Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

Drew,

Should have listened to you.. lol

15 min quarters work so much better. Its like if you lower the clock the CPU gets a boast to score quicker and in the end they play better than they should.

Started Falcon franchise on 15 min quarters and 2 games in excellent results and stats

Game 1
Typical Steelers D gets them out of tight spot

Falcons 17 - 23 Steelers

Key stats
Big Ben 16/29 276 INT
Mendenhall 20 for 110 2TD
Turner 20 for 110 1 TD

Ryan had a mare so could not convert the 5 turn overs I got. 37 QB Rating

Total Plays = 129

Game 2

Cardinals 10 - 44 Falcons

Key Stats

Poor cardinals ran into the burner.

Turner 30 for 153 3TD
Wells 19 for 82
Ryan 13/28 239 2TD
Anderson 19/39 INT

(tip stop using hit stick so much on D, it aint like it used to be lol)

Total Plays = 133

I know this is about sliders and again great work, but just something that happened which was very funny. I punted too far and it was heading for a touchback, I ran my CB after it and just before it crossed the line i jumped with the CB for a laugh to catch it and he batted it backwards 2 yrds so it stopped on the 3yrd line.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
Like I said in a previous post, Matt Ryan had a crazy game against me but then had average games the two after that. I chalked the one random game up to "any given Sunday".

I agree with Cable, I've messed with Very Slow and Slow with these and they seemed alright. The only slider you might have to adjust a bit would be the defensive recognition sliders.
Speed setting surely must just change the speed of every player, in a uniform fashion. I can't believe it does anything else. In fact there is no possible way it does anything but the aforementioned, the programming involved would be ludicrous and completely uneccesary/illogical. The only random therefore, is the player skill, to adjust to a faster or slower overall game. Folks who are making different slider settings, for diferent game speeds, I'm afraid are kidding themselves. Yes the threshold matters, but the gamespeed is just player skill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Drew,

Should have listened to you.. lol

15 min quarters work so much better. Its like if you lower the clock the CPU gets a boast to score quicker and in the end they play better than they should.

Started Falcon franchise on 15 min quarters and 2 games in excellent results and stats

Game 1
Typical Steelers D gets them out of tight spot

Falcons 17 - 23 Steelers

Key stats
Big Ben 16/29 276 INT
Mendenhall 20 for 110 2TD
Turner 20 for 110 1 TD

Ryan had a mare so could not convert the 5 turn overs I got. 37 QB Rating

Total Plays = 129

Game 2

Cardinals 10 - 44 Falcons

Key Stats

Poor cardinals ran into the burner.

Turner 30 for 153 3TD
Wells 19 for 82
Ryan 13/28 239 2TD
Anderson 19/39 INT

(tip stop using hit stick so much on D, it aint like it used to be lol)

Total Plays = 133

I know this is about sliders and again great work, but just something that happened which was very funny. I punted too far and it was heading for a touchback, I ran my CB after it and just before it crossed the line i jumped with the CB for a laugh to catch it and he batted it backwards 2 yrds so it stopped on the 3yrd line.
Glad you're enjoying the game still I REALLY wish the Punt coverage guys would do that themselves though....
Old 08-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #51
Pro

Just found out that patch#1 will be released around 2.5 -3 weeks from now. This patch will address:

• Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
  • Generally making pass defense more effective
  • Reducing number of broken tackles
  • Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
  • Tuning injuries
  • Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
  • Improving play action blocking
  • Improving kick return blocking
  • Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
  • Random stability improvements
I've underlined the major points for Slider sets. Basically, this will break ALL slider sets from the moment patch#1 drops (unless the changes are really minor- even then, they'll all need to be re-done).

Therefore, even though my 1st post sliders are still quite rough, I don't see any point spending another week or so trying to make them better, only to have to then start again from scratch 10 days after that!

I'll still probably be doing some tweaking this week, but will mostly hold off until the patch drops....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Just found out that patch#1 will be released around 2.5 -3 weeks from now. This patch will address:

• Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
  • Generally making pass defense more effective
  • Reducing number of broken tackles
  • Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
  • Tuning injuries
  • Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
  • Improving play action blocking
  • Improving kick return blocking
  • Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
  • Random stability improvements
I've underlined the major points for Slider sets. Basically, this will break ALL slider sets from the moment patch#1 drops (unless the changes are really minor- even then, they'll all need to be re-done).

Therefore, even though my 1st post sliders are still quite rough, I don't see any point spending another week or so trying to make them better, only to have to then start again from scratch 10 days after that!

I'll still probably be doing some tweaking this week, but will mostly hold off until the patch drops....
I'm pretty sure these are all topics they are planning for the "second" title update. Ian said,

"In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:"

and then proceeded to list the items you have listed above. So I don't think we'll see much of that addressed until the end-ish of September.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hush-
I'm pretty sure these are all topics they are planning for the "second" title update. Ian said,

"In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:"

and then proceeded to list the items you have listed above. So I don't think we'll see much of that addressed until the end-ish of September.
Ah OK, must have read it too quickly

Since that's 5 weeks and not 2.5, I'll have to do serious tweaking; that's too long to wait.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #54
Rookie

That being said, I'm sure there will still be some gameplay adjustments that come out with the next patch. If we'll find those out before hand I haven't a clue.

The only down side to slider time of the year is that there's always a looming patch that can make all the work for naught.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 AM   #55
Pro

I've been playing Jets-Falcons all Night. I honestly don't know if it's possible to make decent sliders for this years version, as the "EA's Game Randomizer" is just so damn violent this year. What do I mean by that? I mean that with the same sliders, same conditions, in one crazy game, I got S.Green at 16/274 rushing b4 I started again, in the next he went 18/42. In another I got 10 (yes ten) sacks of Matt Ryan, the game after, he's untouchable.

Why the frik they need to make such violent changes between games is bewildering to me. Yes variation, damn yes. But when the randomizer boosts my Run Blk, and HB ability to such an extent, that it seriously wouldn't matter WHO I had running the ball,(probably even the kicker) they'd fall for massive gains, then WHAT is the point of players having ratings?

It seriously in that game, felt like everyone on my team had 150 RunBlk etc, and the D all had zero tacking. I don't EVER want S.Greene to have 16 carries for 274 yds mid way through the 3rd qrt with any sliders (except irl of course)

Bah.. I don't know what else to add....I'll keep trying....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #56
Rookie

I haven't gotten any more games in as my work load has been crazy the last few days, but from what I've seen the randomizing is quite out of hand. I think I'm going to move on to Rams (me) v. Ravens for 3 games and see what I get. In theory, I should get destroyed.

On a side note, I started watching hard knocks and I have to say I really like John Connor. How is he in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »