Home

The Creeps "Crunch Time" slider set.

This is a discussion on The Creeps "Crunch Time" slider set. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
The Creeps "Crunch Time" slider set.

Good morning all. Introducing my base set of sliders. At the moment I'm still in th process of tweaking, so feedback on your game outcomes will be much appreciated.

I firmly believe that the lower the sliders are the better. If you go too high for sliders such as tackling and WR catching you'll notice that warping and suction will show up. However, lowering the WR catch slider will result in less stellar animations (one handed catches for example) for star WRs.

Pick your poison on that one. Do you want recievers warping for catches or do you want less "super star" animations. I chose no warping so I'm going low on the WR catch. Also, whichever Defensive player you pick, you are his mentor/guide. That means no switch rule in effect here. Here you go- Version 1.0

Game Speed=Slow
Fatigue=60
Speed Threshold=30
Quarter length=14 min
Clock Run off=15-20
Injuries=35

Auto Subs(Courtesy of Mike32)
QB=50/60
RB=78/83
WR=73/80
FB=65/79
OL=22/27
DT=70/80
DE=70/80
LB=70/80
CB=65/75
S=65/80

QB Accuracy
15/40. Seems just about right at the moment
Pass Block
20/17. I'm still bumping these up at the moment to hit that gravy spot. D lineman with higher ratings are a threat. I'm looking for a couple seconds more before the high rated dlineman get out of the block. Right now I think they are disengaging sliiiiightly too fast. You want 3 seconds, you got it.
WR Catch
40/40. I might bump it up a little bit. Still looking for the gravy spot. 40 might be good.
Break Tackle
0/0. This is most definitely NOT needed. At all. Myself along with the CPU still break a decent amount of tackles.
Run Block
34/33. I was thinking about actually lowering this, but I'm going to go with upping run d reaction first to see what I get.
Fumbles
60/60. Cant really put my finger on this one yet.
Pass Reaction Time
46/46. Still scoping this one. If anything, it'll get dropped. Definitely wont be going higher. Awaiting feedback/suggestions on this one.
Interceptions
0/0. I still see a few per game depending how hot or cold the QB is.
Pass Rush
35/25. I think this is the gravy spot here.
Run Reaction Time
17/17. I think I might settle here.
Block Shed
0/0. Just like break tackle. You can keep this zeroed out. I'm having no problems shedding blocks depending on who it is blocking me of course. CPU is having no problems shedding either.
Tackle
49/49. Tried to go up past 50, but as soon as I did lineman started suctioning into RBs unrealistically.

So there you have it. As stated, open for suggestions and would like to see what you all get. Thanks.

Last edited by TheCreep; 01-07-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: The Creeps "Crunch Time" slider set.

Quick update. I'm going to tinker with speed threshold once I get off work. I'm seeing many using a higher value. I'm curious now.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Banned

Updates in the original post. Changes in red.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
So I tried these out...with the help of what gamertom wrote under the slider 101 topic...I have to say it was very nice...I lost 10-0 in a preseason game...I really enjoyed the game...I'll run another game later when I get home from work and post some numbers
Old 08-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
Banned

Another update for you guys. Changes of course all in red. I'm thinking that I'm close to finalizing the set now. I would suggest not going any higher or lower than 3 points either side of whats posted here.

Thats for everything but run reaction time. Still trying to get a bead on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajobristol
So I tried these out...with the help of what gamertom wrote under the slider 101 topic...I have to say it was very nice...I lost 10-0 in a preseason game...I really enjoyed the game...I'll run another game later when I get home from work and post some numbers
Thanks for trying them out man. Are we in agreement reference break tackle and block shed needing NO # at all? I check out pretty much everyones slider sets to see if there are any similarities and cant see how everyone has break tackle in the 40s at all.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah...preseason game benson had 89 yards on 17 carries...with only two broken tackles...Scott had around 40 on 10 carries...
Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
Rookie

One other thing...u notice press coverage is really tough with catch at 38...when I get home going to bump to 45ish to see if that really affects press coverage as stated by gamertom...all playing on normal speed..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »