Home

The K*I*S*S slider set

This is a discussion on The K*I*S*S slider set within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The K*I*S*S slider set

This is my first foray into posting sliders. I have played dozens and dozens of games and was beating my head against the wall micromanaging the sliders until something hit me.
It seems to make little difference what the sub-set sliders are, i.e., the pass accuracy, blocking and WR catching. It seems to make a whole lot more difference what the main slider number is, i.e. 10, 11, 12, 13, etc.
I have also noticed through testing that the CPU sliders react the same way, even though they are only the subset sliders, not the main set. So, if you set the CPU pass accuracy, blocking and WR catching all to 50, you are basically setting the CPU skill to "All-Pro" If you put them all at 75, the CPU skill it is basically at "Pro"
With this theory in mind, I created a slider set that I call: Keep It Simple, Stupid. No micromanaging needed. Perfect play balance.
Here they are:

Penalties, game speed, quarter length, etc., all personal preference.
Speed threshold: (this actually does matter, I noticed. I call this the "big play slider." Therefor, I found the sweet spot to be 75. There are some big plays, but very few 80-yard TDs)

Human/CPU
Offense
Passing
Human 12, CPU 13
QB accuracy: 22/50
Blocking: 50/10
WR catching: 50/50

Rushing
Human 13, CPU 11
Break tackle: 35/35 (CPU runners break way too many tackles)
Run blocking: 35/50
Fumbles: 43/50

Defense
Passing
Human 7, CPU 7ish
Reaction time 50/75
Interceptions 65/75
Pass rush 81/50

Rushing
Human 10/CPU 10
All 50s for both human and CPU

This seems to strike a nice balance. Let me know what you think?

Last edited by KIlroy777; 08-24-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »