Home

The NFL Experience - All-Pro for Advanced/Sim Ballers!

This is a discussion on The NFL Experience - All-Pro for Advanced/Sim Ballers! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The NFL Experience - All-Pro for Advanced/Sim Ballers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmedabounce
This was uncalled for; everyone is trying their best and reporting back to help us all out.

With that being said - this does highlight an important issue. Many people who have posted sliders have said this as well: "The game played well and the stats were realistic but the score was blown out of proportion by this big-play and that garbage-time play, etc."

My point is, this IS a problem. If we are trying to get good sliders that give us good games, then scoring should not be so easy. Scores getting blown out of proportion should not happen nearly as much as it does. Scores should reflect the stats/game feel from the slider sets that we have put so much time into fine-tuning.

Every time I think I have a decent slider set, or the game is going well into the second half-BOOM! An onslaught of big plays/scoring. 10-6 games midway through the third should not consistently end up being 31-27 games. Big plays happen way too easily, and its hard to make both the human and the CPU throw more of a short passing game. Making the passing game more difficult via sliders almost always results in lower QB accuracy numbers. I'm actually thinking of maximizing pass rush and minimizing pass blocking, and then turning UP the QB accuracy (most have it turned down), and WR catch, but I doubt this will work the way I intend. I'm thinking of raising speed threshold somewhere into the 75 range as well...it just seems like receivers are way too deadly in the flats; another obstacle in trying to accomplish a short passing game.
Lowering the Fatigue slider helps with this. I've found that my run opened up in the 4th qtr, as it should, but way too much. Lowering it has reduced this effect. It might be the same for DBs etc but I'm not sure.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #34
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

CIN (CPU) 42 - BAL (ME) 35

Passing:

Palmer 15-24 for 245 yards (62%) and 5 TD's (including a tackle-eligible!!!) with 1 INT.
Flacco 22-33 for 288 yards (66%) and 2 TD with 2 INT (including one on the drive to try to tie the game)

Rushing:

Rice 21/101 (4.2) with 2 TD - Long of 20. Fumbled.
McGahee had 5 for 42 yards, and Parmele and McClain had 2 and 1, respectively for 29 total carries.

Benson 19/122 (6.4) 0 TD. Long of 20.
Bernard Scott had 7 carries for 51 yards as well, with a long of 26.

With kicking plays I had 124 total plays with 10 minute quarters.

EDIT: for those wondering about the speed threshold, Antwan Odom returned a fumble 89 yards this game at 6'5, 280. No one came close to catching him. I'll probably be starting my Lions franchise later and you'll be able to see video of me pulling away with Jahvid Best... or I'll link one of my other vids here... Both teams scored defensively, so offensively it was 35-28... I'm happy with that in a divisional game.

Last edited by pokerplaya; 08-16-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #35
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Is anyone else even using these? I'm not going to post a game report every game if its not going to be read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #36
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBon
Thanks for doing the work! Out of interest, why do you max out the speed threshold? Surely that hurts the realism, DTs chasing down HB/WR's
Honestly, the reason this has been tweaked is because of a very well-respected community member who I know does 1000's of 40 yard tests. When this poster says "these are their stopwatch times" he's right and it makes such a huge difference.

EDIT: and a thank you for trying the sliders and a you're welcome!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #37
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Lowered CPU Pass Accuracy back to 48. I gave 50 a fair shake, but 48 was the better setting so back to it. All other sliders remain unchanged, but I did make my first Special Teams change, moving FG Power to 55. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #38
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm still reading - I want to start my franchise soon, but I can't find a set I'm happy with. So still reading and trying things out!

Keep up the good work!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tried sliders out i liked em played 10 mins 20 sec accelaration (only difference between wat you posted).
Played Raiders vs 49ers i won 20 to 7
took an early lead in the first half with 17 to 0 bc of a big catch and score.
I had trouble with stopping frank gore which was nice to handle but they had trouble stoppin the pass rush. I had 8 sacks.
But overrall i like this as a base that should jsut be tweaked with.
And if the scores dont reflect the stats your getting bc of big play i think that would be normal. NFL players make big plays they are the best at what they do? So when you see your star player breakin a few tackles and takin to the house i dont think you should jump back into your start menu and start punchin in numbers for your sliders. But thats just an opinion.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #40
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blcknslver20
Tried sliders out i liked em played 10 mins 20 sec accelaration (only difference between wat you posted).
Played Raiders vs 49ers i won 20 to 7
took an early lead in the first half with 17 to 0 bc of a big catch and score.
I had trouble with stopping frank gore which was nice to handle but they had trouble stoppin the pass rush. I had 8 sacks.
But overrall i like this as a base that should jsut be tweaked with.
And if the scores dont reflect the stats your getting bc of big play i think that would be normal. NFL players make big plays they are the best at what they do? So when you see your star player breakin a few tackles and takin to the house i dont think you should jump back into your start menu and start punchin in numbers for your sliders. But thats just an opinion.
Thank you for posting your feedback, I greatly appreciate it! If your pass rush continues to be overwhelming, just tweak your Pass Rushing slider 5 points and give a few games. If still overwhelming, go another 5. The blocking sliders, IMHO, are right where they need to be. If you've read the thread you know that I tested and read a great deal about this and the blocking sliders only affect the "smarts" of the players as to getting the blocks actually engaged, and then it goes to the block shed/pass rush sliders to determine the block's duration. Glad you had a great game, and again - thanks for the feedback. I have been using these to play my Ultimate Team CPU games and getting great games. Had one game where I won 42-17, but then came back and lost my next game 31-30 against fairly evenly ranked teams (first game I was a 69 then found my receipt for the 20k coins and bought some packs) - played Cleveland first and mopped em up, then got beat by the Seahawks! Finally having great fun and not feeling the need to tweak personally (although I know others will have to).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »