Home

Coach Mode Sliders based on Mike32Ownz's sliders

This is a discussion on Coach Mode Sliders based on Mike32Ownz's sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #17
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coach Mode Sliders based on Mike32Ownz's sliders

How does this work? Do you just call the plays and let the CPU run the plays or what? I've never done coach mode but it's tempting because I'm a terrible Madden player. I get more enjoyment out of building a team and running a franchise than I do actually playing so these might be for me. I also could use broadcast view if I actually don't have to run the plays.

So is that how it works? You just come up with a gameplan and call the plays?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
How does this work? Do you just call the plays and let the CPU run the plays or what? I've never done coach mode but it's tempting because I'm a terrible Madden player. I get more enjoyment out of building a team and running a franchise than I do actually playing so these might be for me. I also could use broadcast view if I actually don't have to run the plays.

So is that how it works? You just come up with a gameplan and call the plays?
Yup thats it, only you have to punt and kick field goals, but all you are doing is aiming and timing the meter.
Mets
Old 08-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you, these are the best coach mode sliders. I've made some small adjustments from your set, but as far as i'm concerned, you're set has made the game playable again.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:15 AM   #20
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok just played a game with these, coach mode is the way to play. I feel like I'm watching a real NFL game with these. I probably need to figure out how to do pre snap adjustments to enhance my experience. Learning when to call zone and when to call a blitz probably would help but for my first game I really enjoyed it, even though I lost to the hated Cowboys.

Final score was 27-24 in overtime. McNabb threw a INT to set up the game winning FG for Dallas. Here are some stats.

McNabb - 18/28 for 247 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
Portis - 16 carries for 107 yards
Moss - 7 receptions for 124 yards and a TD

Romo - 22/28 for 213 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT
Jones - 12 carries for 50 yds
Whitten - 6 receptions for 104 yards

These were with 15 minute quarters plus 5 minutes of overtime action.

My question would be now, what do you do with kickoffs? Do you supersim them? I kind of split it up in this game. On some kickoffs I supersimed them and on others I chose to return them. That led to one of Dallas's scores because Devin Hester fumbled.

I read on another thread there is something wrong with the kickoff engine so you aren't going to get any big returns no matter what. It's going to be run back to the 20 every time. So is it best just to supersim kickoffs?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #21
Rookie

Cowboys63's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Ok just played a game with these, coach mode is the way to play. I feel like I'm watching a real NFL game with these. I probably need to figure out how to do pre snap adjustments to enhance my experience. Learning when to call zone and when to call a blitz probably would help but for my first game I really enjoyed it, even though I lost to the hated Cowboys.

Final score was 27-24 in overtime. McNabb threw a INT to set up the game winning FG for Dallas. Here are some stats.

McNabb - 18/28 for 247 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
Portis - 16 carries for 107 yards
Moss - 7 receptions for 124 yards and a TD

Romo - 22/28 for 213 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT
Jones - 12 carries for 50 yds
Whitten - 6 receptions for 104 yards

These were with 15 minute quarters plus 5 minutes of overtime action.

My question would be now, what do you do with kickoffs? Do you supersim them? I kind of split it up in this game. On some kickoffs I supersimed them and on others I chose to return them. That led to one of Dallas's scores because Devin Hester fumbled.

I read on another thread there is something wrong with the kickoff engine so you aren't going to get any big returns no matter what. It's going to be run back to the 20 every time. So is it best just to supersim kickoffs?
Sounds like you had one heck of a game! Thanks for checking the sliders out and for posting your results. As for the kicking game, it does appear to be flawed, but I believe that I read somewhere that they are fixing it for the next patch, but I'm not 100% on that. In the meantime, however you want to play it is fine. Sometimes I take control of them and other times, I just let it play out. I haven't supersimed them, but that seems like a good idea as well. But, the one thing I have learned over the years with these games is to play it however you like it best.

Just one thing: Stop hating on my Cowboys! (just kidding). Thanks for your input and believe it or not, I am glad the Redskins have a good coach and maybe we can get the old rivalry going again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Cowboys63's Arena

OK, I have updated the sliders on the front page. The only change is the Passing reaction time has been moved to 34 from 26. I had been playing with it at 34 previously and when Mike32Ownz changed his to 26, I changed these coach mode sliders as well, but the CPU passing game really seemed to suffer and not flow as realisticly as it did at 34, so I moved it back.

My last two games with these sliders have been pretty good. In the first, I (Cowboys) beat the Saints 27-24, kicking the winning field goal as the clock hit zero. All the stats were really goood. In the second, I beat Denver 34-8 in what I believe was a really good team beating an average team. The score was 7-0 at half time, but an interception that led to a td and an 80 yard run by Felix Jones and the route was on. Barber rushed for 80 yards on 17 carries and all his longest rush was like 12yds. Romo was 17/26 for 203yds.

Try these for a few games and see what you think.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 21

Tried a few coach only and cpu/cpu sets on here. These appear to me to be the best representation of real football...both in look on the field and stats.

Good job!!

C
Old 08-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
Rookie

Cowboys63's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Tried a few coach only and cpu/cpu sets on here. These appear to me to be the best representation of real football...both in look on the field and stats.

Good job!!

C
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »