power:10
FG Accuracy:45
Punt Power:54
Punt Accuracy:90
Kickoff Power:20

It's understandable that these sliders might not work for you, especially if you play a completely different style than I do. With these sliders, the computer and I have been averaging around 4.0 ypc or a little less depending on what team. They've mostly been low scoring affairs so let me know what you guys think if you try them out. Hope they work out for you as well as they did for me, enjoy

** the edits i've made are in red

Last edited by aces01; 08-26-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring**

I'm thinking about making some adjustments to the computer pass defense. If anyone has tried these and has any feedback, I'd appreciate it. I think there's some potential with these but would like to make some tweaks depending on what others think.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Banned

Just finished up another franchise game, thought I'd post some stats.

Rams 16 (me) Lions 6 (cpu)

Stafford: 14-27 233 yds 0 td 1 int
Bradford: 12-21 176 yds 1 td 0 int

Jackson: 25 rushes 103 yards 0 td
Smith: 15 rushes 68 yds 0 td

I exited out of my previous game before I posted some stats, but I ended up losing 24-13 to the Raiders. I couldn't get my run game going, and didn't have too much success passing.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces01
I haven't messed with special teams or penalties too much yet because I haven't been able to find a core gameplay that I like yet. It's understandable that these sliders might not work for you, especially if you play a completely different style than I do. With these sliders, the computer and I have been averaging around 4.0 ypc or a little less depending on what team. They've mostly been low scoring affairs so let me know what you guys think if you try them out. Hope they work out for you as well as they did for me, enjoy

What do you think has been the key to getting a low YPC? This is my main problem with both human and CPU, we're deadly in the flats. I already have lowered both break tackles to 1.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
Banned

I would increase your threshold, it should help the running game a little and make the flats a little less dominant. It depends on what you have the rushing defense reaction time and block shedding at. I had to find a balance between the two so that it's still possible to run, but you rarely break a big play and occasionally get stuffed. Let me know if you have any other questions I'd be happy to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces01
I would increase your threshold, it should help the running game a little and make the flats a little less dominant. It depends on what you have the rushing defense reaction time and block shedding at. I had to find a balance between the two so that it's still possible to run, but you rarely break a big play and occasionally get stuffed. Let me know if you have any other questions I'd be happy to help.
OK that makes sense, I will try that. It seems like speed threshold is another one of those things - like passing in general and tackling - that EA "boosted" in this year's Madden for the "casual" gamer. I'm not resentful like a lot of people on here, I'm just trying to see what they did I so can alter the settings to my sim liking.

I hear a lot of people on here who don't want to mess with threshold too high, but a closer look into the game suggests this may be the answer. First, many of us are experiencing realistic stats and overall game feels, except for the inflated scores due to big plays.

A lot of people are saying they don't want to raise threshold and reason "if he is a 93 speed/acceleration guy, there is no way he should get run down by an 85 speed/acceleration guy" from behind...or something akin to that. But in reality, this happens all the time in the NFL. Offensive players aren't always at their full maximum speed, especially after they make a catch. They might escape momentarily, but are usually chased down. That's why you want to get big play threats into the open field, so that maybe he has a CHANCE of breaking one, not because you can guarantee he will outrun everyone for a TD every time just because he is the fastest.

For example, in this clip at the 1:35 mark, Eagle WR Desean Jackson (SPD 99, ACC 98) runs by 49er S Michael Lewis (75 SPD, 82 ACC) and then Lewis chases him down after he makes the catch.

Now this is just a rough example, I'm sure there are better..but the point is Jackson didn't completely run Lewis out of the stadium the way you think a player with 24 higher speed and 16 higher acceleration would. In Madden, Lewis would not have a chance against Jackson on the normal speed threshold.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Banned

I completely agree with what you're saying. I haven't had any problems with my threshold at 65, but it's all up to how you feel. There are so many different aspects that come into the game that will determine whether a defender will catch up to an offensive player or not. Speed and acceleration definitely aren't the only two variables. If this were true in real life, there would be a lot more big plays than there actually are.

A defender taking the right angle is a huge part of the game and will allow a defender to catch up to someone faster. This also applies to outfielders in baseball. The fastest outfielders aren't always the ones that cover the most ground (torii hunter, andruw jones). Another thing that comes into play is whether or not the receiver actually has to slow down to catch the ball. I'm an Eagles fan, and I know this happens a lot with us where our fast guys (Maclin, Desean) are not catching the ball at a full sprint. I haven't tried threshold at 100 yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. I think some people are just used to the Speedsters in Madden dominating, and don't want that to go away. Personally I'm not a fan of how speed has ruled the game for years because thats just not how it works on Sundays.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Banned

Just wanted to post some stats on another game I just played.

Rams (Me) Redskins (Cpu)

Final Score
Rams-28
Redskins-21

Passing
McNabb 18-31 229 yds 0 TD 2 Int
Bradford 12-18 178 yds 2 TD 1 Int

Rushing
S. Jackson 25 Att 102 Yds 4.0 Avg 0 TD
C. Portis 17 Att 69 Yds 4.1 Avg 1 TD
L. Johnson 7 Att 27 Yds 3.8 Avg 1 TD

Game was really interesting. I went into the half down 21-7. Haven't had a game where I couldn't stop an offense with these sliders yet, but McNabb was shredding my defense. I had to remember I was the Rams so I couldn't get too mad about it. They were running bunch formations, and it seemed to be confusing my secondary.

The second half was a completely different story. I kept on pounding the ball with Jackson, but Haynesworth is an animal which made it tough. I chipped away with a couple field goals and started concentrating on defense more. McNabb kept hitting his slot receiver so I ended up actually controlling that cornerback. I forced him to throw 2 interceptions (1 user) in huge situations and found a way to come back. The game was really fun, thought I was going to get blown out after that first half but just stuck with it. Jackson broke out a 24 yd run at the end of the game or else his YPC would have been significantly lower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »