Home

Does anyone's sliders actually make zone work?

This is a discussion on Does anyone's sliders actually make zone work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3
Does anyone's sliders actually make zone work?

I've tried a ton of different sliders and I have yet to find any that actually allows zone D's to work. As it stands, I'm missing around half my plays because I can't call zone blitzs, or just plain zones.

Has anyone found a slider setting that makes zones work, or is this something that can only be fixed with a patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Does anyone's sliders actually make zone work?

I haven't had a problem with zone coverage. I used a mixture of zone and double teams to stop the Texans from getting more than 7 points on me.

― Plato
Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I've tried a ton of different sliders and I have yet to find any that actually allows zone D's to work. As it stands, I'm missing around half my plays because I can't call zone blitzs, or just plain zones.

Has anyone found a slider setting that makes zones work, or is this something that can only be fixed with a patch?

Try this buddy:

pass reaction: 5

Ints: 5

Pass rush: 75

Use that for both cpu and human. The pass block for both should be at 5 also.

What this does is make the defense play natural, not superhuman like. But don't get caught calling the same defensive play or the CPU will make you pay for it.

As a matter of, use my sliders and see what you get. If the running game is a little to strong, bring the break tackle slider down 5-10 clicks and the cpu's tackling up 5-10 clicks.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

First off let me say that although they aren't by any means perfect, zones aren't as broken as you think. Basically, yellow zones aim to keep everything in your zone in front of you. In Madden, it is a little extreme as players in yellow zones basically don't react until the ball is caught.

The slider you'll need to bump up is pass rush ( I have it around 75), and pass reaction time; I'd put it somewhere around 60, then raise/lower it depending upon your own skill. What you want to have happen is to get just enough pressure with your front 4 so that the receivers cant get deep and break apart the zone, but instead the QB has to settle for a throw to the flats. Upping pass rush should help your zone blitz succeed too, especially if you hit the weak blocking side of the formation.

Remember, pass rush is almost non-existent on default Madden settings. And you know what happens in the NFL when a team can't get a pass rush; basically every QB can have high comp % against a zone, and elite QB's will absolutely destroy it.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:

Zone is broken on this game and to anyone that says otherwise..........well I disagree I'll leave it at that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

They aren't broken really. They have their problems, but the players do play zone a lot better this year than any past version. Coverage this year is a lot better overall except for the ghosting here and there.

― Plato
Old 08-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 16

Agreed, but it is so easily exploited by an accurate pass, that I feel it is absolutely worthless, In the NFL when you are playing zone you have to watch out for corners dropping back into zones in Madden you just wait for your receiver to make his break and boom you've got a 15 yard completion its been like that for years now and though it is better this year I just dont see any reason to ever chose that over man to man
Old 08-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Zone has worked for me very well. I use the Redskins, maybe we're a better zone team, I don't know. But I'd say I may have had more success playing zone rather than man.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »