Home

My feeble attempt at sliders

This is a discussion on My feeble attempt at sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Out of the Park Baseball 23 Review: Newcomers Welcome
AEW: Fight Forever - New Gameplay Footage and Details
How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K

Old 09-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: My feeble attempt at sliders

surprised your thread isn't getting any support dude. anyway i will give these a shot when my game comes in by saturday hopefully. found a good price on amazon. anyway, i remember you play ncaa 11 on default heisman and so do i with a few tweaks to run and pass blocking. bc we have that in common i'll go w these first. what have your final scores been like? i've never been too anal about stats. what i look for is depth in terms of games varying. i want to see 38-33 shootouts as well as 10-6 defensive battles, and everything inbetween. like in reality.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
surprised your thread isn't getting any support dude. anyway i will give these a shot when my game comes in by saturday hopefully. found a good price on amazon. anyway, i remember you play ncaa 11 on default heisman and so do i with a few tweaks to run and pass blocking. bc we have that in common i'll go w these first. what have your final scores been like? i've never been too anal about stats. what i look for is depth in terms of games varying. i want to see 38-33 shootouts as well as 10-6 defensive battles, and everything inbetween. like in reality.
Thanks, Gary. It's tougher to get those defensive battles in Madden like you can in NCAA. That's not to say that there's not defense in the game, it's just that when you play with the time settings, you get 120 plays and you're likely going to score 3-4 times in a game, unless you just have a really bad game. My scores have been around what I had last game, which was 35-23 Giants (me) over Texans.

I've only completed 52% of my passes with Eli Manning, while Brandon Jacobs is right around 5.0 ypc and Ahmad Bradshaw is in the 4.5 range. So, I'm very happy with those stats.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Played one game after Patch 1.03 last night and feel comfortable bumping up the difficulty a bit (see 1st post).

I lost 38-17 to the 49ers using the Chiefs. Threw 3 INTs and fumbled once. CPU defense has better awareness now in coverage, so trying to force balls into spots that you could get to pre-patch, won't work now. I found that out the hard way.

CPU offense is more of a threat now, which I think will really increase the replayability of this game. Gore ran for over 100 yards (around 5 ypc) and Alex Smith completed 14-of-20 throws, but most of them were very short, safe throws, so I'm OK with him completing 70% in that situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Moved the offensive sliders down one to 13. With them @ 14 I was finding it impossible to run or pass, as the CPU was flying around the field. 13 seems to yield the most realistic stats for me, so I think I'll stay there.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I think 13, 13 for offense and 14, 14 for defense is where I'm going to leave things until the final patch. I've been getting real good results the past few games with these settings.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I changed the Threshold slider to 40 from 50. Been getting good results from these. Now, the real test begins as I'm going to take the Cleveland Browns into Franchise mode and see how I do. Playing in the same division as the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens should make things very difficult for me.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I made an adjustment to the HUM offensive settings after the latest patch. I'm getting real good results with passing and rushing set to 12, while the defense remains at 14, 14. Remember to also adjust the CPU break tackle slider to 45 and CPU pass block slider to 40.

Now that all the patches are out, I don't forsee anymore changes to these sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 05:00 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why Dont U Juss Edit Your 1st Post & make All The Changes There??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »