Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

Well just got whipped by Miami....Couldn't stop their run whatever, and I was playing it 80% of the time. Ronnie Brown's longest was only 15, and he only broke 4 tackles. They were just blowing my guys 4 yds of the LOS everytime. And my running game was shutdown, with just a few good 10 yd runs. Most of my passing yardage came in the last qrt against dumb ai calls (super heavy blitzing vs 4 wide e.g.)

Wasn't much fun to play, but at least I lost, if that makes sense Made a few final tweaks for today in 1st post...

NCAA Scoreboard - Miami Dolphins () at NY Jets ()
, 1234F
Miami Dolphins7010724
NY Jets730313
Top Performers
Miami Dolphins - Stats
NY Jets - Stats
Team Stats Comparison
First Downs2017
3rd Down Efficiency5/116/15
4th Down Efficiency0/00/1
Total Yards405352
Passing Yards190269
Rushing Yards21583
Penalties-Penalty Yards
Turnovers00
Time of Possession29:2830:32
Miami Dolphins
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
C.Henne14/2218520
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
R.Brown221557.01
R.Williams9505.50
P.Cobbs6101.60
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
B.Hartline48020.02
B.Marshall23718.50
D.Bess22512.50
R.Brown2189.00
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
K.Dansby1100
C.Clemons900
R.Starks700
J.Odrick500
S.smith500
NY Jets
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
M.Sanchez20/3827210
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
S.Greene14513.60
L.Tomlinson7131.80
M.Sanchez2199.5
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
J.Cotchery77711.00
D.Keller57314.61
S.Holmes27135.50
B.Edwards22512.50
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
B.Thomas800
D.Harris700
J.Leonard800
K.Jenkins600
E.Smith500
Old 08-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Well just got whipped by Miami....Couldn't stop their run whatever, and I was playing it 80% of the time. Ronnie Brown's longest was only 15, and he only broke 4 tackles. They were just blowing my guys 4 yds of the LOS everytime. And my running game was shutdown, with just a few good 10 yd runs. Most of my passing yardage came in the last qrt against dumb ai calls (super heavy blitzing vs 4 wide e.g.)

Wasn't much fun to play, but at least I lost, if that makes sense Made a few final tweaks for today in 1st post...

NCAA Scoreboard - Miami Dolphins () at NY Jets ()
, 1234F
Miami Dolphins7010724
NY Jets730313
Top Performers
Miami Dolphins - Stats

NY Jets - Stats

Team Stats Comparison

First Downs2017
3rd Down Efficiency5/116/15
4th Down Efficiency0/00/1
Total Yards405352
Passing Yards190269
Rushing Yards21583
Penalties-Penalty Yards

Turnovers00
Time of Possession29:2830:32
Miami Dolphins
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
C.Henne14/2218520
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
R.Brown221557.01
R.Williams9505.50
P.Cobbs6101.60
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
B.Hartline48020.02
B.Marshall23718.50
D.Bess22512.50
R.Brown2189.00
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
K.Dansby1100
C.Clemons900
R.Starks700
J.Odrick500
S.smith500

NY Jets
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
M.Sanchez20/3827210
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
S.Greene14513.60
L.Tomlinson7131.80
M.Sanchez2199.5
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
J.Cotchery77711.00
D.Keller57314.61
S.Holmes27135.50
B.Edwards22512.50
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
B.Thomas800
D.Harris700
J.Leonard800
K.Jenkins600
E.Smith500

I'm still destroying the CPU on the settings I posted above.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a pretty solid Madden player. I'd never win any tournaments (nor would I enter them, I'm a sim only player) but I know football and I have pretty good stick skills.

Think we're both on the right track with these sliders. All sliders have to be adjusted to both the user, and somewhat the team the user is playing with.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 08-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
Pro

Added Penalty sliders to 1st post. Also rebalanced the run game for both sides, and upped cpu int. On an average basis, the ai runs very well this year without that much help, and more importantly, it sticks with it. Also added some reasoning behind sliders to said 1st post.

I was only generally testing games to half time today (sick of playing Miami), but I still managed to be down at the half, in the 1st 3 games of the day, mainly due to an unstoppable running attack. This balanced out in a few later half games, where I stopped their run much better.

I've always talked about the random element of each game. Call it a randomizer, fiddle factor whatever you will, every game, certain aspects get a universal boost/nerf for the whole game. This is why in certain games, with exactly the same parameters, it's easy to run, then in others it isn't, calling the same plays against the same teams and D plays. It's necessary, otherwise games would feel the same.

This is why you need to keep so many parameters the same for testing purposes, e.g. same Team Matchup, same weather etc.

Anyways, I hope I'm not talking to myself here (Brazzen nonewithstanding). There do seem to be more decent slider sets early on this year, than last year.

Anyone who tried my sliders last year, or anyone new, pls try these and give me some feedback. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
I'm still destroying the CPU on the settings I posted above.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a pretty solid Madden player. I'd never win any tournaments (nor would I enter them, I'm a sim only player) but I know football and I have pretty good stick skills.

Think we're both on the right track with these sliders. All sliders have to be adjusted to both the user, and somewhat the team the user is playing with.
Yeah, I've actually realised today, that if you run with a wiggling of the left stick, defenders start having difficulty knowing where you are. It's like your RB has suddenly deployed some Klingon Cloaking system.

It's horrible, and I refuse to run like that, as NO-ONE has ever run like that IRL. I'm guessing the reason is something to do with locomotion. The ai defender notices a slight change in the direction of the ballcarrier, and goes to adjust, but locomotion slows him down/brings him to a halt, and then the cycle repeats on the next wiggle. The end result, is defenders who sometimes seem routed to the spot, and/or have no idea how to tackle someone only a couple of yards away.

I'm also getting a bit sick of the ais overblitzing, not that I try to take advantage of it. If you get a lead especially, it seems to think that sending 6,7 even 8 men every down is a sound game strategy.

Oh well, it has overall improved on a lot of little things from last year...I'm wondering what effect the patch(es) will have this year.....
Old 08-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

I've played another game or two but haven't been able to finish them. Still too high scoring.

I'm not trying to fake out the cpu by wiggling the left stick or anything. Like I said, I'm a sim player otherwise I wouldn't worry about stat accurate sliders. I do think I know what you're talking about with that though. Sometimes just running through a hole you will need to wiggle in and out, but using the juke move isn't necessarily the way to do it. A lot faster and easier to use the left stick to hit the holes, juke move is better for making someone miss in the open field.

I dont know, the game just isn't keeping me interested this year. Probably feels too much like last years game, not enough differences / improvements.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Dolphins werent able to run against my panthers until I made the changes. They were averaging 2.5 ypc. Ended the game with 4.5 ypc. Part of that was play calling.

I like the harder run settings because it makes you call run stopping defenses in order to really stop it. That opens up the pass for the cpu, because it isn't particularly easy for them to pass. This is actually very realistic to have to bring 8 into the box to stop the run. Rarely is it stopped with 7 in the box. Once I started getting my running game going the cpu had safeties up in my face the rest of the game. That's when I was hitting Smith on some big plays in 1 on 1 coverage.

CPU does give away extra points at the end of games by going for it. That was part of the 35-0 game I had. I believe I had a pick 6 in that game also.

May have to up cpu interceptions to 35. I haven't throw one yet, but had plenty clank off their hands which could've been ints. Some of my picks were cpu, I believe 1 was user.

Hope this helps! Sleep time for me now too
YES!!!

I knew you would do them lol.

Just got the game, try to plug these in tonight.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #15

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Loved the first game I played with these. Going to test more of a high powered match up this time.

(played with your sliders last year and they were my choice)... glad to see you came back!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
YES!!!

I knew you would do them lol.

Just got the game, try to plug these in tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Loved the first game I played with these. Going to test more of a high powered match up this time.

(played with your sliders last year and they were my choice)... glad to see you came back!!
Let me know how it goes guys

They aren't particularly hard sliders atm, but produce quite realistic gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »