Home

Sliders for Offline Franchise: Defense and Special Teams Simulated

This is a discussion on Sliders for Offline Franchise: Defense and Special Teams Simulated within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders for Offline Franchise: Defense and Special Teams Supersim

Hello,

Just thought I'd share some sliders that should hopefully work for those who only play offensive snaps using conventional playcalling. In other words all defensive and special teams snaps are done using the 'Supersim' play option. This makes each game last about 22 minutes or so.

Unfortunately the simulation engine is wonky so you may get a return TD every few games or so, not to mention INTs (not so much you throwing them but your defense getting them on the CPU). So some scores may seem a bit inflated from time to time. Not quite sure how to prevent this, but I hope they patch it.

Settings (User/CPU):
Passing (User Total = 15)
QB Accuracy 30 100
Pass Blocking 27 100
WR Catching 20 100

Rushing (User Total = 15)
Broken Tackles 7 100
Run Blocking 60 100 *Minimize the number of rushing plays with negative yards.
Fumbles 10 100

Pass Defense (User Total = 20)
Reaction Time 0 100
Interceptions 0 50 *Your defense will still get INTs during the sim.
Pass Rushing 0 100 *Your defense will still get sacks suring the sim.

Rush Defense (User Total = 20)
Reaction Time 0 100
Block Shedding 0 94
Tackling 0 100

Options:
Conventional Style
10 minute quarters *9 minute quarters works too.
20 second runoff *15 second runoff works too.
Injuries 30
Fatigue 65
Normal Speed
Min Speed Threshold 85 *Minimizes the number of big plays. Balances the Run Blocking setting.

Penalties:
Holding 40 *Blocks last a bit longer so drop this to minimize. Might get 1 or 2 calls a game max.

Adjust Auto-Subs how you see fit, however Versuz2 sub settings work nicely for me.

---

Here are some scores for the last 3 games played in the 3rd season of my franchise (excluding return TDs since I have no control over that):

Dolphins (90 OVR) vs Colts (91 OVR)
20 - 7

Dolphins (90 OVR) vs Bills (85 OVR)
24 - 18

Dolphins (90 OVR) vs Texans (86 OVR)
28 - 31

Stats over the span of these games are pretty solid. Nothing out of the ordinary. There were only 2 plays that I would call 'big' plays, both of which happened in the last minutes of two different games in the 4th quarter. My old trick plays that normally torch the CPU don't work as well on these settings so I'm happy about that.

Btw, I took a slightly different approach to setting these sliders (unless everyone does it this way). Rather than start from All-Pro or All-Madden I started with every slider maxed out so everything was as difficult as it could be. Then I started chipping away until I felt things were just about right to the point where I didn't feel like every game was a win.

Thanks - go

Last edited by gorecki; 08-20-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Fixes issue w/ cpu shedding blocks a bit too quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »