Home

Making Offline Franchise Deeper Next Year: Unique Storylines

This is a discussion on Making Offline Franchise Deeper Next Year: Unique Storylines within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Making Offline Franchise Deeper Next Year: Unique Storylines

I would love to see unique storylines incorporated into offline franchise in the coming years (most notably next year in hopes that Madden 12 puts a major focus into the offline franchise mode). Some things that would be cool to see, just to name a few:

• Positional battles such as QB controversies a la Matt Leinart vs Derek Anderson as we saw this year
  • Players threatening and attempting to holdout over contractual disputes
  • Players demanding trades
  • Player suspensions (I know this can get nuts but would be interesting to talk about, "Hey who got suspended in your 'chise for such and such..")
  • Having sleepers (guys that don't have an elite rating) sometimes emerge to have a great season or even an out-of-nowhere great career
  • Players coming out of retirement and going to another team (think Brett Favre)
Again these are just a few ideas off the top that I thought might make franchise more intriguing. Perhaps some of them like player suspensions might be hard to implement, but if we're pushing for realism (What's the motto: If it's in the game, it's in the game?) then I don't think it would be unreasonable to hope for such things.

Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas on how franchise can become more realistic and can keep you coming back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Making Offline Franchise Deeper Next Year: Unique Storylines

Woops put this in the wrong forum, how do I move this to another general discussion area? Thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Some pretty good idea's.. possible too. I'd love to see the Chargers suffer without Jackson. Floyd's good, but no were near as hood.

I like to imagine my own story line. Like right now Im playing as the Pats, trying to get Brady, Moss, and Welker into the HoF, and how it turned into one of the greatest passing team's ever. Or turning the Rams into SB Champs. That type of thing.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I used to play a hockey management game called Eastside Hockey Manager and it used to have great little storylines. Players not happy with playing time so their ratings suffered........players demanding trades.........players unhappy with the coaching/playing style..........

All of these could easily be implemented and would add depth and fun to the franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »