Home

Any Sliders To Fix the Pass Rush?

This is a discussion on Any Sliders To Fix the Pass Rush? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Any Sliders To Fix the Pass Rush?

I play with Denver, and I just played an entire season on 10 minute quarters and DOOM had 2 sacks. 2 ****ING sacks. The pass rush problem is the biggest problem with this game. That and the general lack of defense. Should I just lower the **** out of the CPU pass blocking slider?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Re: Any Sliders To Fix the Pass Rush?

Also, did they entirely remove the control of the pass rush moves from the game? You used to be able to push LB or RB for finnesse or power moves, now it does nothing, and I try to use the right stick and it usually just does some random move that sends my defender even further away from the QB than he was to begin with.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think you pretty much answered your own question. I've never been remotely satisfied with madden until I spent many hours tweaking sliders to resolve the issues you mention. I've never been able to get balance with quick fixes which only focus on one slider. So, I would start by looking at the pass block slider. But don't neglect experimenting with canges to other sliders.

I'm only a few hours in on my testing, and the speed threshold slider seems to have a much larger effect than it did in madden 10. I'm thinking this may be due to some interaction between the slider and how locomotion works.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Also, did they entirely remove the control of the pass rush moves from the game? You used to be able to push LB or RB for finnesse or power moves, now it does nothing, and I try to use the right stick and it usually just does some random move that sends my defender even further away from the QB than he was to begin with.
The Power & Finesse moves are now controlled by the right analog stick. UP/DOWN for Power, LEFT/RIGHT for Finesse.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Its sad but I might just start simming defensive posessions. Defense is pretty much entirely broken.

A few nights ago my buddy and I did a fantasy draft and then played our first game against eachother. We traded touchdowns the entire game, there wasn't a single defensive stop until halfway through the 4th quarter when I forced a fumble on him. Before that we had both literally scored 7 TD's a piece, in a row. Not a single punt, not a single stop of any kind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 16

You guys should probably try my sliders out then, Defense has been the emphasis of my sliders since day 1
Old 08-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Jowel's I have been using redsfans sliders and have had realistic games and stats for my first 6 games of my season. In my cleveland franchise I have 19 sacks, forced 11 turnovers 5 fumbles and 6 picks. On top of this I have 11 Turnover's myself 7 picks and 4 fumbles. The only stat that has not made me happy is my record 6-0 but my biggest win is 14 points over Cinci with Palmer out and I have had 2 games go to overtime. Other than the 14 point win, three wins by 3 pts, one by 6, and one by 7. Every game has been close and have gone to the last minute. None of my stats are overblown and I have been playin 11 minute quarters with 20 second run off. Last thing and most importantly for me at least, I have been forced to punt 22 times and attempted 15 field goals through the 6 games. Some adjustments may need to be made to up user picks but so far I am extremely happy.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
I play with Denver, and I just played an entire season on 10 minute quarters and DOOM had 2 sacks. 2 ****ING sacks. The pass rush problem is the biggest problem with this game. That and the general lack of defense. Should I just lower the **** out of the CPU pass blocking slider?
If you play on slow then I urge you to try these out if your up for it-you might enjoy them.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »