Home

Madden 11 Custom Sliders by NYGiants4Natic

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Custom Sliders by NYGiants4Natic within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #41
Rookie

dakpak's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 11 Custom Sliders by NYGiants4Natic

hey oldman, i havent tried any other slider settings from the OS community yet, I found these first and have been enjoying them alot, wanna give them at least 10 games with diff teams to see if any glaring issues pop-out (none so far), but they seem to suit my gameplay style very well. Im waiting for Playmakers to work on his set some more, his are the best imo, consistently great each year in both ncaa and madden. Mike32Ownz sliders seem to be getting good reviews as well. both sets are getting alot of effort from those guys and feedback from many users, which is fantastic. im definitely gonna try them at some point down the road...

as far as difficulty, these are based off of all madden player skill, then tweaked some here and there. i do think they are tough as i have yet to win a game using them, but as i stated above they fit my sim style gameplay. im also not very good, but it's just a video game. i simply wanna enjoy my annual edition of madden, and i am certainly enjoying this year more than ever so far! btw Ive been playing for 20 years since the sega genesis days, ive played every single version of madden produced. yeah im an old dude

give em a try and share your results, I read earlier that NYGiants4Natic is working on some tweaks to his base set in the first post based off of our results reported here. but at least give them a few games before making any conclusions. ive had many varied games. even using the same two teams in multiple games ive experienced completely different results and stats, so i think that unpredictability is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #42
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Okay I tried these out, in my first game I am up 41-13 over the Titans with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Now I am willing to give these another try, because CJ got hurt in the 2nd quarter and that really hampered the Titans offense. Before I try these again though, I need some help with a speed threshold slider. Darren McFadden I just ran circles around the Titans D. He is currently sitting at 200 yards rushing on 17 carries! He is just way too fast for all of the defensive players. Another area is punt returns. I have Higgins returning punts, another player that can move, and he is running circles around the coverage. I only returned one punt for a td, but I have had a couple of big kick off and punt returns that have set me up in great field position. Any suggestions? The passing game has been brutal for me! I only have 111 yards passing with Campbell so far. Thankfully I haven't needed him.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #43
Rookie

dakpak's Arena

what is speed threshold setting? is auto sprint on or off? how many min qtr? dont know what to tell you, i would try couple more games, try diff teams. maybe you are just too good on the sticks running the ball? i also struggle in pass game with these.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #44
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Just tried these for the first time in a game with 10 min qtrs and 15 sec runoff.

I was falcons vs falcons... I do this because theoretically if you are using the game flow feature and these are a good slider set your stats should be similar to the cpu.

This game was really a tale of two halves. The first half I dominated. It was 28-3 at the half. I had almost 3 times the cpu passing yards and almost 2 times their rushing yards. I am thinking these sliders are way too easy.

The third quarter the CPU defense dominated me. They stuffed the run and my Matt Ryan just couldn't complete anything. They drove down the field for a field goal.

The fourth quarter things were flipped on their head. Their Turner was a beast. He moved them down the field with a few runs, then CPU Ryan hit Harry Douglass with a 39 yard TD pass. They went for 2 and got it. Then they kick off to me and I use my run game and play action passing to drive up the field for my only score in the second half. Their first play from scrimmage, CPU Ryan to CPU White for an 80 yard TD. I end up winning 35 to 21, but remember I was up 28 to 3 at the half.

So, in the end things evened out... but is that the sliders or the comeback AI?

Matt Ryan (Me) 119.1 295yds 48% 3td 0int 10.1 avg
Matt Ryan (PC) 108.9 241yds 48% 2td 0int 9.6 avg

This ended up being about as even as you can get, but again the second half CPU Ryan was unstoppable where in the first half he stunk.

Michael Turner (Me) 137 yrds 5.0 ypc 0 TD 0 Fumb 5 btk 22 long
Michael Turner (PC) 83 Yrds 4.8 ypc 0 TD 0 Fumb 8 btk 14 long

Again, pretty similar stats. The ypc is about where it should be.

Total Offense 469 (328)
Rushing Yards 175 (95)
Passing Yards 294 (233)
First Downs 17 (10)
3rd Down cnv 64% (18%)
TOP 24:54 (15:06)

You can see here I dominated every catagory. I liked the feel of the game... however I would like it to be a little more defense and a little less scoring, but the falcons don't have a great secondary so I will test this some more tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:51 AM   #45
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

Just did a game with these with dakpak's tweaks as the Giants against the Eagles. I like what I see so far. Game was very evenly matched, and just felt like a Giants/Eagles game.

NFL Scoreboard - New York Giants () at Philadelphia Eagles ()
August 18, 20101234F
New York Giants700714
Philadelphia Eagles0103316
Top Performers
New York Giants - Stats
Brandon Jacobs - 19 CAR, 115 YDS, 1 TD
Eli Manning - 12/24 170 YDS, 0 TD/1 INT
Philadelphia Eagles - Stats
LeSean McCoy - 19 CAR, 77 YDS, 1 TD
Kevin Kolb - 13/24, 200 YDS, 0 TD/1 INT
Team Stats Comparison
NYGPHI
First Downs1412
3rd Down Efficiency4-115-12
4th Down Efficiency2-20-0
Total Yards358367
Passing Yards152188
Rushing Yards152112
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-101-5
Turnovers11
Time of Possession24:2423:36
Scoring Summary
First QuarterNYGPHI
NYG8:58Ahmad Bradshaw, 27 yard run70
Second QuarterNYGPHI
PHI5:38LeSean McCoy, 1 yard run77
PHI0:00David Akers, 32 yard FG710
Third QuarterNYGPHI
PHI1:52David Akers, 32 yard FG713
Fourth QuarterNYGPHI
NYG7:14Brandon Jacobs, 1 yard run1413
PHI3:17David Akers, 35 yard FG1416

I missed 2 FG's with Tynes, one from 48, and one from 52. I was driving with less than 2 minutes to play and was around the Eagles 25 when i threw a pick with Eli. The Eagles ran out the clock from there to seal it.

Edit - 12 minute quarters, 20 second runoff.

Last edited by True Talent; 08-18-2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #46
Rookie

dakpak's Arena

hey True Talent, that looked like a helluva game, great stats!!! all i know is i never beat the cpu using these, i do find them challenging but not cheap ai in any way, only problem ive seen so far(**with all sliders ive tested) is big plays late in games, mostly in the run game. i think we need to address the fatigue and sub in/out sliders some more-i think the issue is in there, but we are getting real close with gameplay sliders. looks like this year there are several slider options to play with and have fun, solid games.

Ive taken a small break from these (waiting to see what NYGiants4Natic tweaks next with these sliders) and having solid games with celg35 and Jd_Seven high level sliders, go checkem out if you can, im currently testing them in some games. im winning all my games with those so far, but have seen some great player animations and gameplay using them. to be fair i think a set of sliders needs at least 5-10 games to get a true opinion on them...

Peace!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 16

Wow! I just used these sliders and they're amazing. Just lost 17-20 because the CPU kicked a last second field goal. These are the first sliders that field position is important, as not every possession will give you points. I think there were 12 punts total in the game between the two teams.

Note: the only difference was I played on normal speed with Mike's suggested threshold at 89.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:55 AM   #48
Rookie

i cant wait for these to be updated there pretty good an a few tweaks should make them even better an i can start a franchise without having to make my own sliders witch takes way to long lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »