Home

Old 08-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
SLIDERS 101

I have found a wealth of knowledge here about tweaking sliders, and kudos to all of you gurus who have done the work and are willing to share.

As a little bit of a noob, though, it is also frustrating, because there is almost too much info, and too many often conflicting theories.

I find that just when I think I understand I read someone else and get confused all over again. I think there are others out there like me who do not have a fundamental understanding of what the sliders do, (e.g, does lowering the CPU reaction time slow the CPU or quicken it, etc) I have been told that higher is harder for the CPU, and seen posts to suggest that is not always true

Is there anyone who can point me to a primer---Sliders for Dummies, Sliders 101, Rudimentary Slider Theory, Sliders for the Non-Madden Student, ANTHING?????????????????!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Up until now, I thought a slider was a White Castkle burger. I need help, man

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: SLIDERS 101

Heightening the slider for a CPU makes it easier for the CPU in that area of play. That is true everywhere every time for the CPU if anyone else says otherwise they are wrong. Lets take block shedding as an example:Say you put it at 100 the CPU will completely destroy your O-Line and will instantly be in your backfield, But if you moved the slider to the left and lower it then that decreases the CPU's ability and they will be unable to break your blocks.

Now Here's where the confusion comes in. The human sliders are different but at the same time they are the same. When you go to check the Human sliders you will notice 4 MAIN SLIDERS. Those four main sliders represent the difficulty in that specific area from Least to Greatest. The miniimum is 0 and the Max is 20. 0=Easiest 20=Hardest. Now when you enter one of these 4 sliders 3 sub sliders will be revealed, and these are identical to the CPU sliders that we just talked about. Raising these sub sliders increase the Human ability in that area thus lowering the OVERALL Difficulty which is split up into four sections (The four main sliders I just referred to)

So a quick overview

CPU sliders:Higher=Increases abilities Lower=decreases abilities

Human 4 main difficulty sliders:Increased slider=increased difficulty

Human sub sliders:Increased slider=increased ability.

I hope this helped clear things up a bit. I built my entire slider set around this logic and I'd say it worked out pretty well
Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Helps a ton, Mike. Thanks alot. Unfortunately your slow set is too hard for me, but I really appreciate your work and your help.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:40 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billg012260
Helps a ton, Mike. Thanks alot. Unfortunately your slow set is too hard for me, but I really appreciate your work and your help.

Thanks man I just appreciate you trying them out and I really hope you find the set that works best for you.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Is it really that simple Mike? Others have suggested that some sliders work together with each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Is it really that simple Mike? Others have suggested that some sliders work together with each other.
Again not to insult discredit or demean anyone I am not claiming to be better than anyone else who thinks differently than me, but they are actually wrong. The only sliders that affect gameplay are the four sliders that you see as soon as you see the sliders. The sub sliders believe it or not have no affect on the game whatsoever.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #7
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
Again not to insult discredit or demean anyone I am not claiming to be better than anyone else who thinks differently than me, but they are actually wrong. The only sliders that affect gameplay are the four sliders that you see as soon as you see the sliders. The sub sliders believe it or not have no affect on the game whatsoever.

So my question to you then is why are the sub sliders changed in your set then. If they don't affect gameplay?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
So my question to you then is why are the sub sliders changed in your set then. If they don't affect gameplay?
I'm just worried about the fact I used some parts of his sliders as a base... in this instance, Mike has no idea what he's talking about. And that's bad considering he seems to have the most popular slider set at the moment... Perhaps he's drunk lol

and @ Bill

The easiest way to grasp how the sliders work is to think of things in terms of better and worse, as opposed to easier and hard.

Lowering a slider makes either the CPU or player worse in that particular area of the game. Obviously, raising it has the opposite effect.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 08-24-2010 at 12:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »