Home

Can Game Speed & Threshold Be Used Universaly

This is a discussion on Can Game Speed & Threshold Be Used Universaly within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #17
Rookie

smoothnc1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Can Game Speed & Threshold Be Used Universaly

nice thread
Old 08-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
The answer is Yes and No. Speed is universal THreshold is not. I have 2 different slider sets that I am working on and my 0 threshold slider is going to be completely different, because the cpu needs more help in pass coverage.
May I revoke my last statement? I do believe that Gamespeed AND threshold can be used universally I have had success with pretty much every gamespeed/Threshold
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #19
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Slow speed with 100 threshold seems to work well for me, It seems to help with slot receivers overly abusing the middle against under aware linebackers, but the ability for backs to break is still there when they find the hole, I hardly ever catch a running back or they catch me when a good running back gets a step on the defense. Played over 30 games with these settings.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

seems most are saying threshold at 100, I preffer norm GS

any one care to make an argument for 0 threshold
Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6

Don't be misled by this thread... MOST people use neither 100 nor 0, but rather something in between. I dare to say, most people have their slider somewhere between 30 and 70. Personally I find 64 to be the best, most balanced slider setting. People who like a vast difference in speed tend to dabble in the upper 30s and lower 40s from what I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
seems most are saying threshold at 100, I preffer norm GS

any one care to make an argument for 0 threshold
Yes I'll make an argument for 0 Threshold lol. I once scored 48 points (8 Touchdowns) with Desean Jackson in the first half on 0 threshold. 4 Receiving touchdowns on streaks, 2 Rushing Touchdowns (Wildcat, End Around), and a Punt return. 0 THreshold is unplayable if you are using the Eagles or the Titans IMO
Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Uderstand Im not doubting just engaging in conversation one particular slider set uses 0 threshold claiming that removes "force fields" and allows players to play at their "real" speed.

I dont know? Im just curious does anyone agree
Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #24
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

1) If you want to keep big plays at a minimum, use 100 threshold. If you want to see Chris Johnson and Felix Jones rush for 400 yards and 6 td's; and DeSean Jackson have 12 catches for 500yds use 0 threshold LOL!

2) The higher you go up on sliders(aka all-madden) the lower your threshold should be because with the sliders jacked up, the speed boost is already included. With the threshold set at 100 along with jacked up sliders, you can kiss the fly pattern and any big plays goodbye.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »