Home

Does anyone's sliders actually make zone work?

This is a discussion on Does anyone's sliders actually make zone work? within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Does anyone's sliders actually make zone work?

I love playing zone too. I play as the Skins as well and I have no problem with zone.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 08-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ive been playing Tampa 2 Defense 85% of the time for years now and never had a problem. You cant just wanna play zone ya have to have the personel to actually do it. I cant remember the last time my corners werent covering the flats lol.

Anyways thats my 2 cents
Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by awetzel
Ive been playing Tampa 2 Defense 85% of the time for years now and never had a problem. You cant just wanna play zone ya have to have the personel to actually do it. I cant remember the last time my corners werent covering the flats lol.

Anyways thats my 2 cents
I guess.....everyone is saying that the zone is fine, but EA has acknowledged major issues with zone coverage which is why they are going to patch it, so if you are struggling with zone (Like I and most of the rest of the community is) just wait a few weeks and they will have it fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 02:57 AM   #12
Rookie

bubbaman11's Arena

OVR: 4

I felt like zones were broken in the NCAA demo(not sure how effective they are after tuning files). I think they work fine in Madden. That along with the skating in NCAA is why I own madden(although it has its own issues for a different thread). Nickel/9 Velcro/Play the FS and cover middle stymies the cpu passing game all day long; Cover 3 (press) works the same with 7 in coverage. My issue is with the QB AI either tossing up prayers or dumping into the flats for 2 yards...where's the intermediate passing game?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

The zone is not really broken, I've only had coverage issues with the yellow zones. The blue and purple zones work well enough, so when QB's try to go deep my safeties are like

The yellow zones are usually assigned to linebackers or linemen, who don't react until the ball is caught as Mike said.

Usually on the Linebacker zones, I control one myself, but with the right sliders it can be fixed.

They tend to be alright a majority of the time when I use my sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »