Home

Is there a "best" slider set out there?

This is a discussion on Is there a "best" slider set out there? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

OVR: 4
Is there a "best" slider set out there?

I know I know slider sets depend on how you play. Fine I get that. What's the slider set used the most here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Is there a "best" slider set out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogimaa
I know I know slider sets depend on how you play. Fine I get that. What's the slider set used the most here?
Bingo.

But, it seems the majority are using ***Mike32Ownz Sim Sliders/Auto-Sub Sliders***.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Everyone plays differently so no slider set out there is the best. But like the above poster said, the majority use Mike's. I use my own set which has the link to the thread in my post. I prefer defensive games, so my goal for my set of sliders was to make you earn your yards on offense. Last night I played the Ravens and only scored 9 points which is what I want.

― Plato
Old 08-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm using Mike32's right now with some very minor tweaks here and there, mostly beefed up the the run blocking for the CPU. I started with RedsFans "defensive sliders" which were working great, some very exciting games and authentic stats. Then I started winning games pretty easily with the Raiders so I've switched it up and so far had good results with Mike32's sliders.

My only gripe is sometimes opposing QBs go off and throw for like 280+ yards... I never really had that problem with RedsFans. On other hand I think it might be where my threshold is set. I had it at 85 and I brought it back to 80 and have had better results thus far... but its only been two games with the new threshold adjustment so I don't know. Also Asomugha seems to blow his assignments a lot more with Mike32's which is kind of annoying too but overall it's a fantastic slider set.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

i use playmakers realistic stats along with a realistic game that plays players to there ability an elite qb will be an elite qb be and a scrub will play like a scrub
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Everyone plays differently so no slider set out there is the best. But like the above poster said, the majority use Mike's. I use my own set which has the link to the thread in my post. I prefer defensive games, so my goal for my set of sliders was to make you earn your yards on offense. Last night I played the Ravens and only scored 9 points which is what I want.
No there isnt. I have a great set Canes has a great set Playmakers has a great set so try em all because we all are looking for the same goal which is a better madden
Old 08-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I'm considering posting my set soon.

I've got the running game as well as rushing defense for both the player and CPU about nailed down (small, hard-to-correct fumbling issue for the user though...) . I've also got the pass defense and offense for the human nailed down as a result of my own testing and playing; with both man to man and zone coverages working properly, and generating good QB sack and pressure numbers in the process.

Only thing I havn't really perfected is the cpu passing defense, and I'm close on that. It's just a matter of tweaking the cpu's pass reaction there for the most part.

According to MySkill, my level of play is a bit beyond All-Madden overall, so my set oughta provide a challenge for skillful players, while not being too ridiculous for those with a lesser grasp of the game. If I decide to post it of course... I'm too lazy to manage a popular slider set lol.

Anywho... I've found a combination of different sets to be best. I've done enough cross-breeding and tweaks of my own to definitely call them my own set though, especially considering that between some parts of the 3 sets there is a HUGE difference in philosophies. I believe in a philosophy of balance and consistency between all parts, and team strengths Vs. opposing weaknesses.

For example, trying to run against the Steelers should prove nearly an exercise in futility, but you should be able to do massive damage in the passing game. Success in the pass is key to getting a ground game going against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens. Against the Jets, you oughta have problems in all aspects of your offensive gameplan, but be capable of moving the ball with a good mix of run and pass. Failure to mix it up properly against the Jets should equal a loss in my book, and my sliders tend to play out as such. Not to mention, throwing at Revis should be borderline idiotic.

With that said, try some cross-breeding of Redsfan's, Mike32's, and Playmakers' sliders if you know what each slider does, and you ought to come up with something you can use.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 08-23-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Chaos are you going to put your sliders up here or start a new thread? I was using a combination of RedsFans and Mikes for a while with pretty good success. Somehow that silder set got replaced by default all-madden so I'm back to Mike32s for now.

...The one thing that I can't seem to correct is my defensive pass coverage. Asomugha is a step behind receivers, routinely gives up the deep ball, and has trouble breaking up passes...

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »