Home

For those of you looking for more difficult, but still realistic sliders...

This is a discussion on For those of you looking for more difficult, but still realistic sliders... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: For those of you looking for more difficult, but still realistic sliders...

Just used your sliders. I play on Normal speed and was in a precarious position where I was blowing out teams, but if I went one notch up, it felt unfair. These sliders are pretty great but the pass rush was way too much on the user side. I am going with 30/35 and getting enough pressure. Really though, yuou did a great job. I also upped CPU runblocking to 75 and pass defense reaction time to 80. Pass Rushing to 70 for the CPU. I suggest everyone to use these sliders as a base and adjust as you will, because they are pretty great. About to play the Colts in Year 2 and I'll come back
Old 08-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thank you for trying them out Kstar. I really appreciate that. I figured one of the sliders that most would change is the HUM pass rush. The only reason it's at 90 is flat out because I just can't deal when the CPU QB has literally 10 seconds to throw the ball, drives me nuts. Lol.

However, because that's most likely my fault, I wasn't really sure what to put as the slider. So you're saying 30 or 35 would be good? I'll change it on the OP. Thank you for your help. I really hope they continue to work for you.

One thing I will say is that I started a 4 team franchise last night (my first in Madden 11) and won my first game a little too easily against the Raiders, using the Titans. But my next game as the Giants against the Panthers was back to normal and I barely won, 24-21. So I guess that game with CJ2k running amok was apparently an anomaly.

I will be gone for the weekend but hopefully more people try them and like them. If you have any questions I'll be back Monday night and will answer them then. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just played through quite a few more games. Something that I have had a major problem with is CPU Pass Defense. It is HORRIBLE. This is not just with these sliders, but completely out of hand with others too. Back when I was on 14 default pass defense, Roddy White went for 328 against the Saints. I've had a NUMBER of 200 yard games with White still, and he goes for 8-10 catches a game. I upped Pass Defense Reaction to 85 and Speed Threshold to 60. Roddy went for 130 against the Packers but was held in check for how often I threw to him. The Human QB Accuracy at 15 really helps this cause as well. I lost for my first time on these sliders against the Year 2 Packers in the NFCCG, 20-14 (thanks to back to back drops by Gonzalez and White, but whatever, good enough XD)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wow. I guess maybe it's because I target every receiver throughout the course of a game. Even if I have a superstar. I think the most yards receiving I've ever had was around 200, and ironically it was with a halfback due to 2 really long screen passes for Touchdowns.

Right now with the passing I'm having games I consider to be realistic. I've yet to break 400 yards with these, on the flip side, I haven't had any really bad games either. It's usually just about right on par with who the QB is. I'll tear it up with Peyton, but only be so so with Alex Smith. There's definitely some work ahead of me, and us. But the more people that try these out as a "difficult" base set, the better off we'll be in a couple weeks.

Let me know how your games work out with your slider adjustments. If they go real well then I'll plug them in for a couple games and see if it's something I should change on the main page. Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »