Home

The NFL Experience 2.1.02 - Thread for Post Patch Sliders

This is a discussion on The NFL Experience 2.1.02 - Thread for Post Patch Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The NFL Experience 2.1.02 - Thread for Post Patch Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots12
Yeah deflections still are not that great but they seem to stick on your receiver and force them to drop slot of passes atm I have gone 13-30 166 yds 2 td and 1 int with Brady with moss, seller, and edelman dropping 15 passes al together.
Ah dude sorry for that other post, now i really can say that cpu deflects passes way more often, i didnt kinda notice , but now i remember one of my latest games against vikings where my passes where destroyed by cpu defence... clearly EA is doing something good .
Old 09-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just finished that game against the 49ers won 65-28 Brady went 20-43 332 yds 5 td 1 int. I'm have to fix the sliders but pretty good game overall ea is on the right track like you said llisinas.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #19
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Just finished a game with original "NFL Experience" sliders.

Lions (HUM) - 36
Vikings (CPU) - 27

Lions:

Stafford: 18/21, 327yds, 3TD, 0INT, 1 dropped pass
Smith: 16 att, 59yds, 3.6avg 1TD
Best: 11 att, 88yds, 8.0avg 0TD
Defense: 1 Sack, 3TFL, 14 assisted tackles

Vikings:

Favre: 11/17, 254yds, 3TD, 0INT, 3 dropped passes
Peterson: 18 att, 101yds, 5.6avg, 0TD
Defense: 2 Sacks, 5TFL, 18 assisted tackles

Notes:

Lions: My passing numbers seem crazy and maybe they are, but the Vikes were constantly blitzing on almost every snap and I just kept checking down. Three of my checkdowns were sprung for big gainers against single coverage. I also only suffered one drop from my recievers. Jahvid Best was largely held in check, but sprung two 20 yarders to pad the YPC.

Vikings: Like I said, they went crazy-go-nuts with the blitz. I'm fairly certain they showed blitz on 90% of my snaps. It was ludicrous. Not disguised fancy zone blitz, but "8 men on the line, we're coming to kill you" blitzes. On offense, they were effective, only punting twice... but that ridiculous defensive playcalling allowed me to dictate the pace... Gouged them with up the gut runs on outside blitzes and check down passes on inside blitzes. And once you hold a late lead against the CPU, it's not too hard to drop eight into coverage and swat down passes regardless of sliders.

There was only one fumble, by AP and recovered by the Vikings.

I played 8 min quarters, no runoff. Lions had approx. 52 snaps on offense, Vikings had 40. I dominated time of possession, but I always try to have a 3:2 ratio for run vs pass.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

One more game of the original sliders, if you need any more testing info for your tweaks.

Lions (HUM) - 38
Packers (CPU) - 24

Lions:

Stafford: 15/26, 161yds, 2TD, 2INT, 1 dropped pass
Smith: 14 att, 163yds, 11.6avg, 2TD, 1 Fum
Best: 7 att, 13yds, 1.8avg 0TD
Defense: 7 Sacks, 11TFL, 12 assisted tackles

Notes:
Stafford came back to earth. The Packers base 3-4 mixed up coverages well, one INT was just a bad decision, the other was a great play by a safety in short zone. Smith had 90 of his yards on two big runs. The Packers were showing consistent outside blitzs looks, and in the 3-4 that usually means you only have the 1 or 2 guys to beat if you slip the NT on a middle run... One time I busted the FS tackle for a 71 yarder. The other was for 19. Besides that, the run game was fairly pedestrian. The lack of GB sacks is misleading. Their CBs are great at jamming WRs and the pass rush was consistently crushing Stafford just as I released the throw. The checkdowns that were open against Minny were not easy to find in this one.

Packers:

Rodgers: 19/34, 379yds, 2TD, 2INT, 0 dropped passes
Grant: 18 att, 72yds, 4.0avg, 0TD
Defense: 2 Sacks, 4TFL, 22 assisted tackles

Notes:
Rodgers was playing very well early when the offense was balanced and the Packers entered the 4th leading by three. However, a nice user pick (if I can pat myself on the back) by Delmas setup a Lions TD. Once the CPU is behind in the fourth, they get dumb with the playcalling. Their OL isn't great at pass blocking... and I racked up five sacks in the fourth, not counting a near-sack that led to a Suh 65 yard int return that effectively ended the game. Even with plenty of clock and timeouts in the fourth, Rodgers just didn't want to check down to short routes. Whenever he got off a pass, it was a nutty heave downfield.

Even with the patch, I'm liking the sliders... just not the CPU playcalling. I'm starting to think that unless you go straight-up All-Madden and let the CPU pull wacky stuff to stay close... it's just too easy to exploit their crap coaching.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Poker have you been working on new sliders ? The only thing i found out that needs tweaking is USER running game,i found it too easy though im far away from "skilled" or good runner on the game,im average if not even below it and its still too easy for me.Lately ive been playing franchise mode with Cardinals without any trades or free agent use , had 100+ carries with both Wells and Hightower and both of them had 5.0 and 5.4 YPC. Thats really too good for decent running backs who are being controlled by average or below average user on running game.As i said thats the only thing imo that needs tweaking,though i bumped WR CATCH for user by 1 point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #22
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Now that the 1.03 patch is out, looking forward to see what these sliders bring. I played with the original ones and they were certainly heading in the right direction. because of the poor defense regardless of slider settings, I put the game away. But with the latest patch showing promise, hoping a combination of these sliders and the patch make it playable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »