Home

Tuning Sliders Question

This is a discussion on Tuning Sliders Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Tuning Sliders Question

Hello all,

I'm curious as to how others know they have a good set of sliders. On average, I give up a lot of yards but little points, so I generally beat the cpu by 20 pts even if I give up 400+ yds. With those same sliders though I'll have tough rivalry (NFCE) and playoff games.

So what's the consensus here: do you tune towards general games or rivalry/playoffs? what would you suggest to someone who has a bend-but-don't break defense?

If it matters I'm playing with the Cowboys

Also, for those who play franchise: does anyone else have a problem with sliders that were fair in the first year too easy later on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Tuning Sliders Question

Hello Sir,

My guess, looking at the number of slider projects on this fourm_ NOBODY has a clue. Not being negative, just simply the truth.

We all are testing sliders trying to find the perfect set. Most are based on NON rival games. I am enjoying the game and trying to find a set that works best. Good Luck on your game and sliders. Have fun.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

By the release of say the 4th-5th roster update, many of us roster makers are going to have custom rosters done. I know I am going to bring down the amount of 90+ overall rated players in the game.

For QBs the awareness levels 85 and up gives you the roboQB effect.

On RBs I don't really mind this so high, but still, I do not believe any RB should be a 99.

I will be working on rosters soon and then I will again tweak another set of sliders. For now, I am working on 2 sets of sliders that work for me. They are not going to be for everyone but you might want to check them out.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 08-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've kind of noticed the same thing with regard to the difficulty. I play every franchise game on offense (I sim all defensive and return plays to keep the playing time down) and I've noticed in my second season how much easier the game has gotten, even with me tuning the sliders so things are more difficult.

What's really getting at me now is how poorly the CPU simmed offense is against my defense. I'm trying to figure out a slider set to make the CPU's simmed offense better, especially the QB, so the CPU can at least keep the score close.

I am enjoying my offense vs the CPU defense. I think I've got that part of the game pretty much set (for my skills at least).

I play on a slightly adjusted all-madden difficulty by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »