Home

Finally I found THE PERFECT MADDEN 11 GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

This is a discussion on Finally I found THE PERFECT MADDEN 11 GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Finally I found THE PERFECT MADDEN 11 GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

Hi all,
I've always been an hardcore reader of the forum, though I don't post a lot.
Every year when Madden comes out we all know we have to roll up our sleeves and study, tweak, compare, experiment, analyze, change sliders until we find a balance for the game. Every version has its glitches (interceptions, fumbles, big plays, no flags, no running game, dumb blocking), and personally I like this "call to the army/sliders" every august.
Last year in my opinion the Madden series turned a corner and, despite its many flaws, improved a lot the gameplay and its overall football experience.

I was especially impressed by how this topic (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ally-work.html) changed the physics of the game and improved the realism, both statistical and visual for Madden 10, making it the most enjoyable NFL experience since the 2K days.
I think this is one of the most important things to keep in mind for "sliders-makers": do not sacrifice realistic visual gameplay (such as receiver routes, blocking schemes, qb decision making, def backs behavior and O/D lines interaction) to obtain realistic stats.
In my opinion this had been this year's sliders problem.

I tried basically all the sliders I found here (Mike, redsfan, playmakers, pokerplaya, jd_stevens) and, though I found them interesting, challenging and realistic (i always had good stats), I still had the feeling that those sliders didnt make the most out of this game.

So I decided to study the aforementioned topic (which i think is really well written and full of smart inputs) and to come out with a new set of sliders, that shifts its focus on underrated aspects of the game: fight for every yard, find the hole while running, protect the qb, a great "trench battle" beween the lines. All those aspects have been underestimated by the developers and I think this sliders set has really succeded in making Madden 11 one of the best NFL titles ive ever played and the closer game to NFL 2k5.

The reason why I'm posting these sliders is because I was impressed by the results and i feel the game is really worth a try.
I wouldnt post them if there were only a slight difference between those and all the excellent sliders we see on this board.
Moreover, using a customized and realistic gameplan is a MUST, both for CPU and HUM, as most of the times we see absurd calls and plays due to Madden's playbooks. For PS3 I downloaded DangerDanjo gameplans and I believe there is something for 360 as well.
Not only the game plays like a real NFL game, but also is extremely challenging and fun to play:

Playcall Style: Gameflow (Using customized gameplans)
Play Clock: On
Quarter Length: 15 minutes
Accelerated Clock: 25 seconds
Auto Strafe/Sprint: On
Injuries: 30
Fatigue: 55
Game Speed: Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold: 100

Penalties
Offsides: 100
False Start: 55
Holding: 65
Facemask: 55
Defensive PI: 100
Offensive PI: 100
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 54
Int Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer/Kicker: 100

Passing
QB Acc - 30
Pass Block - 12
WR Catch 45

Rushing
Break Tack - 25
Run Block - 17
Fumbles - 50

Pass Defense
Reaction Time - 15
INT - 5
Pass Rush - 75

Rush Defense
Reaction Time - 17
Blk Shed - 20
Tackling - 10

Special Teams
FG Power: 45
FG Accuracy: 60
Punt Power: 90
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 0

There are no "house rules" (if a slider set is perfect I don't see why we should avoid doing a certain thing).
As you can see I use the same settings both for HUM and CPU, as I believe there shouldnt be differences between my players and his players. Why should my QB have an accuracy of 25 and his of 75, or my RB break more tackles than his? Sliders influence player's attributes and should be the same.

One last thing: I know how sliders can vary from user to user, as we all don't play the same way, so those sliders won't probably apply to all users, but I think they will please the majority of "realistic" players, those who want the game to play like real life.

Any comment and criticism is welcome, but at least I'm happy that this winter I will play awesome virtual football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Finally I found THE PERFECT MADDEN 11 GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

Great post! Thanks for posting these sliders. Makes me actually want to "play" Madden 11!

Just curious if you have tried these in Coach mode or CPU vs CPU? I'm assuming you've only actually "played" with these sliders. Sorry, I'm one of those stat geeks that loves Coach and CPU vs CPU mode. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

- manooly
Old 09-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Part of the reason visual gameplay MUST be sacrificed is because Madden is simply very poorly programmed.

CBs can't cover properly without occasionally running the WRs route equally or faster than they do.

HBs sometimes have to be "untackleable" because the game supports no use of actual physics, and the game wouldn't understand what to do if they weren't.

Two examples amongst an EXTREMELY long list of situations where your options are sacrifice visuals or sacrifice stats. It takes both to achieve a realistic game, yet both in Madden is not possible.

By maintaining visuals, you sacrifice stats, which is unrealistic.
By maintaining stats, you sacrifice visuals, which is unrealstic (though much less so from a sim perspective).

That's pretty much how it is, no matter what sliders you're using. These will be no different. And somebody has GOT to post up some passing stats with these. Things get out of hand with pass reaction in the 30s. 15 has got to be a real spectacle.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

I have speed set to Slow with threshold at 0. Reason why is Slow speed provides better animations than it would on Fast, and by having the threshold at 0, it provides a much smoother game. The threshold basically puts an invisible forcefield in front of faster players, which from what I've seen, can result in players becoming stuck on each other (On Slant Routes it can become a serious problem).

Probably everyone disagrees with this. "But it will just result in big play after big play". On slow speed it wont. With PM's sliders it will take me at minimum 10 plays to get downfield, which is realistic. Even if say.. Randy Moss breaks free, with the QBA set low, its not a guaranteed catch.

So in a way you can maintain both, but mainly favoring stats. This is from my experience anyway.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Okay i only changed one slider everything else i left the way you had it i changed the tackling to 50

Steelers (cpu) @ Titans (me)

Halftime the score was 20-0 Titans winning The final score was 26-7 Titans win
The game was better than the score indicates this was a battle of defense for sure with a combined 18 punts in this game 10 by the Steelers and 8 by the Titans.
Chris Johnson broke one long run for a 55 yard touchdown run in the 2nd quarter he was solid all day long.
Steelers only touchdown came late in the 4th quarter in the last 2 minutes of the game when Dixon hit Randle El on a 60 yard touchdown bomb.

Steelers 2 sacks
Titans 5 sacks

Passing
Vince Young
83.3 QB Rating 16-25 167 yards 0 td's 0 int's
Dennis Dixon
79.0 QB Rating 22-43 274 yards 1 td 0 int's

Rushing
Chris Johnson
149 yards on 33 rushes 2 td's
Rashard Mendenhall
36 yards on 15 rushes 0 td's
Mewelde Moore
14 yards on 2 rushes 0 td's

So after one game of the one slider adjustment i made to tackling i really love these sliders a lot i will have to play some more and give you more feedback but great sliders after the tackling adjustment

Last edited by buddy321813; 09-17-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
Banned

Played another game with all your sliders except the tackling turned up to 50

Rams (cpu) @ Raiders (me)

Halftime the score was Raiders up 13-7 final score raiders win 33-7
This was another game where the offenses struggled a bit with 12 punts from the Rams and 8 punts from the Raiders actually the touchdowns came from the Rams fumbling inside the 5 and Mcfadden running it in for a touchdown the next play. In the 3rd quarter Mcfadden busted out a 73 rush for a touchdown and on the next series Bush busted a 62 yard run for a touchdown other than that not much offense from the Raiders or Rams.

Rams 1 sack
Raiders 7 sacks

Passing
Jason Campbell
63.2 QB rating 12-27 156 yards 0 td's 0 int's
Sam Bradford
82.2 QB rating 18-37 272 yards 1 td 0 int's

Rushing
Darren Mcfadden
140 yards on 33 carries 2 td's
Michael Bush
63 yards on 2 carries 1 td
Steven Jackson
39 yards on 26 carries 0 td's
Old 09-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
Banned

So after two games i learned the tackling sliders should be at 50 i had way too many broken tackles for me and against me but thats just my opinion maybe i should lower it a bit but i dont know you tell me what you think i should do also i noticed the computer can't run the ball almost at all and i feel like i get a little too many sacks but overall liking the sliders

Last edited by buddy321813; 09-17-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm going to try these shortly...will report results soon...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »